• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Africa begins seizing land from white farmers

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EThwj4NtnvU (video of interview)

'Tucker Carlson Tonight' exclusive: South African president Cyril Ramaphosa has just begun the process of seizing land from his own citizens, without compensation, purely due to their skin color. That's far more racist than anything Donald Trump has ever done, of course, but elites in America barely even care.
==================================================
S Africa is going down on the same racist past to catastrophe as neighboring Zimbabwe (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe).

The end of S Africa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ltYWe2loE

Last edited:
Zimbabwe is actually doing better now. They are taxing people’s wages. Farmers and miners.

'Tucker Carlson Tonight' exclusive: South African president Cyril Ramaphosa has just begun the process of seizing land from his own citizens, without compensation, purely due to their skin color. That's far more racist than anything Donald Trump has ever done, of course, but elites in America barely even care.
S Africa is going down on the same racist past to catastrophe as neighboring Zimbabwe (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe).

My heart is with the Native Africans and temporatily the cure wil be worse than the disease. I can recall what the White majority did to Nelson Mandela. Stories of savagery as regards treatment of the Natives by many, not all, White landowners (?), and that is what is changing. Perhaps it is poetic justice. Perhaps each Native can get some personal satisfaction emotionally. Perhaps the white Afrikanners did a truly poor job of reading the handwriting on the wall and making attempts at balance. The Afrikanners acted like feudal lords and comeuppance is a bitch.
/

Paybacks are a bitch.

My heart is with the Native Africans and temporatily the cure wil be worse than the disease. I can recall what the White majority did to Nelson Mandela. Stories of savagery as regards treatment of the Natives by many, not all, White landowners (?), and that is what is changing. Perhaps it is poetic justice. Perhaps each Native can get some personal satisfaction emotionally. Perhaps the white Afrikanners did a truly poor job of reading the handwriting on the wall and making attempts at balance. The Afrikanners acted like feudal lords and comeuppance is a bitch.

You need to replace your empathic and morals' metrics with something non-racist and medieval. Unless one embraces blood (race) guilt and revenge (as they did in Europe against each other's nationalities) for "wrongs" done to prior generations of peoples then it should be obvious to you that non-racists hearts would go out to all those wronged during apartheid as well as to all those wronged in violation of a reconciliation. Modern, non-racist humanitarians would also not be seeking 'personal' vengeance and ruin because a person is born white or black or other.

"Progressives", as opposed to their ACLU forefather liberals, have a very difficult time with things like universal moral principles applied to all. I get that. But it is also inexcusable to persecute and deny anyone their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness because of the color of their skin.

If anything, this seeming betrayal has only confirmed what many hardcore Afrikaners suspected, the handwriting on the wall was not appreciated by the more liberal English population and less militant Afrikaners - a multi-racial free state in Africa is impossible with a black African majority. A white minority must either exterminate them or flee.

For their own self-interest, they chose wrongly. They are the "Jews" with disproportionate success and ability, and the crypto fascists of black nationalism will proceed accordingly.

My deepest sympathies to the farmers who are being persecuted and prosecuted.

As another poster pointed out, those people in South Africa who once dreamed of a country in which ALL people would be treated equally were very naïve.

I hope that good people around the world will help those refugees to find asylum in the United States, Australia, or Russia. They would be super new citizens.

My deepest sympathies to the farmers who are being persecuted and prosecuted.

As another poster pointed out, those people in South Africa who once dreamed of a country in which ALL people would be treated equally were very naïve.

I hope that good people around the world will help those refugees to find asylum in the United States, Australia, or Russia. They would be super new citizens.

lol...the only refugees Right Wingers care about: White people. :roll:

They'll turn South Africa into a pile of ****, just like they found it a couple hundred years ago.

You mean pristine jungle and people free to live their lives without some greedy **** making them work in mines?

You mean pristine jungle and people free to live their lives without some greedy **** making them work in mines?

Sure, free to starve from lack of farming and unemployment. I think they deserve all that, they wanted it.

Sure, free to starve from lack of farming and unemployment. I think they deserve all that, they wanted it.

The native blacks will get far more then they deserve, just as they did in Zimbabwe: government collapse, starvation, runaway inflation, political corruption, crime, disease & misery.

My brother-in-law is with State & he & his family are stationed at our embassy in Pretoria. Had been interested in going over for a visit but not now. Even in the relatively calm past you are warned not to leave your hotel after dark.

Before Euroscum ****ed up their continent, Africans living in the jungles didn't have to farm. But, of course, you would not know that.

It is understandable South Africa wants to correct past wrongs, but they are going about it all wrong. Implement a land value tax and the problem will correct itself.

lol...the only refugees Right Wingers care about: White people.

Well, speaking as a right winger, let me correct you, calamity. In no order of importance, here are the people who I believe the United States should allow in based on refugee status as oppressed ethnic minorities targeted for death directly by their governments (or the government happily sits back and assents to their killing by non-government actors):

1. Dutch South Africans
2. Kurds from Syria, Iraq and Turkey
3. Chinese Uyghurs
4. Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar
5. South Sudanese Animists
6. Egyptian Coptic Christians
7. Iranian Baha'is

Provided they pass the necessary background checks, I believe all of these people should come in, and I am all for letting non-White people immigrate into our country so long as they agree to live by our values of religious freedom, ethnic toleration and pluralism.

