• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Carolina Candidates Poised for Historic Victories on Day of High-Stakes Runoffs

Goshin

Burned Out Ex-Mod
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A state known for its racially charged politics may be on the cusp of nominating an Indian-American woman for governor and a black man for U.S. representative.

As voters go to the polls in South Carolina Tuesday, they will have the final say in whether Republican state Rep. Nikki Haley should represent the party in the November gubernatorial race and whether state Rep. Tim Scott should carry the GOP mantle in the Republican-dominated Congressional District 1 race.

FOXNews.com - South Carolina Candidates Poised for Historic Victories on Day of High-Stakes Runoffs

As an issues-oriented voter, it was my pleasure today to vote for Nikki Haley, an Indian-American woman, for
SC State Governor. I don't care about race or gender, just ability and issues.

I'm also hoping incumbent Bob Inglis, who has disappointed his electorate too many times, falls to
his challenger, Trey Gowdy.

This year is proving to be a big year for newer faces in the SC GOP, including women and minorities,
and most especially non-incumbents who are not part of the "good old boy" network that dominated both
parties in SC for far too long.

(I don't know where they get this "Racially charged politics" slur on my state, however... most of that crap ended in the 70's.)

Re: South Carolina Candidates Poised for Historic Victories on Day of High-Stakes Run

In all fairness, your state does plenty do deserve a few pokes here and there :)

Back
Top Bottom