• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Space. Dark, cold, airless...

What's not to love? :shock:

Perhaps it is the depth and darkness that draws us to explore. Or perhaps... it is the potential for meeting new life that gives us the desire to reach out into that darkness to find what we have not even been able to imagine.

Or perhaps we just cannot help but to grow and expand, and having filled our planet to the brim... this is the time, the time we must seize to go beyond. And yet... at what cost?

Will you join us? Will you join your brothers and sisters to reach new heights? Or perhaps fall... into the depth and blackness of space?

It is up to you!

Yet...

There are those who do not believe.

There are those who would sabotage.

Humanity has done enough damage to it's very cradle... it cannot be allowed to thrive beyond it!

GQZst7h.jpg

It's beautiful

Open game thread, all background set, flavor and story-line. Notify everyone mentioned herein, when 6+ confirm, announce technical parameters (number of town and mafia unless closed, prs unless closed) and launch.

Alrighty. I have done a terrible job getting this rolling. Death in my immediate family... such is life... well, or death.

Anyway. I will open a game thread with confirms within 24 hours. If we get 6 or more we will roll. Stand by!

Alrighty. I have done a terrible job getting this rolling. Death in my immediate family... such is life... well, or death.

Anyway. I will open a game thread with confirms within 24 hours. If we get 6 or more we will roll. Stand by!

Confirms might take a couple days, then the fun begins.

Is it possible to get a round of quick confirms in this thread? That way I can craft the right layout for the game thread.

Is it possible to get a round of quick confirms in this thread? That way I can craft the right layout for the game thread.

I'm still up for a game, but I might be less active than some past games - it depends on how invested I get.

Notifications would quicken that.

i'm still in. my participation is going to be somewhat limited until after Saturday. opening night of the play that i'm in is tomorrow, and that's the priority right now. i'll still pop in whenever i have a moment to check the site, though.

Confirmaroonie

My strategy is lynch all inactive players.

My strategy is lynch all inactive players.

That's legit. Even if they're town, we don't want them making the final decision.

OK good. I think if I do a set of quotes in the game thread we will make at least 6. Let's do this.

If the rules can be better explained, im in.

If the rules can be better explained, im in.

2 teams, good guys and bad guys. Bad guys know whom each other are and thereby who is a good guy (unless a second bad guy team exists). Good guys don't know who anyone is. Each day there is a vote to eliminate someone. Good guys want to eliminate the bad guys. Sometimes players have a superpower of sorts that is generally employed during the "night phase" (following the elimination vote and preceding the next "day phase" during which an elimination vote takes place). The alignment of the player eliminated is revealed at elimination.

Superpowers are stuff like "learn a player's alignment", "eliminate a player", "protect a player" and such. It's possible for a superpower to be employable during the Day Phase but that's rare as it causes chaos; usually superpowers are Night Phase only by rule.

During the Night Phase the bad guys get a separate chat channel and vote to eliminate a player of their choice.

Good guys win by eliminating all bad guys; bad guys win at majority (when they control the elimination vote).

Google "mafia game".

Last edited:
Humans can not grasp the size of space.

Ever hear the saying: "I went to sea to see that sea. What did I see? I saw the sea."

Equally: "I went to space to see space. What did I see? I saw space."

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of space is NOTHING other than massive levels of deadly radiation. Anything that is there is many life times away - and much further than that relative to time here.

Star Trek really is just sci-fi. It's not real and never will be.

Humans can not grasp the size of space.

Ever hear the saying: "I went to sea to see that sea. What did I see? I saw the sea."

Equally: "I went to space to see space. What did I see? I saw space."

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of space is NOTHING other than massive levels of deadly radiation. Anything that is there is many life times away - and much further than that relative to time here.

Star Trek really is just sci-fi. It's not real and never will be.

This is a thread for a game, Mafia Game, set in a fictional setting. No one thinks it's real.

This is a thread for a game, Mafia Game, set in a fictional setting. No one thinks it's real.

If it's on the internet, it has to be real.

Unfortunately this game never became real. A combination of there being limited interest and the events of my own life stopped that.

However it could still be real...

The darkness of space has not change one bit.

We never got this one off the ground... Lol. Any interest?

We never got this one off the ground... Lol. Any interest?
I've found new distractions, but I still have a tiny bit of interest.

Back
Top Bottom