• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Dakota governor signs law to allow concealed handguns without a permit

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...gns-law-allowing-concealed-handguns-without-a

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) on Thursday signed a law allowing residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit.

Noem, who just entered office earlier this month, signed the bill repealing the permit requirement that was passed by the state legislature, The Argus Leader reported.
=======================================
SD returning to its Wild West roots? No permit requirement for carrying a concealed handgun is intended to be controversial.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...gns-law-allowing-concealed-handguns-without-a

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) on Thursday signed a law allowing residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit.

Noem, who just entered office earlier this month, signed the bill repealing the permit requirement that was passed by the state legislature, The Argus Leader reported.
SD returning to its Wild West roots? No permit requirement for carrying a concealed handgun is intended to be controversial.

14 states have Constitutional carry.

Then the Wild West has returned on a state by state basis. Now we add SD.

The Wild West went all the way to Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and West Virginia.

The Wild West went all the way to Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and West Virginia.

What are you saying? Are these states concealed carry w/o permits?

That is a good thing. The "wild west" was not all that wild and was nothing like what Hollywood portrays. Shootouts were quite rare in the old west.

South Dakota has always been extremely gun friendly.

The 'wild west' never left SD. As the final resting place of virtually every 'wild west' gunslinger such as Billy the Kid, home of Deadwood, the international Sturgis Bike Rally, and the Lacota and Suix tribes, South Dakotans take pride in their 'wild west' heritage.

Great move...."shall not be infringed" is very specific.

what was the rate of gun violence in the "wild west" compared to areas run by leftwing gun banners such as LA, St Louis, DC and Chicago?

Let's wait for the doom and gloom predictions of widespread gun deaths to materialize from this excellent piece of legislation. I predict the state gun murder rate will plummet because of this. Compare SD crime statistics to big city democrat gun-free zones.

Let's wait for the doom and gloom predictions of widespread gun deaths to materialize from this excellent piece of legislation. I predict the state gun murder rate will plummet because of this. Compare SD crime statistics to big city democrat gun-free zones.

Soft/easy target zones.....you may as well post signs telling criminals that no one in the zone can defend themselves.....oh, wait...

Yeah, Maine began respecting the Constitution in 2015. It still pisses me off, though, that I had to pay for a Maine CCW permit during the many years I was still a resident there. Kids nowadays have it easy....

Now, if only Constitutional carry were national......

Or Democrat-run Memphis. Memphis has turned bad. It's almost to the point where there's at least 1 shooting a day.

Years ago when I first graduated I went to a job fair at my university. There was one lone sad looking recruiter from Memphis as it turned out. I struck up a conversation with him. "How's it going" says I. "We had a shooting last week" says he. "Was the teacher killed?" says I. "No, just wounded" says he. "I can't stand a bad shot" says I.

His eyes brightened up. He managed to tell me all about the wages, and how my child wouldn't have to go to the same school I would be teaching at.

Wow, I mean, wow. Suffice it to say I took a small school in deepest darkest Northern Arkansas.

Back
Top Bottom