• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Southwest Punished by Record Heat

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Southwest Punished by Record Heat Exceeding 120 Degrees | US News

As the U.S. marks the first official day of summer and the longest day of the year, the American Southwest is being punished by a near-unprecedented heatwave.

Temperatures could reach 121 degrees Fahrenheit Monday. Four people died as a result of the heat over the weekend. On Sunday, it was 115 degrees in Tucson, Arizona, and 118 degrees in the valley city of Phoenix, the state's largest city and state capital.

The record temperatures continue to rise. Climate change deniers take note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: June 2016 Heat Wave

I hope you understand you are posting articles on weather then claiming they relate to climate.* It is the same BS move we see when someone finds an article about the coolest days and proclaime it as proof global warming is a hoax.

Hopefully criminals who are unprepared for the heat will not try and make an illegal border crossing.

Nothing to see here. Or in the all-time record flooding in Texas earlier this year. Let's move along now. /snark

Unless you have a solution to offer, there is nothing to see here

Solutions can be found a-plenty on Google.

More taxes and more government control - the universal solution to all problems. ;)

Southwest Punished by Record Heat Exceeding 120 Degrees | US News

The record temperatures continue to rise. Climate change deniers take note.

Oh Noes !!! Its hot in June! In the Summer no less !

Global Warmer sheeple take cover ! And a " Heat Wave " ? OMG.....

Since this is the first ever recorded Heat wave in human history.....

List of Recorded Heat Waves
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heat_waves

I think its time to raise taxes and push substandard and expensive alternative energy onto the general public via Govt mandate

We'll make the " Rich " ( Middle Class ) pay for it, that'll show em

I blame the LGBT folks along with Obama.

Good clean Christian living protects you from God's wrath. That is why there are so few natural disasters in Oklahoma, yet so many in places like Vermont.

What kind of crap is this.. average temps in Tuscon, AZ is 100 degrees. In Phoenix, AZ average highs are 103 degrees this time of year.. Las Vegas, NV is around 100 as well. This isn't new. These are desert areas.

Hot as hell of late here in Phoenix. My dog went outside to drop a deuce and she blew up. Hot.

Hot as hell of late here in Phoenix. My dog went outside to drop a deuce and she blew up. Hot.

So? Phoenix is a city in a desert area. UHI is very large. Temps in Phoenix just don't cool off like most other cities. It's what 107 degrees right now? In Prescott it's 94 degrees. That's 100 miles apart. Hell it's even 90 degrees in Payson.

What kind of crap is this.. average temps in Tuscon, AZ is 100 degrees. In Phoenix, AZ average highs are 103 degrees this time of year.. Las Vegas, NV is around 100 as well. This isn't new. These are desert areas.

Yeah, and 120 is a hell of a lot higher than 103.

Ya think?

So? Phoenix is a city in a desert area. UHI is very large. Temps in Phoenix just don't cool off like most other cities. It's what 107 degrees right now? In Prescott it's 94 degrees. That's 100 miles apart. Hell it's even 90 degrees in Payson.

They were saying on the radio today that it's the earliest time of the year that the overnight low didn't drop below 90°.

I've lived in Arizona since 1967 and this is the worst start to the summer I can remember.

They were saying on the radio today that it's the earliest time of the year that the overnight low didn't drop below 90°.

I've lived in Arizona since 1967 and this is the worst start to the summer I can remember.

I got ya by 3 years, and yeah, its too hot, too soon, and no monsoon on the horizon.

I was just out in the pool, and yeah, post sunset 107 isn't fun.

I got ya by 3 years, and yeah, its too hot, too soon, and no monsoon on the horizon.

I was just out in the pool, and yeah, post sunset 107 isn't fun.

This time next week I'll be just off the coast of Alaska. Can't wait.

This time next week I'll be just off the coast of Alaska. Can't wait.

This time last week, I was in Denver.

I should check the flight loads to ANC.....

Back
Top Bottom