• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sounds about right...

ThoughtEx.

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Do unto others as you think they would do unto you.

It's a sad story, but it does not make me responsible.

Yeah, that sounds about right for GOP Christians these days.

I watched the first minute. It made me sad, but not for the reason that those who think a satirical point is being made think.

I watched the first minute. It made me sad, but not for the reason that those who think a satirical point is being made think.

Okay, I'll bite.

So, why does it make you feel sad???

Do you have car or domicile keys? Do you bother with windows?

Do you have a fence around your house?

agreed. it is sad because it is so spot on

Okay, I'll bite.

So, why does it make you feel sad???

Ah, I didn't post that to bait, and I also don't want to pearl-cast. If you watched even just the first minute and weren't yourself saddened, what is the point?

Ah, I didn't post that to bait, and I also don't want to pearl-cast. If you watched even just the first minute and weren't yourself saddened, what is the point?

nota, I find the casting pearls reference insulting.

I was genuinely curious. The whole "Christians for Trump" thing had me baffled, then amused, then saddened, so their is that.

If I can toss a reference out - may they reap what they've sown. "Lie down with dogs" is also apt.

I was genuinely curious. The whole "Christians for Trump" thing had me baffled, then amused, then saddened, so their is that.

I keep trying to put it into perspective for you and here it is again:

Trump is in office not because he doesn't have warts that many Christians and conservatives have noted and discussed, but because even with all his baggage he was STILL a much better choice for president than that lying, greedy, corrupt, immoral, left-wing, incompetent, cellulite-infested, walking gas bag Hillary Clinton.

People ask how evangelicals can call themselves Christians and vote for Trump? However, the real question is how can we call ourselves Christians and vote for Hillary?

Got it now? If not you never will.

Are you a conservative?

Yes...in the main. One exception is that I ardently support free breakfasts and lunches, especially in elementary schools.

nota, I find the casting pearls reference insulting.

If I can toss a reference out - may they reap what they've sown. "Lie down with dogs" is also apt.

Yes, it is. I apologize for having given offense; this was not my intention.

I keep trying to put it into perspective for you and here it is again:

Trump is in office not because he doesn't have warts that many Christians and conservatives have noted and discussed, but because even with all his baggage he was STILL a much better choice for president than that lying, greedy, corrupt, immoral, left-wing, incompetent, cellulite-infested, walking gas bag Hillary Clinton.

How Christian you sound. :roll: You actually described Trump there, but you don't get it.

People ask how evangelicals can call themselves Christians and vote for Trump? However, the real question is how can we call ourselves Christians and vote for Hillary?

Got it now? If not you never will.

There were other choices. You made a deal with the devil YOU chose. Wear it proudly. You made your bed, and there's a filthy dog in it with you.

You've tried different excuses for this:

1) #buttHillary
2) Jesus needs right wing judges - nothing else matters (even if Trump has a hissy and starts WWIII, Jesus needs those judges!)
3) We aren't electing a Sunday school teacher! I like this one. You have higher standards for Sunday school teachers???
4) "Sometimes God uses bad people to do good things." So if Trump does 1,000 corrupt things, but appoints those right wing judges...

Face it, it's about right wing judges and access to the levers of power. Money in the bank for the mega church preacher set. That's what American Christianity sold its soul for. The devil is keeping his end of the bargain, just like in the stories. You'll be keeping your end. Good luck. Remember, you own ALL of it, not just the right wing judges.

How Christian you sound. :roll:

I Call them like I see them, and if you don't like it then too bad for you. Go whine to your plants.

There were other choices. You made a deal with the devil YOU chose. Wear it proudly. You made your bed, and there's a filthy dog in it with you.

You've tried different excuses for this:

1) #buttHillary
2) Jesus needs right wing judges - nothing else matters (even if Trump has a hissy and starts WWIII, Jesus needs those judges!)
3) We aren't electing a Sunday school teacher! I like this one. You have higher standards for Sunday school teachers???
4) "Sometimes God uses bad people to do good things." So if Trump does 1,000 corrupt things, but appoints those right wing judges...

