• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sources: 19 Austin police officers indicted over protests

Well gosh fella, they completely destroyed the downtown of the city down the street from here. Businesses of innocent residents were completely destroyed, a couple of people were murdered. It was all over the local news, with the same thing playing out all over the country. What am I supposed to do not notice? There were millions and millions of dollars in damage done, this is just in my town.
I didnt have to watch anything about "Portland" on TV, this was going on right near me in my local city.

Thankfully, I have a nice little place about 20 minutes out of town. I'm gonna be OK!!:cool:

I dont support these lawless thugs of the BLM Burn, Loot and Murder. (n)
Never had a cop abuse you, obviously.

Apparently Baby Adolf is already considering pardons for the Austin 19!

Perched atop an elevated highway to his left, police officers were unleashing a volley of bean bag rounds into the crowd of demonstrators surrounding him. Despite wearing a brightly colored vest adorned with red medical crosses, Arawn was shot in the wrist and thigh, making him one of hundreds of people injured by police weaponry during two days of protests across downtown Austin last weekend. “The level of brutality was shocking,” an astonished Arawn said a day later, his wrist bandaged and his leg marked by a dark red and purple bruise. “I just couldn’t believe something like this was happening in Austin.”

...As protests against police brutality have swept the nation in the wake of George Floyd’s killing in Minneapolis, the laid-back liberal oasis in Central Texas has witnessed some of the most acute violence in the country — a development that shocked many residents, as well as the city’s liberal leadership. At a six-hour-long emergency city council meeting to review police protocols Thursday night, hundreds of Austinites berated city leaders and called for the police chief’s ouster. An editorial in the Austin American-Statesman said the police response “compounded the outrage and pain that brought protesters to the streets to begin with.” Reached by phone, Austin Mayor Steve Adler (D) said videos of the violence made him “incredibly uncomfortable.”

...In the traditionally black and Hispanic neighborhoods on the city’s east side, residents describe a different reality. Only a month ago, local activists noted, Austin police shot and killed unarmed 42-year-old Mike Ramos. At protests across the city, some black Austinites say they’re regularly the victims of police brutality.
“I’ve lived here my whole life, and the first time I saw a cop kill someone innocent I was in elementary school,” said Anthony Evans, 25, referring to the death of 18-year-old Daniel Rocha in 2005. “It was traumatizing, and we can’t take these things anymore.”

Link

The rioting and looting sound like an improvement over the polices actions.

Did I say there was no violence? No I did not.

I did notice you simply decided that what you saw was everywhere when it demonstrably not. And evidently could not read the part about the how the players actually were because that conflicts with your manufactured narratives.

You should try thinking for yourself instead of gleefully being led around by the nose.

Look: I get it. I am refusing to dismiss what I see with my own two eyes in order to comply with your "poor oppressed victims for racial justice" phony-bologna woke narrative.

This makes you angry, and so you will try to lash out at me in an impotent rage, try to insult my intelligence.
I dont hold it against you. I know you're doing the best you can with what you have. Bless you.

Look: I get it. I am refusing to dismiss what I see with my own two eyes in order to comply with your "poor oppressed victims for racial justice" phony-bologna woke narrative.

This makes you angry, and so you will try to lash out at me in an impotent rage, try to insult my intelligence.
I dont hold it against you. I know you're doing the best you can with what you have. Bless you.
Angry? Silly trumpie, you can only amuse me. Maybe make me feel a little pity.

You live in your own reality and it’s a sad, pathetic reality full of fear.

So you think you have to be an asshole criminal to be abused by cops.
Well, your chances SKYROCKET when you veer down that path, yes thats what I'm saying. But I dont know if I'd call it "abused by cops", I'd call it "Guy was an asshole and the cops had to manhandle him."
Some of them request that the Police manhandle them you know. (y)

What was the story there?
Choir boy, rushing off to recital after helping at a soup kitchen, then an evil "racist" cop saw him and shot him because he was a minority?

That what happened?
Maybe. Saw video from near a blm protest where long story short the cops jacked up a black kid who told them he was just waiting for a ride. The video was filmed by the friends from their car driving up to pick him up. When the truth of his story was proven by them arriving, the kid expected to be let go. But no. The kid got super lippy in response. So the cop told him to stand up because he was under arrest for assaulting a police officer.

Later we found out that cop got fired for what he did.

Which begs the question: how many people have felonies for having a smart mouth?

I bet you think he should have licked the dirty boot.

I bet you think he should have licked the dirty boot.

If by that you mean "I'll bet you think he should have refrained from acting like an asshole." then yes, you are correct, thats exactly what I was thinking.:LOL:

I heard that Abbott was going to pardon them if theyre convicted.

If by that you mean "I'll bet you think he should have refrained from acting like an asshole." then yes, you are correct, thats exactly what I was thinking.:LOL:
So lick a dirty boot, or else.

And the one who should have refrained from being an asshole was obviously the cop who got fired over the incident, isn’t it?

Kid is free, no charges. Would have likely gotten a felony for a crime he obviously didn’t commit absent that video.

I heard that Abbott was going to pardon them if theyre convicted.
As he should. This is political persecution in action, not justice.

You think being shot with a beanbag round and being left brain-damaged is winning the jackpot?
That is why I stopped responding to that poster. His posts are moronic.

As he should. This is political persecution in action, not justice.

Here's another guy who feels that he's above the law if he's running for office:

Ah, the good old "Do you know who I am?" defence.
A sure way to make yourself look like a self-obsessed twat in record time.

If I was that officer I'd just answer "No mate I've got no idea who you are other than a fat bloke in a car. Are you headed for the gym by any chance?".

Yeah, does he really expect to be famous and get special treatment just for standing for office?

Back
Top Bottom