• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOTU Stand-off: Could be fun

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Don’t take this thread too seriously. It is more for fun speculation of extreme possibilities.

I just mentioned in another thread that I think this SOTU standoff is a bright side to this whole mess. There is nothing fun or funny about the shutdown. People are suffering. However, the SOTU standoff is just pure fun. Nobody innocent is getting hurt. So I actually want to see how far they could possibly take it.

I don’t think Pelosi would use force to stop the President. And yes, she does have force at her disposal. The US Capitol Police have lawful jurisdiction there and they answer to Congress as they are not executive branch employees. The Capitol Police have a couple thousand officers. If the police order Trump not to pass and he does then he has committed a crime and that WOULD be grounds for impeachment.

Or if Pelosi wants to avoid something that contentious, she could be passive aggressive. Schedule the cleaning staff to vacuum the chambers that day. Shut off the power. Test the fire alarms.

What are some other crazy things either side could do in this situation?

Quoted from another thread:

Nancy should schedule the House chambers for fumigation on the 29th, just to make sure no vermin decide to show up

That is a good one. :)

Don’t take this thread too seriously. It is more for fun speculation of extreme possibilities.

I just mentioned in another thread that I think this SOTU standoff is a bright side to this whole mess. There is nothing fun or funny about the shutdown. People are suffering. However, the SOTU standoff is just pure fun. Nobody innocent is getting hurt. So I actually want to see how far they could possibly take it.

I don’t think Pelosi would use force to stop the President. And yes, she does have force at her disposal. The US Capitol Police have lawful jurisdiction there and they answer to Congress as they are not executive branch employees. The Capitol Police have a couple thousand officers. If the police order Trump not to pass and he does then he has committed a crime and that WOULD be grounds for impeachment.

Or if Pelosi wants to avoid something that contentious, she could be passive aggressive. Schedule the cleaning staff to vacuum the chambers that day. Shut off the power. Test the fire alarms.

They could all hand out Big Macs. ;)

They just need to dance fight it out and be done with it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well now. Pelosi could shut the power down and Trump would, of course produce a megaphone, and Pelosi could have a little counter electronics wired to mute the megaphone and play exerpts from the finalists of the International Farting Contest whenever Trump started to speak.
\/

As I wrote elsewhere, I think it would be fun if none of the major networks aired his SOTU, wherever/if he gives it.

Or better yet, set up their cameras, record it all, and then not air it. Maybe put it on YouTube later, with news anchor commentary and analysis.

Oh, and definitely let the late night hosts have a shot at it.

She should just spank him and send him to the corner for five minutes and then reopen the government we all love to hate.

Pelosi could invite Alec Baldwin to do an SNL SOTU spoof from the House floor at the scheduled time Trump was supposed to give his SOTU.

As I wrote elsewhere, I think it would be fun if none of the major networks aired his SOTU, wherever/if he gives it.

Or better yet, set up their cameras, record it all, and then not air it. Maybe put it on YouTube later, with news anchor commentary and analysis.

Oh, and definitely let the late night hosts have a shot at it.

I think they should do this. Make him think it will be aired, and then immediately hand it over to SNL so Alec Baldwin can deliver it the more entertaining way. Trump's head would explode.

Trump should give the the best speech of his life at a Rally, send Congress a digital recording of it, and call it a day.

Wait!!!

SNL should offer to let The Donald do the SOTU!

I think they should do this. Make him think it will be aired, and then immediately hand it over to SNL so Alec Baldwin can deliver it the more entertaining way. Trump's head would explode.

Being dicks is SOO popular now.

POTUS has set a high bar there but his followers are truly gaining. His influence is widespread.

He can give it but play the benny hill music very loud the entire time. Would be very fitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pelosi could invite Alec Baldwin to do an SNL SOTU spoof from the House floor at the scheduled time Trump was supposed to give his SOTU.

And Pelosi could let Baldwin have her seat behind Trump. :)

Thanks to the biggest DICK you support, Trump. Why are you so surprised that you are getting the leadership YOU wanted (and deserve) by supporting Trump?

He can give it but play the benny hill music very loud the entire time. Would be very fitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
:lamo

Fantastic visual!

Come to a deal and open the government

Thanks to the biggest DICK you support, Trump. Why are you so surprised that you are getting the leadership YOU wanted (and deserve) by supporting Trump?

Rebel Leaders are by definition dicks.

They are also sometimes needed.

And Righteous.

Back
Top Bottom