• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Southern White House

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is the Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve shindig still on? And is DJT going to attend? Reports stated that the dues doubled after the Inauguration and that the gala tickets were priced at $575 in 2016, $750 in 2017 and $1000 this year; gougers gonna gouge.........

Is the Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve shindig still on? And is DJT going to attend? Reports stated that the dues doubled after the Inauguration and that the gala tickets were priced at $575 in 2016, $750 in 2017 and $1000 this year; gougers gonna gouge.........

No, Trump is staying in DC for the New Years.

Can't say the same for those two yeta's: Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.

Yep, public says "Trump shutdown".

Happy New Years!

Yep, public says "Trump shutdown".

Happy New Years!

Nope, it is the Pelosi shut down. I would bet you money once Pelosi wins back the Speaker, she will stand down.

People that go to Mar-A-Lago could give 2 ****s about a $1000.00 ticket.

People like you.......not so much.

Nope, it is the Pelosi shut down. I would bet you money once Pelosi wins back the Speaker, she will stand down.

I won't bet money, but I'll bet signatures. What terms you want to agree upon?

or any Republicans either.

I won't bet money, but I'll bet signatures. What terms you want to agree upon?

IF the government reopens on or before June 1st I can change your sig to whatever I want.

IF the government does not reopen on or before June 1st, you can change my sig to whatever you want.

Deal?

IF the government reopens on or before June 1st I can change your sig to whatever I want.

IF the government does not reopen on or before June 1st, you can change my sig to whatever you want.

Deal?

:lamo

I'm not sure I fully follow you.

• The Mar-a-Lago initiation fee is "gougey" inasmuch as it literally doubled overnight.
  • The event ticket prices are pretty typical for swanky parties at tony venues.
Are you grousing about the prices themselves? Something else?

• The Mar-a-Lago initiation fee is "gougey" inasmuch as it literally doubled overnight.

As erudite that you post, do you not comprehend queries identified by question marks?

As erudite that you post, do you not comprehend queries identified by question marks?

Yes, the event is still on, and DJT is not attending it.

I comprehended the question. I figured you'd "Google" or simply turn on your TV or radio and learn the answer to those two questions.

Last edited:

Bucky, why would they stay in DC? They told Trump they would not support his Wall. The government shut down really is Trump’s doing. He even said it when he met with Pelosi and Schumer. He said if the government shut down it would be on him. And it is.

If Trump hadn’t fired everyone he wouldn’t be all alone in the WH.

Oh, and most Americans don’t want the freakin Trump Wall anyway.

Where was the question as far as the cost of the gala?

Sniffing diesel fumes has been proven to be unhealthy;

Link before you whine........https://www.trucknews.com/features/breathing-dangerous-diesel-fumes/

What do you think you know about “people like me?” Retired E-6 after how many years?

It is easy to tell when you strike a chord with some people.

When you grow up enough to stop comparing wee wee's, people might actually give a **** about what you have to say.

But anyway's ........... back to your video games.

It is easy to tell when you strike a chord with some people.

When you grow up enough to stop comparing wee wee's, people might actually give a **** about what you have to say.

But anyway's ........... back to your video games.

What’s the retirement of a career Navy man leaving the service with an E-6 rating? I spent less than three years in and I left as an E-4 with over two years TIG. Go Army/Navy blows!

People that go to Mar-A-Lago could give 2 ****s about a $1000.00 ticket.

People like you.......not so much.

Some people like me find it offensive that the president gets paid to hob nob with wealthy people. He is the one who profits from Mar-a-Lago events. It really should be a concern to all.

Bucky, why would they stay in DC? They told Trump they would not support his Wall. The government shut down really is Trump’s doing. He even said it when he met with Pelosi and Schumer. He said if the government shut down it would be on him. And it is.

If Trump hadn’t fired everyone he wouldn’t be all alone in the WH.

Oh, and most Americans don’t want the freakin Trump Wall anyway.

A lot of Democrats are not working. We are under a shutdown and Pelosi is in Hawaii????

This is not the time for vacation especially when Democrats are having trouble paying the bills.

Those expensive Mar a Lago tickets guarantee a "meet" with the Preznit. Trump can't afford to give refunds.

If everyone “googled” everything, there would be no reason for DP to exist.