Face it, it's about right wing judges and access to the levers of power. Money in the bank for the mega church preacher set. That's what American Christianity sold its soul for. The devil is keeping his end of the bargain, just like in the stories. You'll be keeping your end. Good luck. Remember, you own ALL of it, not just the right wing judges.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

And until January, 2021 or later, Donald J. Trump is YOUR president. :lamo:

p.s. Without God, you have no OBJECTIVE moral basis to be spinning your folly to anyone.

Last edited:

Hillary is in bed with me? Nope. She's apparently your preferred mutt. Did you really vote for Hillary Clinton with all her baggage?? Did you?

I Call them like I see them, and if you don't like it then too bad for you. Go whine to your plants.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

And until January, 2021 or later, Donald J. Trump is YOUR president. :lamo:

p.s. Without God, you have no OBJECTIVE moral basis to be spinning your folly to anyone.

Okay. You can pretend to have God by your side as you lay in bed with Trumpie and every whore he's ever banged while his wife number xx was home tending to his children. Kinda makes a mockery of your claimed value system, but you're probably like the boiled frog - you don't feel it.

Remember that before Reagan, divorce "because we want one" was a huge sin. It seems nothing Donald has done in his life matters to you at this point, because, "judges" = money and power = your real values, which apparently are only to be observed by people who aren't giving you some perceived advantage. That's selling out, dude. :2wave:

evang1.jpg

evang2.jpg

Okay. You can pretend to have God by your side as you lay in bed with Trumpie and every whore he's ever banged while his wife number xx was home tending to his children. Kinda makes a mockery of your claimed value system, but you're probably like the boiled frog - you don't feel it.

Remember that before Reagan, divorce "because we want one" was a huge sin. It seems nothing Donald has done in his life matters to you at this point, because, "judges" = money and power = your real values, which apparently are only to be observed by people who aren't giving you some perceived advantage. That's selling out, dude. :2wave:

This is another example of how incredibly Biblically-challenged you are.

Trump was not a Christian until just before the election, according to sources.

“Yes, there was an absolute moment that he received Jesus as Lord and Savior,” she says. “I have led many high-profile people to the Lord.” - Evangelist Paula White

And even though Trump was reportedly a new Christian then, the path to becoming less and less like one's former self can take decades. In fact, PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION is a life-long endeavor.

What is Progressive Sanctification?

"The second stage of sanctification requires a lifetime to complete. As we grow in grace, we are gradually – but steadily – changing to be more like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18). This occurs in a process of daily spiritual renewal (Colossians 3:10). The apostle Paul himself was being sanctified even as he ministered to others. Paul claimed that he had not reached perfection, but that he “pressed on” to attain everything Christ desired for him (Philippians 3:12)."

https://www.gotquestions.org/progressive-sanctification.html

In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 the Apostle Paul wrote,

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

The renowned English Preacher Charles Spurgeon once noted: "If you are renewed by grace, and were to meet your old self, I am sure you would be very anxious to get out of his company.”

As will Donald Trump in time. Sure, he has quite a ways to go, as do all Christians. But at least we're saved.

And once again it is duly noted: "Trump is in office not because he doesn't have warts that many Christians and conservatives have noted and discussed, but because even with all his baggage he was STILL a much better choice for president than that lying, greedy, corrupt, immoral, left-wing, incompetent, cellulite-infested, walking gas bag Hillary Clinton."

And the fact is if there was a perfect Republican Christian candidate, people like you wouldn't vote for him anyway. That's how much you folks despise Christianity. And that's why Trump is in the White House.

So get a new dog. Your holier-than-thou mutt did not make it around the arena.

Last edited:

View attachment 67244856

View attachment 67244857

The Bible calls it spiritual adultery...

adulterous: Or “unfaithful.” In a spiritual sense, adultery denotes unfaithfulness to God on the part of those who are joined to him in a covenant. The false religious practices of natural Israel were a violation of the Law covenant, making the Israelites guilty of spiritual adultery. (Jer 3:​8, 9; 5:​7, 8; 9:2; 13:27; 23:10; Ho 7:4) For similar reasons, Jesus denounced as adulterous the generation of Jews in his day. (Mt 12:39; 16:4) If Christians who are in the new covenant defile themselves with the present system of things, they commit spiritual adultery. In principle, this would be true of all those who are dedicated to Jehovah.​—Jas 4:4.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001070636?q=spiritual+adultery&p=sen

Back
Top Bottom