• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SpaceX chopping out 10% of the workforce

Elon Musk employs over 6,000 people at SpaceX alone, and that's one of half a dozen successful companies he runs.

So what about you, internet critic? How many people do you employ? How many people feed their families and sustain themselves based on what you built? In business sometimes hard decisions have to be made for the good of the whole, and that's something you certainly wouldn't understand. You'll never run a successful business if you can't think of an example where downsizing personnel costs could be necessary.

Elon Musk employs over 6,000 people at SpaceX alone, and that's one of half a dozen successful companies he runs.

So what about you, internet critic? How many people do you employ? How many people feed their families and sustain themselves based on what you built? In business sometimes hard decisions have to be made for the good of the whole, and that's something you certainly wouldn't understand. You'll never run a successful business if you can't think of an example where downsizing personnel costs could be necessary.

You are lost, this thread is not about Hawkeye, it is about SpaceX and Elon Musk.

That we are in the Science and Technology Forum is one of many clues that were left for you.

You are lost, this thread is not about Hawkeye, it is about SpaceX and Elon Musk.

That we are in the Science and Technology Forum is one of many clues that were left for you.

Science and Technology forum? But this is just another one of your idiotic whine threads where you criticize people who actually create and do things. What scientific or technological knowledge have you added to the forum with this? You were even too lazy to explain why you think downsizing 10% is "labor abuse".

What labor abuse?

All the ways Musk demonstrates that he does not give a damn about the workers. At some point that Trumps working for this guy who is alleged to be a genius doing very interesting work. Loyalty runs in only one direction in a Musk outfit. Whether it is suppliers or customers or the government or labor Musk is constantly burning good-will..... guys who do that always run out of good-will eventually.

Last edited:
Science and Technology forum? But this is just another one of your idiotic whine threads where you criticize people who actually create and do things. What scientific or technological knowledge have you added to the forum with this? You were even too lazy to explain why you think downsizing 10% is "labor abuse".

It's not about me, till you figure that much out you are nowhere.

All the ways Musk demonstrates that he does not give a damn about the workers. At some point that Trumps working for this guy who is alleged to be a genius doing very interesting work. Loyalty runs in only one direction in a Musk outfit.

What ways has Musk demonstrated this? What has Musk specifically done that is an abuse of labor?

All the ways Musk demonstrates that he does not give a damn about the workers. At some point that Trumps working for this guy who is alleged to be a genius doing very interesting work. Loyalty runs in only one direction in a Musk outfit.

Trump works for Elon? Got any sources on that? You're drunk hawky, time to go to bed.

Then why did you make it political? Do not EVEN TRY to pretend that was not your intent as it is pathetically obvious.
Time to rip on Bazos or someone else who is successful but does not back Trump.....maybe Oprah?

All the ways Musk demonstrates that he does not give a damn about the workers. At some point that Trumps working for this guy who is alleged to be a genius doing very interesting work. Loyalty runs in only one direction in a Musk outfit. Whether it is suppliers or customers or the government or labor Musk is constantly burning good-will..... guys who do that always run out of good-will eventually.

I highly recommend you do not use Trump and Loyalty in the came sentence if you do not wish for instant mental debasement.

Then why did you make it political? Do not EVEN TRY to pretend that was not your intent as it is pathetically obvious.
Time to rip on Bazos or someone else who is successful but does not back Trump.....maybe Oprah?

Being obsessed with your fantasies of the motivations of the speaker is a bad bad idea.

You best cut that out, pursue truth instead.

I highly recommend you do not use Trump and Loyalty in the came sentence if you do not wish for instant mental debasement.

You probably should go back and read that again.

You did not understand it the first time.

