• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spain Election

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Resultados Elecciones Generales 2016 | diariosur.es

The results are coming in, and the exit polls are pointing to a centre-left majority... but there are considerable amount of uncertainties as the turn out was the lowest ever and there are the most amount of postal votes ever.

But what all the exit polls and polls say, is that the centre-right will lose seats and the centre-left will win.

Rumor also has it, that the PP right wing leader will offer the main left wing party PSOE a pact to join in government to avoid that Podemos gets into power..

The results are coming in, and the exit polls are pointing to a centre-left majority... but there are considerable amount of uncertainties as the turn out was the lowest ever and there are the most amount of postal votes ever.

But what all the exit polls and polls say, is that the centre-right will lose seats and the centre-left will win.

Rumor also has it, that the PP right wing leader will offer the main left wing party PSOE a pact to join in government to avoid that Podemos gets into power..
Yeah, this gets lost in all the Brexit kerfuffle but I didn't start anything on it myself in the hope of not offering the American Prudence Brigade another outlet for their pearls of wisdom.

No offence to those "cousins" most welcome here, the reference applies to a certain set of posters and anyone taking offence will be one of them.:2razz:

If none of the big three (and Podemos so far looks like having taken 2nd from PSOE) loses its intransigence, we'll remain in deadlock forever.

I personally don't much favor a PP-PSOE coalition. Bit like joining Satan with the devil.

Yeah, this gets lost in all the Brexit kerfuffle but I didn't start anything on it myself in the hope of not offering the American Prudence Brigade another outlet for their pearls of wisdom.

No offence to those "cousins" most welcome here, the reference applies to a certain set of posters and anyone taking offence will be one of them.:2razz:

If none of the big three (and Podemos so far looks like having taken 2nd from PSOE) loses its intransigence, we'll remain in deadlock forever.

I personally don't much favor a PP-PSOE coalition. Bit like joining Satan with the devil.

Looks like another stalemate. PP gained 12 seats but C lost 10, so they are 10 seats short of a majority

PSOE lost one or two seat, and Podemos gained none, so they are short 17 seats of a majority.

Looks like a mess over again. Markets wont be happy tomorrow morning that is for sure. But saying that, still 15% of the votes to be counted... so who knows.

~................Looks like a mess over again. Markets wont be happy tomorrow morning that is for sure. But saying that, still 15% of the votes to be counted... so who knows.
Yeah, I'm waiting as well.

Lousy turnout though makes it look like Spaniards have become comfortable with not having government at all.

This is one problem of many structures of parliamentary democracy. In many cases it is impossible to attain a one party majority and the dicision is to refuse a functional coalition or negotiate with the other parties which promises made one's voter should be broken. The reward for the negotiating politicians which promises to break are sterling jobs.

Yeah, I'm waiting as well.

Lousy turnout though makes it look like Spaniards have become comfortable with not having government at all.

The regional governments are strong enough to manage most day to day stuff. The population seems to think that Madrid is a pretty city only relevant for things of high state.

Yes. I have been following that. It does not sound like an easy remedy nears. But it does look like the Spaniards are dissatisfied with being asked to vote again.

Yep .. looks like conservatism is taking over the world showing the people are waking UP

What baffles me is the attitudes of many Spanish, primarily PP voters.

You ask them about the corruption, and they start out blaming the PSOE as standard but after a while they admit that the PP is a problem as well. Reality check, the PP stands for a huge majority of the corruption cases going on...

Then you ask them why they vote for PP, and the answer "to stop that communist Podemous bastard".. !??!?!? Then you get a long explanation that the main Podemous guy´s father was a well know communist under Franco and is universally hated.. err okay?

So we have a situation where everyone is bitching about the corruption in Madrid, and yet they reelect time and time again the very same corrupt bastards out of fear of the alternative... mind boggling.

this is why there soon will be a world wide WISDOM test for voters..NOT a EDUCATION TEST which can have very low logical thinkers BUT a real logical thinking ability test at the high levels in order to vote.. this will sweet away all liberalism and bring in conservatism.. this is the change that china has made to make great progress

this is why there soon will be a world wide WISDOM test for voters..NOT a EDUCATION TEST which can have very low logical thinkers BUT a real logical thinking ability test at the high levels in order to vote.. this will sweet away all liberalism and bring in conservatism.. this is the change that china has made to make great progress

What ARE you going on about, and what does it have to do with this thread - maybe I've just missed it?

ELECTIONS.. DEMOCRACIES....the wise american founders said there never was a democracy that did not commit suicide and if a nation lets all people to vote it will fall... the only solution is a wisdom test NOT an education test for voters.. and china may be doing this behind closed doors and their progress is soaring.. America's wise founders had a type of wisdom test for voters a property test .. the ability to gain and hold property and this built the greatest empire ever .. but that voting by the wise has changed to lower and lower record low IQ's voting

Same on the village level here (rural and about the size of Andy's) except that the PP is seen as the most corrupt since anything left can't be on account of Franco having induced the Italian navy to shell the whole coastline over 80 years ago with some of the less well aimed rounds hitting further inland.

