• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sources: Big Ten cancels football season; no games for Michigan, Michigan State in 2020

This will put some pressure on the ACC and SEC to make a decision, that they probably do not want to make. Other conferences have closed up shop for the year as well, might get interesting.

Most SEC players want to play.

At any rate, we should know by this afternoon or tomorrow what the ACC and the SEC will do.

Like many I have been hanging on for football, counting the days. It has given me hope for a break from living day to day in lockdown. Every year I count the days but 2020 has been such a huge mass of suck I've been counting the seconds. Now? We knows?

Most SEC players want to play.

At any rate, we should know by this afternoon or tomorrow what the ACC and the SEC will do.

Like many I have been hanging on for football, counting the days. It has given me hope for a break from living day to day in lockdown. Every year I count the days but 2020 has been such a huge mass of suck I've been counting the seconds. Now? We knows?

Last I heard the SEC called an emergency meeting for today, and that may take a bit to work through.

The ACC had a plan (then again so did the SEC) but it did not look very plausible as only in conference games with perhaps a 8 game season.

Last I heard the SEC called an emergency meeting for today, and that may take a bit to work through.

The ACC had a plan (then again so did the SEC) but it did not look very plausible as only in conference games with perhaps a 8 game season.

I'm hoping both conferences decide to play.

c2c255d2f7172240dffef9c71b7a38ed--football-stuff-football-memes.jpg

GO DAWGS!

Glad the conference is putting the players' safety over money. Frankly I can't see how the other conferences won't follow the Big 10's lead.

It's really just that they realized continuing with the season would cost them more money as they lose players. COVID is serious enough to end a career for a football player.

If true, I cant imagine that any other conferences would continue forward. There is no college football without the Big10. As devastating as it will be for players and fans (myself included), there may be a silver lining to a canceled season: it may encourage some much needed reforms and restructuring of the NCAA

That's not really true. The SEC plan as we speak is a 10 game, SEC only schedule. So they could play with or without the Big 10. It will make a 'national champion' and bowl games a bit empty/meaningless/difficult but I think what the conference really wants are games to put on TV and sell to ESPN and CBS and others. And the players want to play.

I'm a bit torn on this. The athletes on campus are going to be at risk with or without football. Twice weekly testing - what the SEC proposes - is far more than the student body will get, and will mitigate the risk of COVID from football activities. The problem of course is if an athlete gets infected outside of football, it can quickly run through a team engaged in contact sports on a daily basis.

This sounds like an excellent opportunity for the players to spend more time on their classes and their studies. Their grades should improve.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Boo. Other conferences will follow suit. Too bad for those kids.

Good. Lots of good reasons to cancel college football, and only a few bad, selfish reasons to continue them.

Back
Top Bottom