• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

South Park goes too far

George_Washington said:
My comparison was not with the Third Reich itself, as you should have realized by the actual words I typed, but with the anti-semetic films that had been produced by that period. So you're assertion that I'm, "comparing anything with Hitler" is false. I am comparing two forms of media material, so my comparison is valid.

You know, you MIGHT have a point if the creators of South Park just made fun of Jews, or just made fun of Christian or just made fun of Islam. However, they make fun of EVERYONE! Everyone is satired on South Park. Much like Mel Brooke's film "Blazing Saddles". Kyle is the Jew satire, Cartman is the fanatic Christian satire, and Stan is the moderate satire.

South Park makes fun of EVERYONE!

NCPilot said:
You know, you MIGHT have a point if the creators of South Park just made fun of Jews, or just made fun of Christian or just made fun of Islam. However, they make fun of EVERYONE! Everyone is satired on South Park. Much like Mel Brooke's film "Blazing Saddles". Kyle is the Jew satire, Cartman is the fanatic Christian satire, and Stan is the moderate satire.

South Park makes fun of EVERYONE!

That's true. There are episodes I think are funny, I said I thought the premise was pretty funny. But I just think they've just got the point where, the humor elements of the show are being lost and it's just becoming more or less of an, "attack" vehicle for them to vent their political frustrations.

George_Washington said:
That's true. There are episodes I think are funny, I said I thought the premise was pretty funny. But I just think they've just got the point where, the humor elements of the show are being lost and it's just becoming more or less of an, "attack" vehicle for them to vent their political frustrations.

in other words, its a satirical comedic commentary? :shock:

George_Washington said:

Yea, I can see that. I wish they would go back to their roots.

Any chance passed up, to point out the absurdity and insanity of religion and politics, is a missed oppertunity.

Keep the faith Cartman!

Even I watch this show, it's perfectly safe everyone, we will be o.k, now Tom Cruise, that scares the hell out of me!:shock:

Deegan said:
Even I watch this show, it's perfectly safe everyone, we will be o.k, now Tom Cruise, that scares the hell out of me!:shock:

R Kelly is the one that scares me. :shock:

jallman said:
R Kelly is the one that scares me. :shock:

Not really, he is stupid enough to tape his crimes, we don't know what Tom is doing to that innocent young girl!:shock:

Deegan said:
Not really, he is stupid enough to tape his crimes, we don't know what Tom is doing to that innocent young girl!:shock:

well we know he is definitely NOT giving her anti-depressants. LOL

I have always thought Tom Cruise was gay and I still do. He's a good actor but I never thought much of him as a person.

americanwoman said:
I have always thought Tom Cruise was gay and I still do. He's a good actor but I never thought much of him as a person.

Its because he is so impeccably groomed and has that 1000 watt smile. His walk is a little fruity too. :mrgreen:

He lost a heck of a lot of female fans, when he made that comment about PMS, and depression, my wife now hates him, and she once adored the man!

Deegan said:
He lost a heck of a lot of female fans, when he made that comment about PMS, and depression, my wife now hates him, and she once adored the man!

lol Do you realize what an ignorant statement that was? A lot of it just has to do with how the media spins it and I highly doubt if every woman in America hates him, otherwise he wouldn't continue to be a box office draw. He's well respected in Hollywood for the most part, otherwise a top director like Steven Spielberg wouldn't keep working with him. Spielberg could get pretty much any actor he wants, he doesn't have to keep working with Cruise. He knows Cruise is popular and people like his movies, which would certainly contradict your theory that he is hated everywhere.

As far as depression goes, I've known plenty of people that have expressed their dislike towards psychiatric drugs, people from all different walks of life. I suppose they're crazy too, huh? And being cautious of psychiatric drugs isn't just a, "Scientology" thing. Of all the people that I've known who have been against psychiatric drugs, none of them have been Scientologists.

I find it especially hypcritical that liberals seem to be the ones that bash Cruise the most for having cheated on Nicole Kidman, yet they're the same ones that defended Bill Clinton when he had done the same thing. Can you say hypocrite?

