• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Senate Candidate's 'Mental Status'

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I think the title should be "Another act of desperation by sore losers",but breaking news rules forbid me from using a title different from the news story.

FOXNews.com - South Carolina Pol Questions Dem Senate Candidate's 'Mental Status'

A South Carolina lawmaker on Sunday suggested that new Democratic Senate nominee Alvin Greene may be intellectually incapable of participating in the general election race.

State Rep. Todd Rutherford told Fox News that he went to Greene's house to discuss with him how Greene succeeded last week in becoming the candidate to challenge Republican Sen. Jim DeMint in the November election, but he found it difficult to decipher an answer.

"About two questions into a conversation with him, it would become apparent that he is not probably fit to answer the questions befitting a Senate candidate," said Rutherford, a Democrat. "If he was put into this, then it is a joke that is funny to all the rest of us, but he doesn't get it -- because I don't know that his mental status is such that he can get it."

On Friday South Carolina authorities launched a formal investigation into Greene's unlikely win. The campaign of his vanquished opponent, Vic Rawl, said it too is looking into reports across the state from voters and poll workers who "experienced problems with voting for whom they intended."

'Being There'

Thanks to the Dems, this is a lot funnier than it should be. The poor guy obviously rates in the "Dullard" region of the IQ chart. It will be real fun to find out exactly how Greene won the vote, got his funding to enter the race, and got his USC degree.

Alvin is the real life Chauncey Gardener. Let's see how far he gets. Maybe even POTUS! Certainly can't make any worse decisions than the current guy.

Funny, I would have thought this makes him a perfect fit for congress :D

That works as well.

Seriously, I feel for the poor guy. How on earth did he get himself into this. It will be interesting to learn more. ...if the press allows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom