• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Carolina tornadoes

ClaraD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
So, we were in the direct line of the tornado cells today that broke out between South Carolina and Georgia. I had to get an entire truck stop of people sheltered in place, including a storm chaser that ran inside to take cover as it swirled by us. I'll post some pictures after I wander out tomorrow to see the damage. It was around 6:45 pm, but everyone was okay

OMG. Glad you're okay.

Yes, we are fine and my poor mom about had a fit, because she saw it on radar and couldn't get me on the phone. I did text her to let her know where I was and we were sheltered. A family from Maine was shook pretty badly. A couple from Oklahoma got them inside after seeing the rotation and deciding it was time to take cover. It seems so far mostly downed trees and the solar farm on 210 was demolished.
Here is a video of the same tornado that formed over us but came down a bit to the southwest of us

Yes, we are fine and my poor mom about had a fit, because she saw it on radar and couldn't get me on the phone. I did text her to let her know where I was and we were sheltered. A family from Maine was shook pretty badly. A couple from Oklahoma got them inside after seeing the rotation and deciding it was time to take cover. It seems so far mostly downed trees and the solar farm on 210 was demolished.
Here is a video of the same tornado that formed over us but came down a bit to the southwest of us

I’ve been in all kinds of natural disasters, but tornadoes were always the most frightening. Stay safe!

The aftermath. I believe thus video is going down Hwy 21 between Branchville and Rowesville ...

More pics

Attachments

• ef4dccea-afe0-49f9-9210-0cb96b860f1e-largeScale_AllendaletornadodamageSCHP1.jpeg
    ef4dccea-afe0-49f9-9210-0cb96b860f1e-largeScale_AllendaletornadodamageSCHP1.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 1
So, we were in the direct line of the tornado cells today that broke out between South Carolina and Georgia. I had to get an entire truck stop of people sheltered in place, including a storm chaser that ran inside to take cover as it swirled by us. I'll post some pictures after I wander out tomorrow to see the damage. It was around 6:45 pm, but everyone was okay
Last weak I was in the area with tornado's, two hit near me, one within 6 miles in salado texas, and overhead was a sideways tornado(where the tornado does not touch the ground but moves through the sky instead causing wicked weather.

Bad weather happens, luckily for my area a little over 20 houses were destroyed unknown number of non house buildings and a little over 20 injured with one serious and zero deaths. I do not know the scale of the tornados but I did see a twitter video with a guy probably a thousand feet away showing look how close it is and all I thought was get in a cellar or a ditch you retard quit taking the video.

Either way got a massive hail storm with dime sized hail that left about 2 foot of hail stones in my yard after about 20 minutes, missed all the tornadoes as they always hit the salado side of the lake anyways but it got close enough.

I feel for you, I have seen some rediculous weather, infact on fort hood and in killeen I have had a tornado close to me without realizing how close it was, and in cali I had a tornado form right next to my house I did not know about, but thankfully even though being right by the house it moved away and not towards.

Back
Top Bottom