• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Southern Rock Music......

And now, saving the best country rock band for last..... (IMO) :mrgreen:

From Spartanburg, South Carolina, The Marshal Tucker Band!

This Ole Cowboy and Searchin' for a Rainbow

I've a suspicion that you're a purist who prefers Son House's version (or maybe Govt. Mule's, Phil Keaggy's, or Lee Roy Parnell's?), but here's my fave:

If I had to pick a favorite it would be Taj Mahal but it's an awesome tune and the version they use for SoA is fantastic.

Something a little newer. One of my favorite bands.

And in my opinion the only decent artist who ever came from American Idol.

Gin Blossoms.....Found Out about You.

Toad the Wet Sprocket.....All I Want.

Stealers Wheel.....Stuck in the Middle with You.

Say What.....all these Southerners. I thought the South Could Surely Rise.....To the Occasion. :2razz:

What ya all go To the Temple of the Dog and begin that Hunger Strike? :lol:

Looks like this Yankee can come up Camptown Songs. Do da, Do da
dancing.gif
.....leaving the Southerners behind, 5 miles long. Do da Do da.
pointlaugh.gif
Yankee can play some Camptown Songs, Do da, Do da.....Aaaaaaaaalll the Gosh Darn Day. :2razz:

Yeah that Yankee.....Desperado!
yo2.gif

Van Zant.....Things I Miss the Most.

Love this song. If this doesn't make you want to go back to New Orleans there's something wrong with you.

I thought this was Southern rock -- some of these bands couldn't be less Southern. :lol:

The Allman brothers along with stuff like the 31st of February is pretty much the classic southern rock sound

along with these guys.

and of course you have that tremendous talent from Athens Georgia starting in the late 70s with REM, B-52s and these guys

some more great southern rock

Molly Hatchet.....Fall of the Peacemakers.

GEORGIA SATELLITES - Keep Your Hands To Yourself

I think I've seen every Southern Rock band in concert.

I think I've seen every Southern Rock band in concert.
very cool. like that boogy music.

One of my favs "Not gonna let it bother me tonight" from the 1979 release " Are You Ready"

one more - excellent sound quality for 1979

Last edited:

once more -these are the best know hits - this is uploaded from vinyl - play it on a matrix quad amp -
should have some good spatial soundstage quality.

Back
Top Bottom