• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOTU lie count predictions?

markjs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
OK, so we all know (the rational and conscious among us) that our president is an epic liar and will use the speech as a way to whine for his wall and probably for campaigning purposes too. The speech will be fact checked of course, Let's have a pool on how many false statements, closest without going over, wins bragging rights?

I'm thinking since Miller is writing it it will be slightly toned down from the presiden't usual unhinged make **** up on the fl y thing, so I will say 36 verifiably false statements. (Which would be relatively honest for Trump):2rofll:

Too relative to pin down exactly.

Im going to go with independent sources putting it at 15. If you think that's low, remember that he will spend time on each subject and he has gotten slightly better at keeping his comments from being too specific.

Typical SOTU is something like 8k words. I think he will shorten this one and keep with the hill he is dying on. Spend most of his time on the wall and how evil the Dems are for blocking it.

I actually expect rebuttal speeches to tick in at the same number, though. There is no honest players running anything in DC right now.

I would encourage everyone to not make this into a drinking game. If one were to take a drink each time he lies, his or her blood is likely to become flammable and death will probably occur.

When he reads from a promoter he tends to keep his lying to “normal” Presidential levels.

...I actually expect rebuttal speeches to tick in at the same number, though. There is no honest players running anything in DC right now.

Both parties are as honest as the other?!? Have you listened to Trump at all?

Congress men and women might be taking unfair shots at each other, but for most Americans who don't follow politics, our government is represented by our leader and a majority of Americans know exactly how honest he is. This majority will only grow...

Two outright lies over the rebuttal, and another handful of differing opinions that will spun as lies

Both parties are as honest as the other?!? Have you listened to Trump at all?

Congress men and women might be taking unfair shots at each other, but for most Americans who don't follow politics, our government is represented by our leader and a majority of Americans know exactly how honest he is. This majority will only grow...

Seriously? You're bothered that I know both sides are full of ****? I didn't defend Trump and don't like him, but admitting that the bull**** from the other side of the aisle exists is a problem for you?

That crosses from analyzing a messed up President to TDS.

Seriously? You're bothered that I know both sides are full of ****? I didn't defend Trump and don't like him, but admitting that the bull**** from the other side of the aisle exists is a problem for you?

That crosses from analyzing a messed up President to TDS.

As I've said, most Americans aren't really interested in politics. It's our leaders who get their attention and I believe these folks know that Pelosi or Schumer don't come close to the outright lying Numnuts does everyday.

Claiming that both leaders are the same is the result of TDS (Trump Denial Syndrome)...

As I've said, most Americans aren't really interested in politics. It's our leaders who get their attention and I believe these folks know that Pelosi or Schumer don't come close to the outright lying Numnuts does everyday.

Claiming that both leaders are the same is the result of TDS (Trump Denial Syndrome)...

Denial syndrome implies I'm somehow defending him and his games. Feel free to look through my entire post history and find a single item supporting that.

Admitting that Pelosi and Schumer are also self-serving, horrendous asses doesn't mean I support Trump. It means I have my eyes open and don't blindly follow any party or talking points.

By the way, you'll find an easier time finding posts supporting some of Pelosi's recent tactics and Schumer's debate tactics. Turns out not everyone on this board is a party line attacker.

Denial syndrome implies I'm somehow defending him and his games. Feel free to look through my entire post history and find a single item supporting that.

Admitting that Pelosi and Schumer are also self-serving, horrendous asses doesn't mean I support Trump. It means I have my eyes open and don't blindly follow any party or talking points.

By the way, you'll find an easier time finding posts supporting some of Pelosi's recent tactics and Schumer's debate tactics. Turns out not everyone on this board is a party line attacker.

The majority of Libertarians come from the ranks of Repubs or tend to lean conservative. So it's always good to find one who's not defending the indefensible. But please read carefully, I never said or implied that you support or are defending Trump.

Most politicians are self-serving, just like most Americans, but surely you must realize that Numnuts is in a league of his own. He spews lies that are easily exposed and documented by video tape almost everyday.

Claiming that the level of BS from the leaders of both sides come anywhere close to each other, is just not true. It's a false equivalency that's made far to often by far too many Libertarians...

Back
Top Bottom