• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spaghetti Sauce - Meat Sauce or Meatballs?

Spaghetti Sauce

• Total voters
Meat sauce or meatballs? Yes please. :)

Simple Vegetarian Meatballs | Minimalist Baker Recipes

EASY-10-ingredient-vegan-meatballs-Tempeh-base-with-vegan-parmesan-and-fresh-herbs-_-Simple-quick-and-delicious-on-pasta-vegan-healthy.jpg

I prefer a thinner marinara sauce, but with meatballs.

Why are vegetarians obsessed with meat copies if they eschew the real thing?

Meat sauce for me.

Why are vegetarians obsessed with meat copies if they eschew the real thing?

Meat sauce for me.

Why must SOME vegans insist on posting in every single thread about food even when it's NOT something vegan related????

Why must SOME vegans insist on posting in every single thread about food even when it's NOT something vegan related????

the question was asked, what kind of meatball and i answered. :)

Meat sauce or meat balls? Or both?
I prefer breaking up ground beef and cooking it while adding green peppers and onions. Throw your favorite tomato sauce together and chow down.

Meat sauce or meat balls? Or both?

Both always. Spaghetti with just sauce and no meatballs is passable but uninteresting. Spaghetti with meatballs and no sauce would be really blah. Both make it a delightful meal assuming the cook can cook.

Most of the time, I just make it with meat sauce using hamburger, though I like it a little "saucey" (that is, with some "loose" sauce rather than all the sauce absorbed by the meat).

Then there's my "spaghetti especiale" as I call it. I make the meat sauce and meat balls with a mix of hamburger and italian sausage, with the sausage ratio much higher with the meatballs, and top the mix with parmesan and shredded cheddar cheese, with italian-loaf style garlic bread on the side. Typically served with cinnamon-applesauce on the side also.

Both always. Spaghetti with just sauce and no meatballs is passable but uninteresting. Spaghetti with meatballs and no sauce would be really blah. Both make it a delightful meal assuming the cook can cook.

meat sauce AND meatballs??

Lizza-Chris-Christie-Last-Stand-1200.jpg

OMG - sometime soon I'ma gonna try this:

bbq-chicken-meatballs-3-800.jpg

Can you imagine???? :shock:

Bacon wrapped meatballs cooked on grill!!!!!!!!!

Bolognese... with meat.

Bolognese sauce /bɒləˈnjeɪz/, known in Italian as ragù alla bolognese, ragù bolognese, or simply ragù, is a meat-based sauce originating from Bologna, Italy, hence the name.

Simple Bolognese Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

Having eaten bolognese (and in Bologna too!) when I saw it being prepared by an old Italian granny she put everything into it- from tripe to ham bits to soup bones to pork, beef, and just about everything and then mixed it up with numerous spices (thats the key- you just dont put in one type of meat in it, you put in a combination of different meats- both pork and beef, even lamb), then slow cooked it until everything was tender. It was heavenly.

It depends on the mood. If I like something on the lighter side, Marinara only. When I make meatballs, I make plenty to freeze up, same with the sauce. I can a bunch, since it takes quite some time to cook up a good sauce.
Most of the time, I like garlic sauteed in olive oil, salt, pepper and a few drops of lemon juice on my pasta. It makes for a quick meal, and no one will sit too close to you in the break room the next day. Promise.

Having eaten bolognese (and in Bologna too!) when I saw it being prepared by an old Italian granny she put everything into it- from tripe to ham bits to soup bones to pork, beef, and just about everything and then mixed it up with numerous spices (thats the key- you just dont put in one type of meat in it, you put in a combination of different meats- both pork and beef, even lamb), then slow cooked it until everything was tender. It was heavenly.

Absolutely. When we make it here at home we usually put beef AND sweet Italian sausage in it. Sometimes pancetta too.. Very good.

Back
Top Bottom