• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sources: Federal agents raid powerful Chicago Ald. Ed Burke's City Hall office

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...-burke-offices-raided-fbi-20181129-story.html
In addition to his aldermanic duties, Burke’s law firm is among the most prominent property tax appeals firms in the city. Burke’s work has included conducted property tax appeals for President Donald Trump’s Chicago tower.
This is the longest running Alderman in Chitown. Quite interesting that he gets raided the same day as Cohen pleas. His firm no longer represents Trumps interests though this is still peculiar.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...-burke-offices-raided-fbi-20181129-story.html This is the longest running Alderman in Chitown. Quite interesting that he gets raided the same day as Cohen pleas. His firm no longer represents Trumps interests though this is still peculiar.

Hear that? It's the sound of a noose tightening.

Financial crimes have always been at the heart of everything Trump has ever done.

They're what will finally bring his laughable empire and crime family down.

Last edited:
Mueller's team of Democrats will attack every lawyer, business associate and financial institution that had anything to do with President Trump or his family to create such terror that no one will ever go near the Trump family again - in true Gestapo style.

I bet Trump wishes he had yielded to Mueller's demand that Trump give him special treatment on his Trump golf club membership. How stupid could Trump be to not understand that the head of the FBI gets anything and everything he wants for free because of infinite power and exemption from bribery laws.

Someone should send Mueller a Nazi SS general's uniform.

Mueller's team of Democrats will attack every lawyer, business associate and financial institution that had anything to do with President Trump or his family to create such terror that no one will ever go near the Trump family again - in true Gestapo style.

I bet Trump wishes he had yielded to Mueller's demand that Trump give him special treatment on his Trump golf club membership. How stupid could Trump be to not understand that the head of the FBI gets anything and everything he wants for free because of infinite power and exemption from bribery laws.

They can't do that. They've sold out. Massively large order went to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

They even used Amazon Prime and got them in two days.

This appears to be Trump's FBI who did the raid.... So is it Trump that needs a Nazi SS general's uniform? :confused:

Mueller never made any such demand.

Why even bother to post if all you have are lies?

It's not about destroying Trump because they dislike him. It's about making sure everyone who isn't part of the ruling class, that gets the idea that they can join the club without an invitation, knows that the punishment for such a crime is death. The message being sent is for the rest of us malcontents. Trump is an American hero at a time in history in where few are to be found.

Its shameful how he is being treated.

The message is not only that they will destroy you but anyone and everyone associated with you, both intimately and casually. Disloyality must be punished.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's not about destroying Trump because they dislike him. It's about making sure everyone who isn't part of the ruling class, that gets the idea that they can join the club without an invitation, knows that the punishment for such a crime is death. The message being sent is for the rest of us malcontents. Trump is an American hero at a time in history in where few are to be found.

The message is not only that they will destroy you but anyone and everyone associated with you, both intimately and casually. Disloyality must be punished.

Odd that you'd find a lifelong conman, rip-off artist and mobbed-up Russian pet a 'hero'.

That's amusing since it is TRUMP that THREATENED he would declassify information STRICTLY to hurt Dems or anyone else that DARED continued to investigate him.

Not really. It happens.

Trump was added to this story to give it some spice. Burke's law firm specializes in Chicago property tax protests. They handled the property tax appeals for the Chicago Trump Tower for 11 years (and no longer do). I haven't seen any indication that Trump or one of his businesses had any other dealings with that firm.

This is more likely related to the ongoing controversy over the city's Worker's Comp fund that Burke's committee supervises -- especially since it was his city offices that were affected.

Odd that you'd find a lifelong conman, rip-off artist and mobbed-up Russian pet a 'hero'.
Heros come out of strange places and turn out to be the most unlikely of people sometimes.

I understand why people on the left dont like him. That's not who I'm talking about. That's the expected run of the mill partisanship. They all face that.

He is a hero for fighting against what some call the deep state.

That's amusing since it is TRUMP that THREATENED he would declassify information STRICTLY to hurt Dems or anyone else that DARED continued to investigate him.
He is behaving like a man who is being threatened. He is fighting back with threats of his own.

He is behaving like a man who is being threatened. He is fighting back with threats of his own.

He isn't being threatened, his actions are being looked into. You think Trump's threats are reasonable to do? Would you approve of Obama threatening like this?

Heros come out of strange places and turn out to be the most unlikely of people sometimes.

I understand why people on the left dont like him. That's not who I'm talking about. That's the expected run of the mill partisanship. They all face that.

He is a hero for fighting against what some call the deep state.

A. Every rational, intellectually adult dislikes him.
B. He's not fighting against the Deep State.

A. Every rational, intellectually adult dislikes him.
B. He's not fighting against the Deep State.
1). Rational anti-trumpers are few and far between.
2). Delusional people struggle with reality.

I can’t imagine this has anything to do with Trump.

I’m sure Burke is capable of committing his own crimes independently.
This much is true and Burke has probably has his big toe in corruption for 50 years. Odd though how he just so happens to get raided by the Feds on this day.:shock:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...-burke-offices-raided-fbi-20181129-story.html This is the longest running Alderman in Chitown. Quite interesting that he gets raided the same day as Cohen pleas. His firm no longer represents Trumps interests though this is still peculiar.

Considering this dude's connected to the local govt of Chicago, it could be just a regular Crook County issue.

Now stop salivating and wait for more information like everyone else before jumping to conclusions.

I can’t imagine this has anything to do with Trump.

I’m sure Burke is capable of committing his own crimes independently.

In Illinois politics, that is almost a given.

This much is true and Burke has probably has his big toe in corruption for 50 years. Odd though how he just so happens to get raided by the Feds on this day.:shock:

What's special about today?

Back
Top Bottom