There are plenty of "questions" one might pose as a discussion rubric and to which Google doesn't have the answer. Many such questions are normative and all of the bid discussants to express their thoughts about a matter. The thing is that for one to thus express oneself, one must have, prior to engaging with the question, availed oneself of the standard quantity[SUP]1[/SUP] of topically relevant objective information that Google or other information-providing resources can offer. Some examples of such questions:
- What scientific ideas, in your opinion, merit being relegated to history's dustbin? Why?
- How has the Internet changed the way you view the world?
- How do you reconcile the incoherence of Mary having been immaculately conceived while also being conceived in the usual way, yet as a normally conceived human, Mary must necessarily have be a descendent of Adam and Eve, and all their descendents are necessarily born with original sin?
- To what model of social welfare do you ascribe? Why?
- For all his ills, Woodrow Wilson sought to end war. Clearly he didn't achieve that end. How and why did he fail? What would you have done differently to achieve the end he sought? Why?
- In normatively evaluating Trump's comportment as POTUS, which of the following philosophies -- Stoicism, Hedonism, Existentialism, Rationalism or Buddhism -- forms the best, IYO, foundation for gauging the ethical probity (or lack thereof) of his actions and remarks? Why?
- Should the Fed abjure signaling? Why or why not?
- Should indicted individuals/entities and prosecutors be prohibited from "trying" their case in the "court of public opinion?" Why or why not?
Of course, it's not escaped my notice that many thread creators seem to use DP as a news/information reporting outlet whereat the member serves as a reporter
or reporter + twitterer more so than (1) as an editorialist
who takes a stance and presents either a coherent argument in support of it or (2) as a discussion moderator who's presented a "fleshy" rubric that the "room" in turn addresses.
As for my earlier response, well, I didn't think you started this thread merely to ask whether the Mar-a-Lago New Year's celebration was still "on" and whether Trump'd attend. My being of that mind is why my initial remarks focused on the gouging part of your OP. Apparently I was mistaken and your OP is indeed nothing but a solicitation for information.
- What's the "standard quantity?" For most matters, it the body of information covered in high school texts and supplemental readings. Obviously, many current events aren't directly addressed in school, and for such matters, the "standard quantity" of objective information is merely what one can get by Googling for it.