• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sowell Nails it Again

Which is an unfortunately out-of-touch argument from a usually astute thinker - a GOP congress has the most reliable motivation to oppose Clinton (self-interest), and the same motivation would tell them to roll over and let Trump do as he pleases. The idea that a GOP that wasn't even willing to stand up to Trump in a primary is going to stand up to him once he's President is lunacy.
I think it would depend on how much of a farce a Trump presidency ended up being. If he were to be so bad as to make even their lives difficult, I don't think party loyalty would help him.

I think it would depend on how much of a farce a Trump presidency ended up being. If he were to be so bad as to make even their lives difficult, I don't think party loyalty would help him.

..... He's risking their seats, and they're still afraid to reject him. This toxic moron is costing them the Senate, and still they're afraid to "not be loyal to The Party's Nominee".

it's really quite simple. Trump is easier to block/impeach/stop than Hillary Clinton, so if you are a Conservative voting Hillary, you are incorrect and you are going to deserve whatever we get from her.

that's it, that is all there is to it. Enjoy as our rights are sold out from under us to feed the Clinton machine.

it's really quite simple. Trump is easier to block/impeach/stop than Hillary Clinton,

This is probably one of the dumbest arguments for Trump I have seen put forth on this forum. The idea that a major political party will be more eager to check and impeach their own President than the oppositions' is ludicrous.

Enjoy as our rights are sold out from under us to feed the Clinton machine.

And then thank a Trump primary voter. Cause that's the guy who gave us Hillary.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

This is probably one of the dumbest arguments for Trump I have seen put forth on this forum. The idea that a major political party will be more eager to check and impeach their own President than the oppositions' is ludicrous.

And then thank a Trump primary voter. Cause that's the guy who gave us Hillary.

If there is a massive outcry due to him pursuing policies other than what he outlined, or something particularly crazy, its not beyond the real of the imagination at all. If he is pursuing what he said he would, then that's fine.

If there is a massive outcry due to him pursuing policies other than what he outlined, or something particularly crazy, its not beyond the real of the imagination at all. If he is pursuing what he said he would, then that's fine.
LOL

1. Trump has proven, repeatedly, that his supporters will follow him regardless of what he said or does.

2. The GOP has been utterly spineless in standing up to him as a candidate. They are no more likely to stand up to him as a President than Democrats are likely to impeach Hillary. A major Party is not going to impeach their own President, and Republicans are not going to risk the wrath of the Trumpkins by standing up to him.

Seriously. That is the most baseless argument I have seen marshalled in support of Trump to date. Who in the world told you that?

LOL

1. Trump has proven, repeatedly, that his supporters will follow him regardless of what he said or does.

2. The GOP has been utterly spineless in standing up to him as a candidate. They are no more likely to stand up to him as a President than Democrats are likely to impeach Hillary. A major Party is not going to impeach their own President, and Republicans are not going to risk the wrath of the Trumpkins by standing up to him.

Seriously. That is the most baseless argument I have seen marshalled in support of Trump to date. Who in the world told you that?

1. so will Hillary's, even more so in fact, and Trump's blind supporters are obviously not enough to win him this election. MOST of his support is garnered by those who wish to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president. THEY WILL defy Trump if he tries to pass crap they do not like when he is in the white house... Hillary's supporters will not, thus Trump will be easier to block in congress if he tries anything foolish.

2. They have no reason to really stand up to him until here recently and several times Paul Ryan has un-endorsed him. I am not sure what you want them to do right now, while he still does have some support from the people but it sure as hell is NOT to allow Hillary Clinton to get elected, which is OBVIOUSLY what Republican voters DO NOT WANT.

they (the establishment especially) will gladly stand up to him IF their voting base demands it and they will demand it if he does anything stupid once elected. in fact because he is an outsider, they will GLEEFULLY do so.

of course, I am talking about "anything stupid" as defined by the conservative base. if he attempts only the non radical items he has said he would do then so much better.

He is the easier candidate to block once in office if he does anything stupid.

now you can continue to insult my opinion in a Trump like fashion, or you can agree that we will have to disagree, but I have not been "told" anything. I observe and I discuss what I observe, by tying it all together. if you discount WHY trump got the nomination , due to the conservative base being tired of establishment and you think its all because of him or whatever, then I can see why you think as you do, but that is incorrect in my view.

Last edited:
I really don't see much difference in the two leading Democrats. They are both lying, cheating, greedy jackasses.

I really don't see much difference in the two leading Democrats. They are both lying, cheating, greedy jackasses.

the difference is that one of them MIGHT actually try to pass a conservative agenda, or at least not attack the constitution and the second amendment while in office. it's an iffy might but at least its not "definitely will do so."

Back
Top Bottom