• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sources: Trump-world frustrated by their candidate

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Sources: Trump-world frustrated by their candidate - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump aides and people close to his campaign are increasingly frustrated by his insistence on waging various fights that steer him off message.

Donald Trump aides and people close to his campaign are increasingly frustrated by his insistence on waging various fights that steer him off message.Sources close to the campaign are describing a series of missteps that are trailing the GOP presidential nominee, most prominently his now multi-day battle against Khizr Khan, the Muslim father of a killed US soldier. Trump has spent the days since the Democratic convention litigating whether their son is a hero, and on Tuesday only moved onto an equally unhelpful news cycle: whether he supports House Speaker Paul Ryan, and the 2008 presidential nominee, John McCain, in their primaries.

A knowledgeable Republican source told CNN that some of Trump's campaign staff -- even campaign manager Paul Manafort -- "feel like they are wasting their time," given Trump's recent comments. And two sources close to the Trump campaign said privately they wished Trump would apologize to the Gold Star family, even though the Khans attacked Trump from the stage at the Democratic National Convention last month.

Is it already unraveling? Perhaps, but there's time to pull things back together if possible. I don't think he will, I think this is what we're getting this election cycle.

Sources: Trump-world frustrated by their candidate - CNNPolitics.com

Is it already unraveling? Perhaps, but there's time to pull things back together if possible. I don't think he will, I think this is what we're getting this election cycle.
The problem isn't just with Trump not staying on message, but that every time he goes bombastic the other GOP candidates get knocked-off message at their events too, by having to answer for him!

What a mess he is for their party.

The problem isn't just with Trump not staying on message, but that every time he goes bombastic the other GOP candidates get knocked-off message at their events too, by having to answer for him!

What a mess he is for their party.

Not to worry, Trump still has lots of hoi polloi who will blindly follow him without question. These are the guys who will win him the presidency.

Not to worry, Trump still has lots of hoi polloi who will blindly follow him without question. These are the guys who will win him the presidency.

While there are plenty who would still back Trump regardless of the facts coming out that he's not Presidential, and he's not running a good campaign; I don't think he's likely to win against Clinton. Possibly, I guess, but Hillary would have to fudge up huge for Trump to stand any amount of chance.

I find the two candidates about equal. Hillary can do anything and yet she still has a certain number of drones that will still support her no matter what. Same with Trump.

Back
Top Bottom