But when it comes to electing the local hicktown mayor, better be a PP guy. Cuz PP rules in Seville and of course in Madrid and a party member has a better chance of getting subsidies flowing this way.

Of course a quite pragmatic way of acknowledging the corruption, use it baby use it. :mrgreen:

What ARE you going on about, and what does it have to do with this thread - maybe I've just missed it?
New member, 55 posts on the day of joining (today) and all of them the same incoherent identical blather content, spreading into even the sports forums.

Best bet is to ignore it, maybe it'll go away.

Same on the village level here (rural and about the size of Andy's) except that the PP is seen as the most corrupt since anything left can't be on account of Franco having induced the Italian navy to shell the whole coastline over 80 years ago with some of the less well aimed rounds hitting further inland.

But when it comes to electing the local hicktown mayor, better be a PP guy. Cuz PP rules in Seville and of course in Madrid and a party member has a better chance of getting subsidies flowing this way.

Of course a quite pragmatic way of acknowledging the corruption, use it baby use it. :mrgreen:

Yea the irony is that the regions with the most debt (outside of Catalonia) and most corruption cases are all and have been run by PP for decades...

Hell just in my town, the former PP mayor and deputy mayor are under investigation for corruption and they were only in power for 4 years.. after they ousted the former PSOE mayor on corruption charges that were later disproved. The local government here was a PP and C coalition, but C basically said to PP a month ago... we give up, you are too corrupt... and that was after they had forced out the former deputy mayor from leading the PP party here..

The PP party is rotten to the core.. and yet many Spaniards keep voting for them out of fear of the left.. Franco lives on it seems.

is a WISDOM TEST FOR VOTERS WISE OR UNWISE?? who has the logic to understand ?

corruption comes from unwise voters voting..

is a WISDOM TEST FOR VOTERS WISE OR UNWISE?? who has the logic to understand ?
If Wisdom was an agreed upon unit of measure, with a quantifiable standard, Perhaps, but since it is not, NO!

What baffles me is the attitudes of many Spanish, primarily PP voters.

You ask them about the corruption, and they start out blaming the PSOE as standard but after a while they admit that the PP is a problem as well. Reality check, the PP stands for a huge majority of the corruption cases going on...

Then you ask them why they vote for PP, and the answer "to stop that communist Podemous bastard".. !??!?!? Then you get a long explanation that the main Podemous guy´s father was a well know communist under Franco and is universally hated.. err okay?

So we have a situation where everyone is bitching about the corruption in Madrid, and yet they reelect time and time again the very same corrupt bastards out of fear of the alternative... mind boggling.

I have run into that a lot. People I know know of corruption will pronounce there to be no problem in the country and fall back on the everyone does it defense, when asked about the myriad cases.

Are you sure you got that right? I had heard that the test would be a sort of entry exam for expressing one's thinking. Like a driving licence, sort of.

YES it can be TESTED.. yes indeed... NOT the total IQ which is part memory and part logic... it is the logic that is the valuable wisdom it can pick out the one clue to prove something.... this is the ability to know good from bad.. true from false and value from non value and can predict success or failure in any issue where there is data to analyze.... the SAT math test scores are close to a test that can be used to find the highest logical thinkers to allow to vote.. This soon will sweet across the world.. China may be doing this now in private taking people who seems wise and then testing them and letting them do their voting on issues and leaders

YES it can be TESTED.. yes indeed... NOT the total IQ which is part memory and part logic... it is the logic that is the valuable wisdom it can pick out the one clue to prove something.... this is the ability to know good from bad.. true from false and value from non value and can predict success or failure in any issue where there is data to analyze.... the SAT math test scores are close to a test that can be used to find the highest logical thinkers to allow to vote.. This soon will sweet across the world.. China may be doing this now in private taking people who seems wise and then testing them and letting them do their voting on issues and leaders

You are confusing intellect with wisdom. Intellect is not a guarantor of wisdom, let alone of benevolence.

There are, for instance, some people with very high IQs who think they should run everything and all you normal-IQ types should shut up and do as you're told... that's called tyranny btw...

One thing that is kinda shocking.. 30% of ALL votes were abstentions.. that is quite a lot.

are wisdom tests for voters GOOD or BAD?? GOOD or BAD for the nation?

to understand better look at what happened to rhodesia and south africa after changing to full democracy and allowing the IQ of the voters to drop like a rock.... zimbabbee replaced the successful rhodesia THIS IS REAL DATA that proves something very important

Back
Top Bottom