George_Washington said:
lol Do you realize what an ignorant statement that was? A lot of it just has to do with how the media spins it and I highly doubt if every woman in America hates him, otherwise he wouldn't continue to be a box office draw. He's well respected in Hollywood for the most part, otherwise a top director like Steven Spielberg wouldn't keep working with him. Spielberg could get pretty much any actor he wants, he doesn't have to keep working with Cruise. He knows Cruise is popular and people like his movies, which would certainly contradict your theory that he is hated everywhere.

He never said that EVERYONE hated him, he just said that he lost some female fans with the PMS remark, and that is actually possible.

As far as depression goes, I've known plenty of people that have expressed their dislike towards psychiatric drugs, people from all different walks of life. I suppose they're crazy too, huh? And being cautious of psychiatric drugs isn't just a, "Scientology" thing. Of all the people that I've known who have been against psychiatric drugs, none of them have been Scientologists.

I hate anti-depressant, I used to take them and they messed me up pretty good, I stopped taking them a long time ago, and I'm glad I did. I'm Roman Catholic too.

I find it especially hypcritical that liberals seem to be the ones that bash Cruise the most for having cheated on Nicole Kidman, yet they're the same ones that defended Bill Clinton when he had done the same thing. Can you say hypocrite?

Yes I can actually.

NCPilot said:
He never said that EVERYONE hated him, he just said that he lost some female fans with the PMS remark, and that is actually possible.

Well, the idea that he's lost a lot of female fans is silly. If this were the case, I doubt Spielberg would have put him in War of the Worlds, considering he wants females to go and watch them.

Yes I can actually.

Well, I'm glad you see how hypocritical some people can be.

George_Washington said:

Oh yes, this is suuuuch a conservative/liberal topic of conversation. Get real. :roll:

jallman said:
Oh yes, this is suuuuch a conservative/liberal topic of conversation. Get real. :roll:

Well heck. Your biased is apparent towards Mr. Cruise and you are rather liberal. Usually you stand up for people who are made fun of for being gay but in this case, you went along with the homophobic insults towards Cruise and even said he had a, "fruity walk." And he's not even gay! Seems like you've changed your usual standards for this topic, Jallman, which would appear to support my theory that liberals favor certain people and ideals but only when it suits their purpose. ;)

George_Washington said:
Well heck. Your biased is apparent towards Mr. Cruise and you are rather liberal. Usually you stand up for people who are made fun of for being gay but in this case, you went along with the homophobic insults towards Cruise and even said he had a, "fruity walk." And he's not even gay! Seems like you've changed your usual standards for this topic, Jallman, which would appear to support my theory that liberals favor certain people and ideals but only when it suits their purpose. ;)

There is this little thing called tongue in cheek humor. It would make you a happier person if you learned it. And just why would the suggestion that Tom Cruise is gay be particularly homophobic? I guess it might be if you consider homos to be a bad group of people, but I certainly dont. And you can label me a liberal all you care too, thats not a bad thing either...but it is well established that I am pretty moderate. So, George Washington, your theory is flawed from the onset and proves only that conservatives support or condemn something when it is convenient to their contrary and argumentative nature. Of course, I do reserve the right to percieve only you and not all conservatives that way. :mrgreen:

jallman said:
There is this little thing called tongue in cheek humor. It would make you a happier person if you learned it. And just why would the suggestion that Tom Cruise is gay be particularly homophobic? I guess it might be if you consider homos to be a bad group of people, but I certainly dont. And you can label me a liberal all you care too, thats not a bad thing either...but it is well established that I am pretty moderate. So, George Washington, your theory is flawed from the onset and proves only that conservatives support or condemn something when it is convenient to their contrary and argumentative nature. Of course, I do reserve the right to percieve only you and not all conservatives that way. :mrgreen:

lol Jallman, I simply pointed out the fact that the reason why some people dislike Mr. Cruise is because he had cheated on Nicole Kidman and it's just hypocritical how some people do it, when they had defended Clinton way back when. My basic perception on this matter is that it's coming more from people on the left because they seem to be the ones that are the most eager to put people on psychiatric drugs and so they're angry because he's spoken out against them. And yes Jallman, it is homophobic and insultive to label someone as being gay when there is no proof that they are that way to begin with, just because you don't how they behave in their personal life or because of their personal religious views. Furthermore I find it interesting, Jallman, that you've criticized our Pope Ratzinger for his views on homosexuality, yet you find nothing wrong with making homophobic jokes about Cruise being that way. So how's come you don't just dismiss what Ratzinger said as cheek humor instead of referring to him as a Nazi of all things on here? :mrgreen:

