• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

South Africa begins seizing land from white farmers

So how is this not racism?

I guess that is the real question. We often say it is so obvious that nothing more needs to be said. And nothing more is ever said, and the real racists continue to commit atrocities, same as always.

Look, I know that the current way of addressing past grievances hasn't worked ok, but this isn't about the ANC addressing past grievances and it could have very serious implications for South Africa.

This is about power, the ANC has been losing electoral support for some time and one of its former members, Julius Malema, who has actually been threatening whites and who's pretty firebrand split off and created the Economic Freedom Fighters that's a pretty extreme party.

The ANC is using land expropriation as a populist plank for this years general election, whether they will get the numbers to amend the constitution is another story, whether it can be challenged in court I'm not sure, but should they proceed with the plan, it will surely drive away many international investors and could have serious consequences for the already struggling economy which hasn't grown much in the last few years, coupled with endemic poverty and lack of job opportunity has lead more and more poor South Africans into the arms of extremists like Malema.

You do not understand the actual dynamics at play here, and American right wingers who are picking up on this story don't understand it either.

All I can say is, while the current way land reform was being done may not have done right by those who were wronged, land expropriation could severely harm the economy, leading to more people unable to lift themselves out of poverty, leading to a further destabilization of the country, it's one of the most unequal societies on Earth, due to historical consequence and this could very well ignite a fuse that blows up the fragile peace Mandela worked so hard to achieve.

So don't you lay something like that at my feet, as a South African, I think I know better.

When Mandela and DeKlerk came to an agreement, do you think genocide against whites was agreed upon?

My heart is with the Native Africans and temporatily the cure wil be worse than the disease. I can recall what the White majority did to Nelson Mandela. Stories of savagery as regards treatment of the Natives by many, not all, White landowners (?), and that is what is changing. Perhaps it is poetic justice. Perhaps each Native can get some personal satisfaction emotionally. Perhaps the white Afrikanners did a truly poor job of reading the handwriting on the wall and making attempts at balance. The Afrikanners acted like feudal lords and comeuppance is a bitch.
/

Actually the (Nelson Mandela) Africans doing this are not native. They are almost 100% Bantu from hundreds of miles north.

Centuries ago when White Settlers came there were a few small tribes of actual Natives called the Kohi and San people. https://www.bing.com/images/search?...&qpvt=original+south+african+people&FORM=IGRE Although also Black they were very different form the Ancestors of Nelson Mandela. By all historical accounts there very few problems between them and the Whites, at least none at the level of what happened later.

With irrigation and farming Whites made South Africa into one of the only first world prosperous parts of the continent. The Bantu started streaming in to take advantage of that prosperity, in much the way Latin Americans are coming to the US today. They actually hated and killed the Kohi and Sand people almost to extinction.

The northern Blacks became such a problem for Whites as well that right or wrong Apartheid was what they used to keep them under control.

So, the so called "Native Africans" taking land have less of an ancestral claim than the Whites they are taking it from do.

When Mandela and DeKlerk came to an agreement, do you think genocide against whites was agreed upon?

You may want to look up genocide. Hint: whites are not in any danger of being victims of it.

You may want to look up genocide. Hint: whites are not in any danger of being victims of it.

Not many whites left in Zimbabwe these days. The media "missed" it, but it did happen, at least to the level of "ethnic cleansing".

Back
Top Bottom