• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

sorry for been so cheeky

mikeey

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My American friends i am so sorry for been bad to u wonderfull poeple,i hope
one day that all of us will agree that your soldiers and our the British troups
can come home safely. i hope we can manage it soon,because the blood that
is spilled due to your President who controlls our PM and our country i often
wonder what u good people think about that, Is there away out for us to go back to the way it was before this problem,i hope so,we depend on U, the

USA.

thank U guys

mikeey

mikeey,
The bond between your country and mine is a strong one, and has been for some time. I'm not sure how controlling Bush is to Blair, though. But I do see what you mean. In order to keep the British American Alliance, I guess Blair would have to go along with Bush. I do agree that bringing Democracy to the middle east is a good idea. I do, however, wonder how practical that will be. If only we could get the Muslems to stop hating westerners so much. that would help. I don't know how we could, "go back to the way it was before", though mate. its going to be tough.

mikeey said:
My American friends i am so sorry for been bad to u wonderfull poeple,i hope
one day that all of us will agree that your soldiers and our the British troups
can come home safely. i hope we can manage it soon,because the blood that
is spilled due to your President who controlls our PM and our country i often
wonder what u good people think about that, Is there away out for us to go back to the way it was before this problem,i hope so,we depend on U, the

USA.

thank U guys

mikeey

Which way, before which problem?
Before we had a President who didn't treat terrorism as if it was as plausible as Santa Clause?

I guess because it wasn't on your continent, numerous unanswered attacks were 'the good ol' days'?

Before evolutionally retarded ideologues began killing civilians?

You'll have to go back a long way for that one - probably before your time - and find someone else to blame.

Amazing how people act like terrorism started with George Bush.

t125eagle said:
mikeey,
The bond between your country and mine is a strong one, and has been for some time. I'm not sure how controlling Bush is to Blair, though. But I do see what you mean. In order to keep the British American Alliance, I guess Blair would have to go along with Bush. I do agree that bringing Democracy to the middle east is a good idea. I do, however, wonder how practical that will be. If only we could get the Muslems to stop hating westerners so much. that would help. I don't know how we could, "go back to the way it was before", though mate. its going to be tough.

The mind set that trying to get them to stop hating 'Westerners' is the problem.

Look around, it's not just Westerners they hate; they're not fond of the Easterners either. Buddhists, Christians (Coptics), Jews (loooong before the U.S. was even in existence), anyone who doesn't feel the need to be subjugated to their ideology.

You make it sound as if George Bush didn't ignore terrorism threats also. Cause he did. Clinton was at fault. So was Bush.

I don't even really like clinton that much but I always end up defending him because pro-bushers seek to blame every single problem on him.

FinnMacCool said:
You make it sound as if George Bush didn't ignore terrorism threats also. Cause he did. Clinton was at fault. So was Bush.

I don't even really like clinton that much but I always end up defending
him because pro-bushers seek to blame every single problem on him.

We place blame where blame is do e.g. Clinton/Gorelick memo/able danger debacle.

Ok then you should place equal blame on Bush. He never did anything about terrorism until 9/11 same as anyone else.

FinnMacCool said:
Ok then you should place equal blame on Bush. He never did anything about terrorism until 9/11 same as anyone else.

He was in office for 9 months. There's a huge difference between that and the 8 years Clinton ignored it and it's no where near equal.

Clintons statement of warning Bush about bin Laden sounds like nothing more than very lame damage control.

There isn't a difference at all. If it hadn't been for 9/11 he would've ignored it even further. Isn't that obvious? Bush was warned about it and he ignored it. There is no difference. They both did the same thing.

VTA, going on to Inverness in SCotland to chill out, u are the salt of the earth

and god blesss the rest of u wonderfull people

Mikeey.

FinnMacCool said:

I don't even really like clinton that much but I always end up defending him because pro-bushers seek to blame every single problem on him.

If I need to defend myself here, I have blamed evey administration since Carter...

Clinton is used for two reasons...

1)Attacks were done during his administration that he didn't respond to.

2)More recent history...A lot of college-aged and younger people here...When Bush41 was President, you were 3 years old...

VTA said:
I guess because it wasn't on your continent

Wow. Someone failed history :\

To make the claim that Europe doesn't know what terrorism is because they were on a different continent when 9/11 happened is so dumb it makes my head hurt.

Europe has been dealing with terrorism before our country even was a twinkle in the eyes of our our nation's forefathers.

I know that simple information is tought to get... that's why it's always hidden in books! But I promise, if you read, it will prevent such idiocies like the one you just said from coming out of your mouth!

cnredd said:
If I need to defend myself here, I have blamed evey administration since Carter...

Clinton is used for two reasons...

1)Attacks were done during his administration that he didn't respond to.

2)More recent history...A lot of college-aged and younger people here...When Bush41 was President, you were 3 years old...

1) To say that Clinton didn't respond is a little harsh. But granted, he didn't respond with nearly as much force as Bushie Jr. did. Whether that force was directed in the proper places and thru the proper channels is up to debate.

2) Not sure what this "argument" is trying to get at. Implication on this topic?

IValueFreedom said:
Wow. Someone failed history :\

To make the claim that Europe doesn't know what terrorism is because they were on a different continent when 9/11 happened is so dumb it makes my head hurt.

Europe has been dealing with terrorism before our country even was a twinkle in the eyes of our our nation's forefathers.

I know that simple information is tought to get... that's why it's always hidden in books! But I promise, if you read, it will prevent such idiocies like the one you just said from coming out of your mouth!

Nice of you to grab a snip and attempt to make a point with it.
But unfortunately for you, it speaks to a specific... In speaking of what the Modern, Civilized world is dealing with; with our pal mikeey trying to make a case for America being war mongers, despite America's decision to side step the issue of many attacks against America and it's interests during Clintons years, I find it odd that someone, obviously in some golden land that hasn't dealt with terrorism during that time, finds those years to be a better time.

I myself don't.

FinnMacCool said:
There isn't a difference at all. If it hadn't been for 9/11 he would've ignored it even further. Isn't that obvious? Bush was warned about it and he ignored it. There is no difference. They both did the same thing.

No difference between 9 months and 8 years? That's faulty math, Finn.
Did your crystal ball tell you what Bush was going to do during his term?

When the cry to denounce Bush is on the plate, the plan to invade Iraq before 9/11 is so readily on everyones lips, yet when the failings of the previous administration are brought to bear, it's instantly forgotten.

It's not even close; much more damage was done by our previous Presidents decision to ignore this problem.

mikeey said:
VTA, going on to Inverness in SCotland to chill out, u are the salt of the earth

and god blesss the rest of u wonderfull people

Mikeey.

Have a good time... wish I was going...

Back
Top Bottom