• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Carolina death row prisoner chooses firing squad over electric chair

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Richard Moore, 57, convicted of 1999 killing of convenience store clerk, to be first prisoner put to death in South Carolina since 2011.

A South Carolina prisoner scheduled to be the first man executed in the state in more than a decade has decided to die by firing squad rather than in the electric chair later this month, according to court documents filed on Friday.

Richard Moore, 57, is the also first state prisoner to face the choice of execution methods after a law went into effect last year making electrocution the default and giving inmates the option to face three prison workers with rifles instead.

Moore has spent more than two decades on death row after being convicted of the 1999 killing of convenience store clerk James Mahoney in Spartanburg. If executed as scheduled on 29 April, he would be the first person put to death in the state since 2011.
================================================================
You die by any means, they turn out your lights. You stop being.

I wonder why lethal injection isn't one of the options.

Is death by Snu Snu an option?

They're unable to get the drugs because anti-DP proponents have threatened the drug makers.
i thought you were pro-life...
and where do you get all these made-up lies...
let's see a source that "anti-DP proponents have threatened the drug makers." bullshit...
-peace

1650710532343.png

They're unable to get the drugs because anti-DP proponents have threatened the drug makers.
hell, i was thinking fatal fentanyl was almost everywhere

Back
Top Bottom