South Africa was and remains primarily Savannah land with hills and mountains and the Bantu tribespeople (most notably the Zulu) who lived there mainly raised cattle herds. It was not jungle. I think you are thinking further north of places like the Congolese jungle.

Many thanks to those posters who have been very civil when discussing a very emotional topic.

1. As I understand it, many people have already left South Africa.

2. Some have not left yet, for they possibly cannot believe that their fellow neighbors would actually harm them.

a. Sadly, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, and Rwanda proved that there are times when your fellow citizens will have no qualms about murdering you.

3. I am among those who agree that South Africa's economy and social fabric will suffer greatly when (not "if") there is a mass exodus.

4. I notice that one poster has canceled his vacation plans to South Africa. A wise decision, I feel.

Paybacks are a bitch.

What an ugly statement, with that rational if Jewish folks decided to fire up holocaust ovens to eradicate Germans that would be OK, “Paybacks are a bitch”. Curious, are you aware of the violence that is happening with these land owners, hacked to death with a machete and women raped is sort of medieval, no. But that’s Paybacks for you I guess.

Paybacks are a bitch.

Too bad this one will kill S.A.'s economy. Look what it did to Zimbabwe.

But hey...at least Blacks are "getting even", amirite?

BTW: Are you supporting persecution? Aren't you the guy who compares detaining illegals to the Holocaust?

As far as I know, no actual land has been seized yet, the OP's videos are a few months old, no land has actually been taken yet/

The ANC is at this moment, using it as an election plank to shore up more populist support away from EFF.

The ANC must be defeated this election, but the DA has to get a clear majority, anything short of that could force the ANC and the EFF to form a coalition and if that happens, it could be game over, but we shall wait and see.

As far as I know, no actual land has been seized yet, the OP's videos are a few months old, no land has actually been taken yet/

The ANC is at this moment, using it as an election plank to shore up more populist support away from EFF.

The ANC must be defeated this election, but the DA has to get a clear majority, anything short of that could force the ANC and the EFF to form a coalition and if that happens, it could be game over, but we shall wait and see.

No, no...white people are being threatened by brown folk. Call in the World Police.

No, no...white people are being threatened by brown folk. Call in the World Police.

Look, I know that the current way of addressing past grievances hasn't worked ok, but this isn't about the ANC addressing past grievances and it could have very serious implications for South Africa.

This is about power, the ANC has been losing electoral support for some time and one of its former members, Julius Malema, who has actually been threatening whites and who's pretty firebrand split off and created the Economic Freedom Fighters that's a pretty extreme party.

The ANC is using land expropriation as a populist plank for this years general election, whether they will get the numbers to amend the constitution is another story, whether it can be challenged in court I'm not sure, but should they proceed with the plan, it will surely drive away many international investors and could have serious consequences for the already struggling economy which hasn't grown much in the last few years, coupled with endemic poverty and lack of job opportunity has lead more and more poor South Africans into the arms of extremists like Malema.

You do not understand the actual dynamics at play here, and American right wingers who are picking up on this story don't understand it either.

All I can say is, while the current way land reform was being done may not have done right by those who were wronged, land expropriation could severely harm the economy, leading to more people unable to lift themselves out of poverty, leading to a further destabilization of the country, it's one of the most unequal societies on Earth, due to historical consequence and this could very well ignite a fuse that blows up the fragile peace Mandela worked so hard to achieve.

So don't you lay something like that at my feet, as a South African, I think I know better.

You need to read up on South Africa Circa 1820 or so and Shaka's conquest of that area

Before Euroscum ****ed up their continent, Africans living in the jungles didn't have to farm. But, of course, you would not know that.

you're trolling now/ Africa was full of death and destruction before colonial rule showed up; where do you think all those people slavers bought came from

No reason for any world police. Black people continue to harm themselves as if on cue. When will you stop defending the suicidal practices of southern Africans? When will you stop hating white people so much that you wish they would stop being burned alive?

Look, I know that the current way of addressing past grievances hasn't worked ok, but this isn't about the ANC addressing past grievances and it could have very serious implications for South Africa.

This is about power, the ANC has been losing electoral support for some time and one of its former members, Julius Malema, who has actually been threatening whites and who's pretty firebrand split off and created the Economic Freedom Fighters that's a pretty extreme party.

The ANC is using land expropriation as a populist plank for this years general election, whether they will get the numbers to amend the constitution is another story, whether it can be challenged in court I'm not sure, but should they proceed with the plan, it will surely drive away many international investors and could have serious consequences for the already struggling economy which hasn't grown much in the last few years, coupled with endemic poverty and lack of job opportunity has lead more and more poor South Africans into the arms of extremists like Malema.

You do not understand the actual dynamics at play here, and American right wingers who are picking up on this story don't understand it either.

All I can say is, while the current way land reform was being done may not have done right by those who were wronged, land expropriation could severely harm the economy, leading to more people unable to lift themselves out of poverty, leading to a further destabilization of the country, it's one of the most unequal societies on Earth, due to historical consequence and this could very well ignite a fuse that blows up the fragile peace Mandela worked so hard to achieve.

So don't you lay something like that at my feet, as a South African, I think I know better.

It would be sad indeed if the blacks committed genocide against the whites and the blacks suffered because of it. That would be horrible. Oh the misery for the blacks.

Back
Top Bottom