George_Washington said:
lol Jallman, I simply pointed out the fact that the reason why some people dislike Mr. Cruise is because he had cheated on Nicole Kidman and it's just hypocritical how some people do it, when they had defended Clinton way back when. My basic perception on this matter is that it's coming more from people on the left because they seem to be the ones that are the most eager to put people on psychiatric drugs and so they're angry because he's spoken out against them. And yes Jallman, it is homophobic and insultive to label someone as being gay when there is no proof that they are that way to begin with, just because you don't how they behave in their personal life or because of their personal religious views. Furthermore I find it interesting, Jallman, that you've criticized our Pope Ratzinger for his views on homosexuality, yet you find nothing wrong with making homophobic jokes about Cruise being that way. So how's come you don't just dismiss what Ratzinger said as cheek humor instead of referring to him as a Nazi of all things on here? :mrgreen:

I dunno, it might have something to do with the difference between making a joke and exerting influence to fan the flames of intolerance. My comment about ratzinger had to do with prior political affiliations more than it had to do with his specific views, but yes...his views are intolerant, in opposition to progress, and in some ways deplorable. I make no apology for my opposition to such a person. I dont deny him his right to believe what he believes, but I dont have to sit idly by and acquiesce to it because Mr Washingtons sensibilities might be a bit tender where the topic is concerned. I dunno, maybe I am just a little too American where freedom of expression is concerned. :doh

jallman said:
I dunno, it might have something to do with the difference between making a joke and exerting influence to fan the flames of intolerance. My comment about ratzinger had to do with prior political affiliations more than it had to do with his specific views, but yes...his views are intolerant, in opposition to progress, and in some ways deplorable. I make no apology for my opposition to such a person. I dont deny him his right to believe what he believes, but I dont have to sit idly by and acquiesce to it because Mr Washingtons sensibilities might be a bit tender where the topic is concerned. I dunno, maybe I am just a little too American where freedom of expression is concerned. :doh

My sensibilities are a bit tender? You're the one that seems to take what Ratzinger says more tenderly than I do. Anyway, I was just trying to point out your blatant bias towards Mr. Cruise. You can say you're joking around, sure. But then again, it's still kind of immature and chilidish to call someone gay when they obviously aren't, just because you don't like their personal religious views. "Flaming the fans" of intolerance can go in a multitude of different directions. And why is Ratzinger flaming the fans of intolerance but the boys of South Park aren't? Another way I can see your hypocrisy.

George_Washington said:

I never liked the little midget myself, but he is a far cry from the Hollywood elite, he's more a brat brought up from childhood, who has now shown his a$$! He was given a wonderful life, and that life was a mystery, that is until now! He has angered many a woman, with his damnation of medicine, and his insistence on a religion few can afford, screw Tom Cruise, he's a f**king twat, and no one wants to hear him, or his silly religion, he's boxed himself in, no one did that, he did that!

Deegan said:
I never liked the little midget myself, but he is a far cry from the Hollywood elite, he's more a brat brought up from childhood, who has now shown his a$$!

He's personal friends with Steven Spielberg. I would certainly rank him more in the, "Hollywood Ellite" than you or anybody else on this forum. He's been consistently in top grossing films for over twenty years. Considering only 10% of the Screen Actor's Guild are even employed in their field, much less have A-List status, I would say that's pretty good. As far as his, "silly religion goes," it's about having tolerance for other people's beliefs. Spielberg and Cruise have fairly recently stated that they think schools should teach a course on tolerance and I think that's a good idea.

George_Washington said:
He's personal friends with Steven Spielberg. I would certainly rank him more in the, "Hollywood Ellite" than you or anybody else on this forum. He's been consistently in top grossing films for over twenty years. Considering only 10% of the Screen Actor's Guild are even employed, much less have A-List status, I would say that's pretty good.

His last three movies flopped, including "War Of The Worlds" He's done!;)

Back
Top Bottom