• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Carolina Senate Passes 6-Week Abortion Ban

I don't even live in SC to then have had a hand in this law being created :D It's always funny when other people try to tell you what you think :D

I call 'em as I see 'em. :)

I call 'em as I see 'em. :)
Then you need glasses because you've never seen me promote pro-life policies or advocate for reduced access to abortion. What you see me do in this thread is welcome women to the elevated level of personal responsibility that men experience every day. SC could change or strike down this law and the only thing it would mean to me is to welcome women back to their decades-old state of spoiled privilege. When it comes to the legalities of abortion you'll only see me advocate for nationalized single-payer healthcare which would necessarily include elective abortion.
For every child that YOU created?
If you want to go there, women don't create children either, it's an involuntary bodily function that just happens without their input. Like taking a shit.

Then you need glasses because you've never seen me promote pro-life policies or advocate for reduced access to abortion. What you see me do in this thread is welcome women to the elevated level of personal responsibility that men experience every day.

What a stupid and misogynist thing to say. Women don't need your permission to have sex. They're allowed to do it with any adult whom consents to it, and they have the right to terminate any accidental pregnancy that results from it.

SC could change or strike down this law and the only thing it would mean to me is to welcome women back to their decades-old state of spoiled privilege. When it comes to the legalities of abortion you'll only see me advocate for nationalized single-payer healthcare which would necessarily include elective abortion.

If you want to go there, women don't create children either, it's an involuntary bodily function that just happens without their input. Like taking a shit.

Women don't need your permission to have sex.
I agree. Nobody needs my permission to do anything.

This isn't about permission, however, this is about making smart choices. I fully support everyone's right to do stupid things and my right to say those things are stupid. If you make a decision I think is unwise, I get to say that I think it's unwise, and you get to do it regardless of what I think about it. Everyone gets what they want. Win/win.

This isn't about permission, however, this is about making smart choices. I fully support everyone's right to do stupid things and my right to say those things are stupid. If you make a decision I think is unwise, I get to say that I think it's unwise, and you get to do it regardless of what I think about it. Everyone gets what they want. Win/win.

Wait, this should be voluntary? You want women to choose not to abort? But you're not going to support laws that force that on them?

Wait, this should be voluntary? You want women to choose not to abort? But you're not going to support laws that force that on them?

I'm still waiting for the 'libertarian' view to support his posts.

The issue of abortion is not resolved by banning or protecting abortion, but adressing the underlying problems motivating people to seek an abortion in the first place.

If you live in a state with restrictive abortion laws and you still want to sleep around, I'm not going to tell you not to. What I will tell you is to have a plan in place to get to a more abortion -friendly state, or be ready to rais a child.

The issue of abortion is not resolved by banning or protecting abortion, but adressing the underlying problems motivating people to seek an abortion in the first place.

If you live in a state with restrictive abortion laws and you still want to sleep around, I'm not going to tell you not to. What I will tell you is to have a plan in place to get to a more abortion -friendly state, or be ready to rais a child.

That's a long-winded way of saying Yes, you want the CHOICE of abortion to be voluntary. On this alone, I agree.

It just doesn't solve anything. It doesn't matter if abortion is legal or banned.

False. Again. Abortions are going to happen. Whether they are legal determines whether they are safe abortions, something you obviously don't care about. 🤷‍♂️

Not if we solve the underlying problem.

Misogyny IS the underlying problem. Again, women don't require your permission to get safe and legal abortions.

Misogyny IS the underlying problem.
Guttmacher disagrees. According to Guttmacher, the top two problems are an undesired change of life (74%) such as having to drop out of college or leave their job, and being under-employed (73%), unable to afford a child. Other reasons cited were a desire to avoid being a single parent (48%) and health problems (17%).

Misogyny didn't even make the list.

Laws that ban abortion are not helpful because they don't address the cost of school, underemployment, poor social economic opportunity, or poor healthcare. The Right just bans abortion and goes home feeling like they accomplished something.

Laws that protect abortion are not helpful because they don't address the cost of school, underemployment, poor social economic opportunity, or poor healthcare. The Left just makes abortion legal and goes home feeling like they accomplished something.

Neither side is accomplishing anything. Both pro-choice and pro-life are wrong. America needs Univeral Basic Income and nationalized single-payer healthcare, this will lower the instances of unwanted pregnancy and then it won't matter what the abortion laws are one way of the other.

Last edited:
Guttmacher disagrees. According to Guttmacher, the top two problems are an undesired change of life such as having to drop out of college or leave their job, and being under-employed, unable to afford a child. Other reasons cited were a desire to avoid being a single parent and health problems.

Misogyny didn't even make the list.

Laws that ban abortion are not helpful because they don't address the cost of school, underemployment, poor social economic opportunity, or poor healthcare. The Right just bans abortion and goes home feeling like they accomplished something.

Laws that protect abortion are not helpful because they don't address the cost of school, underemployment, poor social economic opportunity, or poor healthcare. The Left just makes abortion legal and goes home feeling like they accomplished something.

Neither side is accomplishing anything. Both pro-choice and pro-life are wrong. America needs Univeral Basic Income and nationalized single-payer healthcare, this will lower the instances of unwanted pregnancy and then it won't matter what the abortion laws are one way of the other.

As usual you didn't listen to a word that I said.

It doesn't matter for your purposes why cis women abort. It matters that they have the right to safe and legal abortions.

And your bothsiderism is dismissed and rejected as the garbage that it is. :)

Access to abortion does not matter. Not at all. Ban it or legalize it, it does not matter either way.

Another worthless, ignorant, lying post by you.

No incest or rape victim got to do what she wanted. It is a lose/lose. She must be pregnant for nine months, then spend the next 18 years raising a child she can't take care of, by herself while the father is in prison. That is what an increasing number of states are doing or trying to do: punishing the mom for what the dad did.

I have no tolerance for anyone who thinks that is acceptable. It is only a win/win if they are a married couple who wanted a baby at the time, and therefore neither person did anything stupid.

I don't think anyone makes the decision to get raped for your rant to then apply to anything I've said.

When you say women need to be more responsible to not get pregnant, you imply they do make the choice to not get raped. That is how all pro-choicers interpret such comments every single time.

It just doesn't solve anything. It doesn't matter if abortion is legal or banned.

Hard to imagine how a libertarian would justify banning it anyway. At least you're consistent.

No, I mean termination....if Mifepristone is taken at a certain early point, implantation hasn't occurred....its stopping a pregnancy. You realize that many birth control methods also do this right? They interrupt a fertilized ovum from implanting.

ya'll can bicker about before pregnancy life on and on - go for it, I encourage it, its good for thought processing ...

I'm only concerned with abortion which is what this thread is, and the killing of unborn life to end a pregnancy

ya'll can bicker about before pregnancy life on and on - go for it, I encourage it, its good for thought processing ...

I'm only concerned with abortion which is what this thread is, and the killing of unborn life to end a pregnancy
abortion is any time a pregnancy ends...whether it is spontaneous or medically induced.

...or to save the life of a mother.

stealthycat, do you support contraceptives?

Do you support sex education in High School?

Back
Top Bottom