• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOTU address an A+. Thank you President Biden.

Eh, he did a good job for being Biden. He’s not a prolific speaker and made the expected mis-speaks.

Just once, I’d like the SOTU to not be effectively a campaign speech though.

I know that's the jen saki line from the podium but what makes you think that is true?

Because building up oil drilling infrastructure and operations take time.

Well in fairness to Brandon,

Raising the cost of gas
Creating inflation
Raising corporate taxes

All fit into his rhetoric of lowering costs, nicely 😄

Do share with the smart kids in the class the following:

How does the President of the United States control the cost of gas? Did you claim GW Bush controlled the cost of gas when it went to record rates while he was POTUS?

How does the President of the United States create global inflation?

When did we raise "corporate taxes"?

Eh, he did a good job for being Biden. He’s not a prolific speaker and made the expected mis-speaks.

Just once, I’d like the SOTU to not be effectively a campaign speech though.

So if he says good things it’s just a campaign speech, and if he says bad things he is dementia Joe.

There is just no way he can win, is there?

And that's how it's done.

Oh good grief.
I will say he navigated the double TP pretty well for the 1st half hour and didn't stumble too badly the rest of the time.
Ya think he knew what he was reading?
You must be thrilled he got through it without drooling cuz what he said was recycled BBB.
Hey, remember when he said we need to secure our border?
And that he's going to lower the deficit without mentioning that he was stopped from adding to the deficit?
Those were some funny lines. Did you laugh too? I sure did.

So if he says good things it’s just a campaign speech, and if he says bad things he is dementia Joe.

There is just no way he can win, is there?
Every SOTU has come across as a campaign speech in my memory.

Biden did as well as he could have.

Did Joe say to reduce inflation, businesses need to cut costs?

Joe, what is businesses largest cost? It's labor.

Will Congress cut costs or keep spending?

Um, that's easy. Sanction russian oil imports. Boom, done.

It is 9% of our import base though.

So you want the President of the United States to interfere in the free market and tell people where they can and can’t buy oil from?

Did Joe say to reduce inflation, businesses need to cut costs?

Joe, what is businesses largest cost? It's labor.

Will Congress cut costs or keep spending?
Cut the price = way below inflationary gouging .........

Did Joe actually say we need to secure the border?

Did he say how? Perhaps a wall?

Must be an election year. There are people stupid enough to believe words instead of actions.

Did Joe say to fund the police?

Definitely is an election year. What will the squad say to that Joe?

Dangerous night for all those senior citizens in one room. They were maskless and shaking hands. OMG
There is still those dangerous unvaccinated people in the country.
The timing of the CDC to lift the mandates just before the State of the Union is amazing.
Of course the CDC acted on the science and nothing to do with politics.
After all it's an election year.
This administration is a joke

So you want the President of the United States to interfere in the free market and tell people where they can and can’t buy oil from?

You asked "how" not "should". I answered your question.

If the world was serious about wanting to stop Russia they would stop the energy and institute and entire removal from SWIFT. Half measures don't work, but western nations aren't willing to endure that kind of economic turmoil for Ukrainians.

Yes we need to get serious and stick bleach and UV light up our bottoms to treat Covid- and then spend another 6 years looking for Obama’s secret birth certificate. I hear you’re not gonna believe what Trump’s top people are finding on it! Seriously!🤣

Cut the price = way below inflationary gouging .........
Cut the price? Wages are up over 5%, goods and services are up over 5%, transportation costs are through the roof and business need to cut the price of their products and services. How many do you think will survive? Price go up because the cost of during business is on the rise.
I don't want to hear about profits of the large companies. The majority of the business in the country are small businesses. They employ the majority of the people in the country. They don't have large profits like Amazon who profited from government lockdowns.

Dangerous night for all those senior citizens in one room. They were maskless and shaking hands. OMG
There is still those dangerous unvaccinated people in the country.
The timing of the CDC to lift the mandates just before the State of the Union is amazing.
Of course the CDC acted on the science and nothing to do with politics.
After all it's an election year.

So you were mad that we had to wear masks and now you're mad that we don't.

View attachment 67377797

Oh, check out that staredown. Kid wants to box. Those eyes are saying, "First round knockout. My roundhouse kick will launch you into the third row."

I'm glad they're talking about drug prices. I'm working here in the Philippines for a few months. I forgot my blood pressure meds. In the U.S. they cost $300 for 30 pills. Fortunately, insurance covers most of that cost. Here in the Philippines, I bought the exact same medication for $15.

Drug prices are totally out of control in the U.S. and something needs to be done about it.

Yes we need to get serious and stick bleach and UV light up our bottoms to treat Covid- and then spend another 6 years looking for Obama’s secret birth certificate. I hear you’re not gonna believe what Trump’s top people are finding on it! Seriously!🤣

When will you get over Trump? People like you need serious help. Perhaps therapy could help.
Go ahead and support the fascist authoritarian dictator in office. You need someone to tell you what to do.

When will you get over Trump? People like you need serious help. Perhaps therapy could help.
Go ahead and support the fascist authoritarian dictator in office. You need someone to tell you what to do.

Trump didn't tell people to drink bleach. He suggested disinfectants and UV light as a cure for COVID which is in itself laughably absurd if you're smarter than a 5th grader.

Trump is just a clown who claims whites are being put "in the back of the line" for COVID vaccines and Putin is a savvy genius. Then there are people like you who desperately try to gaslight us into believing Trump didn't say what he clearly said.

So you were mad that we had to wear masks and now you're mad that we don't.
Simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the democrats. For the democrats it was all about politics.
These mandates especially for kids should have been lifted months ago.
My grandchildren are still snotting and splitting in cloth masks in NYS.

We need to protect out seniors.

Simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the democrats. For the democrats it was all about politics.
These mandates especially for kids should have been lifted months ago.
My grandchildren are still snotting and splitting in cloth masks in NYS.

We need to protect out seniors.

The CDC recommended masks when Trump was President.

And that's how it's done.

Unmistakably signs, ie: virtue signaling, won't save Ukraine.
Acting early, using deterrents before invasion (and yes, incursions, too) and rallying Europe BEFORE Putin committed to take Ukraine, could have prevented this slaughter.

The flags, scarfs and stickers for Ukraine were ridiculous. More profoundly stupid than sending blankets.

Back
Top Bottom