There are plenty of "questions" one might pose as a discussion rubric and to which Google doesn't have the answer. Many such questions are normative and all of the bid discussants to express their thoughts about a matter. The thing is that for one to thus express oneself, one must have, prior to engaging with the question, availed oneself of the standard quantity[SUP]1[/SUP] of topically relevant objective information that Google or other information-providing resources can offer. Some examples of such questions:

• What scientific ideas, in your opinion, merit being relegated to history's dustbin? Why?
  • How has the Internet changed the way you view the world?
  • How do you reconcile the incoherence of Mary having been immaculately conceived while also being conceived in the usual way, yet as a normally conceived human, Mary must necessarily have be a descendent of Adam and Eve, and all their descendents are necessarily born with original sin?
  • To what model of social welfare do you ascribe? Why?
  • For all his ills, Woodrow Wilson sought to end war. Clearly he didn't achieve that end. How and why did he fail? What would you have done differently to achieve the end he sought? Why?
  • In normatively evaluating Trump's comportment as POTUS, which of the following philosophies -- Stoicism, Hedonism, Existentialism, Rationalism or Buddhism -- forms the best, IYO, foundation for gauging the ethical probity (or lack thereof) of his actions and remarks? Why?
  • Should the Fed abjure signaling? Why or why not?
  • Should indicted individuals/entities and prosecutors be prohibited from "trying" their case in the "court of public opinion?" Why or why not?

Of course, it's not escaped my notice that many thread creators seem to use DP as a news/information reporting outlet whereat the member serves as a reporter or reporter + twitterer more so than (1) as an editorialist who takes a stance and presents either a coherent argument in support of it or (2) as a discussion moderator who's presented a "fleshy" rubric that the "room" in turn addresses.

As for my earlier response, well, I didn't think you started this thread merely to ask whether the Mar-a-Lago New Year's celebration was still "on" and whether Trump'd attend. My being of that mind is why my initial remarks focused on the gouging part of your OP. Apparently I was mistaken and your OP is indeed nothing but a solicitation for information.

Yes, the event is still on, and DJT is not attending it.

I comprehended the question. I figured you'd "Google" or simply turn on your TV or radio and learn the answer to those two questions.

Note:
  1. What's the "standard quantity?" For most matters, it the body of information covered in high school texts and supplemental readings. Obviously, many current events aren't directly addressed in school, and for such matters, the "standard quantity" of objective information is merely what one can get by Googling for it.

There are plenty of "questions" one might pose as a discussion rubric and to which Google doesn't have the answer. Many such questions are normative and all of the bid discussants to express their thoughts about a matter. The thing is that for one to thus express oneself, one must have, prior to engaging with the question, availed oneself of the standard quantity[SUP]1[/SUP] of topically relevant objective information that Google or other information-providing resources can offer. Some examples of such questions:

• What scientific ideas, in your opinion, merit being relegated to history's dustbin? Why?
  • How has the Internet changed the way you view the world?
  • How do you reconcile the incoherence of Mary having been immaculately conceived while also being conceived in the usual way, yet as a normally conceived human, Mary must necessarily have be a descendent of Adam and Eve, and all their descendents are necessarily born with original sin?
  • To what model of social welfare do you ascribe? Why?
  • For all his ills, Woodrow Wilson sought to end war. Clearly he didn't achieve that end. How and why did he fail? What would you have done differently to achieve the end he sought? Why?
  • In normatively evaluating Trump's comportment as POTUS, which of the following philosophies -- Stoicism, Hedonism, Existentialism, Rationalism or Buddhism -- forms the best, IYO, foundation for gauging the ethical probity (or lack thereof) of his actions and remarks? Why?
  • Should the Fed abjure signaling? Why or why not?
  • Should indicted individuals/entities and prosecutors be prohibited from "trying" their case in the "court of public opinion?" Why or why not?

Of course, it's not escaped my notice that many thread creators seem to use DP as a news/information reporting outlet whereat the member serves as a reporter or reporter + twitterer more so than (1) as an editorialist who takes a stance and presents either a coherent argument in support of it or (2) as a discussion moderator who's presented a "fleshy" rubric that the "room" in turn addresses.

As for my earlier response, well, I didn't think you started this thread merely to ask whether the Mar-a-Lago New Year's celebration was still "on" and whether Trump'd attend. My being of that mind is why my initial remarks focused on the gouging part of your OP. Apparently I was mistaken and your OP is indeed nothing but a solicitation for information.

Note:
  1. What's the "standard quantity?" For most matters, it the body of information covered in high school texts and supplemental readings. Obviously, many current events aren't directly addressed in school, and for such matters, the "standard quantity" of objective information is merely what one can get by Googling for it.

..tl;dr.....Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom