• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOTU: Biden lies again about gun control....big surprise

No you just are trying to claim he did not actually mean what he says. It’s ok no one expects you to understand what a lie is. If you did you wouldn’t post so many of them.

Of course he didn't
Gun companies aren't above the law

If a gun company failed to pay say a large utility bill, or honor a commercial contract, it can be sued.

That's not what president Biden meant and you know it.

No, right wingers shamefully took his quote out of context.
So what was the context when he falsely claimed that gun manufacturers can't be sued, when the truth is that they can be sued? What about when he claimed they are the only industry that can't be sued, when the facts are that other industries have some limited liability protection as well?

Geez Rich...we see those same lies right here in this forum, on a regular basis. You think they're unrecognizable?

Of course he didn't

If a gun company failed to pay say a large utility bill, or honor a commercial contract, it can be sued.

Did he mean that, for example, if someone robs a bank with a gun, the gun company isn't held liable for that? Why should he think it should be any different?

Why are you always whining about what a burden background checks are then if they have no effect on your life whatsoever?
Probably for the same reason you whine about "voter suppression" when it doesn't happen to you (or anyone else who wants to do what it takes to vote).

I know of no such law. An individual can sale a gun to another individual without any paperwork.
Not in every state. Not in the US if HR.8 passes and Biden signs it.
That said for my own protection when I buy or sale a gun through an individual I always go through an FFL. I want the paperwork.

My guy does it for $25. Cheap insurance
You don't trust your friends?

Go on then, give me an example.
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”
After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:
“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html

Further, from the same cited article:
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”
The media that are reporting otherwise are lying to those who believe them which are their 'useful idiots'.

Citation:
Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.
By Steve Cortes, March 21, 2019

AN entire thread was dedication to this and similar instances of lamestream media malfeasance.

So what was the context when he falsely claimed that gun manufacturers can't be sued, when the truth is that they can be sued? What about when he claimed they are the only industry that can't be sued, when the facts are that other industries have some limited liability protection as well?

Geez Rich...we see those same lies right here in this forum, on a regular basis. You think they're unrecognizable?

sued for a defective product is one thing

cut your leg off with a chainsaw that is in perfectly good working order and you aren't winning a lawsuit.

Same way with a gun. The manufacturer has no control over how their product is used.

somebody chokes a person to death with a pair of pantyhose. You going to sue the manufacture of pantyhose?

Of course he didn't

It is what Biden said and you know it. Stop trying to defend his lies.

In Ohio, if you have a CCW, that's used in place of a background check.
Same as in Minnesota ( where I have one of my permits ) and many other states.

President Joe Biden renewed his call for the banning of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in his State of the Union address.

Biden added a call to "repeal the liability shield that makes gun manufacturers the only industry in America that can’t be sued".

I ask Congress to pass proven measures to reduce gun violence," Biden said during his first official State of the Union Address on Tuesday night. "Pass universal background checks

First thing I will say is none of it will get through congress now. Even if it does that conservative Supreme Court will kill it.

We had a ban on assault weapons years ago. I would just make mine worth a lot more money. Silly political law. Didn't effect the crime rate then and it won't now.

Liability shield? I think the Supreme Court would strike it down. Guns are no more dangerous than many tools and recreational toys we use on a daily basis. Nothing defective about a properly functioning gun.

Universal background check. I would be all for a one time universal background check. A card you carry with you like my concealed carry license that is good in all 50 states. Says you are a gun owner in good standing.

A week of Turtle's salary to whoever can list all of the lies Biden told tonight about gun control issues.
This is how lazy the right has gotten, make a thread with a conclusion ,then ask others to try and find their argument for them LOL

Further, from the same cited article:

The media that are reporting otherwise are lying to those who believe them which are their 'useful idiots'.

Citation:
Trump Didn't Call Neo-Nazis 'Fine People.' Here's Proof.
By Steve Cortes, March 21, 2019

We were talking about Biden, not the media, don't try to deflect
But to answer your post:

“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group … There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest.”

— President Trump, Aug. 15, 2017

To repeat:
"Very fine people on both sides"

It is what Biden said and you know it. Stop trying to defend his lies.

It's what he said, but you take it out of context and apply it literally when it wasn't meant to be.

A typically shameless right wing tactic.

We were talking about Biden, not the media, don't try to deflect
But to answer your post:

“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group … There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest.”

— President Trump, Aug. 15, 2017

To repeat:
"Very fine people on both sides"
You need to work on your reading comprehension.

The people 'on both sides' was in reference to those who were for keeping the the statue of Robert E. Lee. and those who were again keeping the statue of Robert E. Lee.

It had nothing to do with Nazis, Neo-Nazis, nor any White Supremacist groups.

That was a lame stream lying media's distorting and fiction, which you've swallowed whole cloth. Go sit in the corner and stew on that for awhile before you come back for more.

Biden added a call to "repeal the liability shield that makes gun manufacturers the only industry in America that can’t be sued".

Liability shield? I think the Supreme Court would strike it down. Guns are no more dangerous than many tools and recreational toys we use on a daily basis. Nothing defective about a properly functioning gun.
A little more detail is called for.

No manufacturer of ANY product is liable for the illegal use of their product. Period. If somebody gets drunk and drives their Chevy into a crowd, you can't sue General Motors and/or Jack Daniels.

Starting with the Clinton administration people tried to strong arm the gun manufacturers with the threat of lawsuits. Even though the suits had no chance of winning, it still costs a lot of money to defend one, especially when your opponents have access to vast amounts of Bloomberg money, or even worse tax dollars. So the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) was passed so that these nuisance lawsuits could be dismissed immediately. No other industry has this kind of protection because no other industry has been subjected to this sort of legal abuse.

PLCAA only prevents this specific type of lawsuit. Gun manufacturers are subject to lawsuits about defective products, contracts, etc, just like everyone else.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

The people 'on both sides' was in reference to those who were for keeping the the statue of Robert E. Lee. and those who were again keeping the statue of Robert E. Lee.

It had nothing to do with Nazis, Neo-Nazis, nor any White Supremacist groups.

That was a lame stream lying media's distorting and fiction, which you've swallowed whole cloth. Go sit in the corner and stew on that for awhile before you come back for more.

No, he was referring to both sides during the civil disturbance

Trump refused to condemn the white supremacists by saying there were good and bad people on both sides and he was rightly damned for it.

sued for a defective product is one thing

cut your leg off with a chainsaw that is in perfectly good working order and you aren't winning a lawsuit.

Same way with a gun. The manufacturer has no control over how their product is used.

somebody chokes a person to death with a pair of pantyhose. You going to sue the manufacture of pantyhose?

Guns are designed and manufactured to kill people. Its a dangerous product.

As far as gun companies go:

LITIGATE to TERMNINATE!!!

Why haven't you changed your photo yet? He was a gun worshipping NRA member who would have laughed you out of the country.

No, he was referring to both sides during the civil disturbance
No, check the transcript. Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media and what they've told you. Read the transcript, even better, listen to it.

Trump refused to condemn the white supremacists by saying there were good and bad people on both sides and he was rightly damned for it.
That's BS.

Why haven't you changed your photo yet? He was a gun worshipping NRA member who would have laughed you out of the country.

JFK would have turned away in shame from todays Gun Nut NRA.

Much as George HW Bush did.

LITIGATE to TERMINATE!!💯💯💯

No, check the transcript. Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media and what they've told you. Read the transcript, even better, listen to it.

That's BS.

Nope, Trump was asked to condemn those on the right and he patently refused to do so - even at the presidential "debates" with Joe Biden....just as he refused to condemn the J6 insurrection rioters.

Nope, Trump was asked to condemn those on the right and he patently refused to do so - even at the presidential "debates" with Joe Biden....just as he refused to condemn the J6 insurrection rioters.
Mixing 2 different events. Charlottesville and 1/6 (and BTW, 1/6 was little more than a legal protest that got out of hand and became a minor riot - I'm sure we'll disagree here as well. 🤷‍♂️ ).

If you are still confused as to how badly the lamestream media ****ed Trump in the Charlottesville coverage, all I can say is go back to the transcripts. If you still come away with the same opinion, I question your reading comprehension. Seriously. The man denounced the ultra-right wing groups in that very interview and in that very transcript.

I can lead you to water, but I can't make to see the reality. 🤷‍♂️

Which guns? Your statement reads as a categorical claim that includes the entire group "guns". I bet it's false on that basis alone. And I bet you can't support it without referencing that guns can be used to kill people. Which of course, would also prove that you must believe the same thing about motor vehicles. I mean...if you were going to be consistent.

Back
Top Bottom