According to Ars, one industry source suggested that this might also be a way for SpaceX chief Elon Musk to let some of the company's lower performing employees go. In addition, a Seeking Alpha report from late 2018 suggested that SpaceX might not be as profitable as it looked, despite Falcon 9 being a hit with clients to the point that rivals had to lower their asking prices to be able to compete. Whatever the company's motivations are, the layoffs could provide the extra funds it needs in the next few years, seeing as it will take a while before Starship and Starlink can start making money.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/12/spacex-lay-off-10-percent/

Taking it out of the hide of the workers of course by 2019 being such a well traveled road. Its a real shame the the alleged great guy genius Musk could not/would not figure out a better way though. And this is not his first offense either, he recently did this "We have decided to throw 10% of you off the property" move at Tesla.

And why dont we know what is going on?

Oh Ya, Musk does not do transparency.

WHAT A GUY

The US government needs to downsize also, but politicians are notorious for being unable to understand or recognize that fact. They, too, must be too many of them ignorant about business and finances.

The US government needs to downsize also, but politicians are notorious for being unable to understand or recognize that fact. They, too, must be too many of them ignorant about business and finances.

If a guy keeps ending up with 10% bloat as Musk keeps doing if I understand the argument correctly then he really sucks as a guru.

See, that is the problem with that argument...Musk should be doing this no more than once a decade.... like Starbucks.

The guys and gals and whatevers who got Musk here on their backs deserve better than what they get.

EDIT: I was a Union and Co-Op guy for a bunch of years, I am Union in my bones, to the point that I recently said here at THIS GREAT AND WONDERFUL DP that if I was to give my friends a list of 5 movies that they must see to understand me then Norma Rae would be one of them.

Last edited:

Dude, you're a young earth creationist. The irony of you calling someone ignorant is pretty hilarious.

You're also completely off topic.

I’ve always seen “ good will. “ as a writeoffable liability. I’ve never concidered it a true assett class.

I’ve always seen “ good will. “ as a writeoffable liability. I’ve never concidered it a true assett class.

Sir...Please tell me if I am wrong here...You dont piss away Good Will unless 1) You have no other choice or 2) You are one ignorant Son Of A Bitch....

Now tell me, which one is Musk?

That is the BIG question.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/12/spacex-lay-off-10-percent/

Taking it out of the hide of the workers of course by 2019 being such a well traveled road. Its a real shame the the alleged great guy genius Musk could not/would not figure out a better way though. And this is not his first offense either, he recently did this "We have decided to throw 10% of you off the property" move at Tesla.

And why dont we know what is going on?

Oh Ya, Musk does not do transparency.

WHAT A GUY

Are you ever going identify exactly what Musk did at SpaceX that is a labor abuse?

Are you ever going identify exactly what Musk did at SpaceX that is a labor abuse?

Start with "OH ****! We just figured out that 10% of you need to leave RIGHT NOW!...We dont need or want you **** how much you have given of yourself to the Dream.

Start There.

Sir...Please tell me if I am wrong here...You dont piss away Good Will unless 1) You have no other choice or 2) You are one ignorant Son Of A Bitch....

Now tell me, which one is Musk?

That is the BIG question.
i was taking offense, slightly , at your term , “ good will “. Musk is a manipulator, I agree.
He’s put a bad name on free enterprise. I fervently hope Mr. Bezos has not had anything to do with him or his cronies.

Start with "OH ****! We just figured out that 10% of you need to leave RIGHT NOW!...We dont need or want you **** how much you have given of yourself to the Dream.

Start There.

So laying off employees is labor abuse?

Since when?

i was taking offense, slightly , at your term , “ good will “. Musk is a manipulator, I agree.
He’s put a bad name on free enterprise. I fervently hope Mr. Bezos has not had anything to do with him or his cronies.

And look at all the corrupt lying "OH NO, WE CERTAINLY DONT GIVE A ****" assholes let Muck get away with what Musk gets away with...

barf

And look at all the corrupt lying "OH NOW, WE CERTAINLY DONT GIVE A ****" assholes let Muck get away with what Musk gets away with...

barf
i remember something about him taking credits from Barry, and profiting from driving the enterprise into the dirt. Maybe it was Telsa or some bull**** rechargeable battery scam.

Back
Top Bottom