• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Soulmates': Michael Cohen describes his life as Trump's fixer in new book

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

2020-07-24T214446Z_1_LYNXNPEG6N1O2_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-COHEN.jpg

8/13/20
The book, entitled Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J Trump, is slated to be released sometime in September, ahead of the presidential election in November. Cohen ginned up pre-sales and tweeted about it on Thursday. In the book’s foreword Cohen, 53, mentions writing in his federal prison cell in upstate New York in his green inmate uniform. He details his feelings of bewilderment at falling foul of the president of the United States after years of being “Trump’s first call every morning and his last call every night”. “In some ways, I knew him better than even his family did because I bore witness to the real man,” he writes, calling Trump a con man, a predator, a racist, a bully and a liar. In his cell, Cohen was about a year in to serving a three-year sentence on federal charges of tax evasion, making false statements, lying to Congress and facilitating illegal payments to silence women about their alleged affairs with Trump in the past, which the president denies. In the forward to the book, Cohen writes: “My insatiable desire to please Trump to gain power for myself, the fatal flaw that led to my ruination, was a Faustian bargain: I would do anything to accumulate, wield, maintain, exert, exploit power. In this way, Donald Trump and I were the most alike … soulmates.”

In his book foreword, he warns: “In these dangerous days, I see the Republican party and Trump’s followers threatening the constitution – which is in far greater peril than is commonly understood – and following one of the worst impulses of humankind: the desire for power at all costs.”

Michael Cohen probably knows trump better than anyone else in the world.

Cohen's book, along with the already released book of Trumps niece Dr. Mary L. Trump, vividly describe Donald Trump as psychologically unstable and a menace to America.

"A narcissistic sociopath who should not be allowed anywhere near the White House."

2020-07-24T214446Z_1_LYNXNPEG6N1O2_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-COHEN.jpg

Michael Cohen probably knows trump better than anyone else in the world.

Cohen's book, along with the already released book of Trumps niece Dr. Mary L. Trump, vividly describe Donald Trump as psychologically unstable and a menace to America.

"A narcissistic sociopath who should not be allowed anywhere near the White House."

calling Trump a con man, a predator, a racist, a bully and a liar

He forgot "perverted ****ing idiot fake Christian manipulator of the chronically ignorant".

calling Trump a con man, a predator, a racist, a bully and a liar

He forgot "perverted ****ing idiot fake Christian manipulator of the chronically ignorant".

And yet this is what the right dismisses about trump and continue to support him. How much hatred does a person have to have in order to support such sleaziness?

What are we really going to learn from a Chancellor Squirrelhead tell all book that could surprise us or change anything?

I remember when congress demanded that Trump send them some documents.

Cohen said no.

Don't **** with congress.

What are we really going to learn from a Chancellor Squirrelhead tell all book that could surprise us or change anything?

Anyone paying a modicum of attention^^^^^^^Nada, zip.......

The problem is that Michael Cohen really is a very flawed messenger. He has lied so much that he has no credibility left. Hard to know how much to believe anything he says.

But if anything, THAT just proves how Trump only hires only the best people!

The problem is that Michael Cohen really is a very flawed messenger. He has lied so much that he has no credibility left. Hard to know how much to believe anything he says.

But if anything, THAT just proves how Trump only hires only the best people!

I disagree. I think the book is something Cohen personally needs to do so people will better understand why he ended up in prison.

He is not at all denying his part in the Trump saga.

How fast did Michael Cohen go from, “I’ll take a bullet for Mr Trump” to “I’m gonna write a tell all?”

I disagree. I think the book is something Cohen personally needs to do so people will better understand why he ended up in prison.

He is not at all denying his part in the Trump saga.

I agree, his acceptance of responsibility pains a much more credible picture....

How fast did Michael Cohen go from, “I’ll take a bullet for Mr Trump” to “I’m gonna write a tell all?”

People do have epiphanies and "watershed moments"; as I already said, I think Mr. Cohen's acceptance of responsibility for the wrongdoiing on Trump's behalf has merit.

i ask again...

what idiots don't already now this stuff about Trump???

Back
Top Bottom