• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spain Signals New Hard Line Stance On Gibraltar

That's not entirely true. It made the front page of El País, and El Mundo today. Funnily enough, having breakfast in a bar in Ugíjar this morning I overheard a very heated discussion going on about Gib. That's the first time I've heard it being discussed in a long while.

Okay not been in town to look at the newsapapers today and not watched tv..

The consensus was that the PP leaders nationally and the PSOE leaders in Andalucía should be parachuted onto The Rock and then prevented from re-entering Spain. Good for them, they would enjoy the tax-free status and the black economy, and good for Spain to concentrate as many fraudsters, tax dodgers and corrupt businesses in one place where they can do little harm. I thought that showed a lot of sense.

HAHAH .. I would actually agree on that.

The Gibraltar Monkeys will rob you, anally rape you, and/or throw stuff at you, and for so long as they are there, Gibraltar will remain under British rule.

here is the best part....whats that saying about people in glass houses?

No kidding. Especially when it comes to whom you let into the neighborhood:

The four main religious groups are Christian, Muslim :shock:, Jewish :eek: and Hindu.

So no Muslims or Jews in the British-controlled Gibraltar under the Treaty of Utrecht, but Muslims and Jews in the Spanish enclave are fine. :rofl

So no Muslims or Jews in the British-controlled Gibraltar under the Treaty of Utrecht, but Muslims and Jews in the Spanish enclave are fine. :rofl

Actually the wording is no Jews and Moors.. which can be seen as no Jews and Muslims. And there is no treaty that states that they are not allowed in the Spanish enclaves. so...

Back
Top Bottom