• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sorry conservatives the IRS scandal is dead and gone.

Well in all fairness the FBI is under the purview of the Justice Dept and its director is directly appointed by the POTUS and confirmed by the Senate.

Good point.

Really great post. I couldn't agree more, and I am disgusted by this scandal along with the other "mistakes" that have taken place under this administration. It is completely inexcusable, and anyone trying to excuse it is either a partisan hack or a complete and utter moron. It's quite obvious what was happening here.

Yeah, it also upsets me when conservative republicans and Bush appointees in the IRS run rogue operations against people.

IRS Scandal » EXPOSED: IRS Pays Hundreds Of Employess To Do No Work For IRS, But For Leftis...

By Jake Hammer
7-3-13

" IRS Scandal » EXPOSED: IRS Pays Hundreds Of Employess To Do No Work For IRS, But For Leftist Labor Union" Republican congressional leaders are demanding to know why the Internal Revenue Service pays hundreds of full-time employees to do union work.

As reported last month by The Daily Caller, 201 IRS employees receive full-time pay while doing no actual work, instead devoting their entire work days to union business.

The revelation came as a result of a Freedom of Information Act request from Americans for Limited Government.

“Recently, it has come to our attention that the IRS pays a number of employees full time salaries, funded by taxpayer dollars, for work they do not perform. Instead, these employees spend their time working for government employee unions,

(Excerpt)

Read more:
EXPOSED: IRS Pays Hundreds Of Employess To Do No Work For IRS, But For Leftist Labor Union « Pat Dollard

I don't think the IRS scandal is going away very soon.

Well in all fairness the FBI is under the purview of the Justice Dept and its director is directly appointed by the POTUS and confirmed by the Senate.

That's true.

My disappointment results, I suspect, as much from my own naiveté as it does from the growth of the corruption.

I think the corruption must have always been there in the back room.

The Obama Administration has decided to just put i in the show windows and posts a sign that says, "yeah! We're doing it. What do you think you can do to stop us?

Watching the riots in Egypt reminded me of the days one of the various splinters of society that Obama and his crew is crapping on rose up to stop a war.

Is there any chance that group and others might rise up to stop a jerk?

I remember AP. I have seen nothing in the so called IRS scandal that is even close. You are right something bad could still come up but I would not hold my breath. I think polititions on both sides learned how to cover their tracks better than tricky Dickey did.

Nixon went through 4 AG's. The current AG is more crooked than a dog's leg.

That is one parallel that even you should be able to see.

You're right: George and Issa need to be deposed under oath to determine the extent of their collusion to create a fake report that left out IRS targeting of progressive organizations. We also need to find out the full role of GOP operatives in the IRS in making this bogus scandal.

We have our work cut out.

To be sure what you are saying: Are you asserting that Daryl Issa directed the work of J. Russell George and corrupted the results of the IRS Audit Report?

Yep, that's what George, who colluded to create a false repot with Issa, has said.

That's the problem. The facts show otherwise.

What facts support this statement?

and isn't convenient that while journalistic standards fall into the sewer that measures are being taken to prevent independent bloggers, citizen investigative journalism if you will, from enjoying the same 1st Amendment rights that are afforded a Free Press?

This fretting and fearful despot has been striving to exert prior restraint on all arms of the press since he took office.

The fawning and adoring press corps is a blight on the nation and should not be afforded the pleasure of continuing to kiss the pitute of this clown in front of us.

As a coordinated band of attacking harpies, they descended on Romney colluding to string questions in an ambush. With Obama, they look the other way and ask questions that make him look good. They should be ashamed, but they are proud of their work which is agenda driven and divorced from the ethics they claim to hold dear.

When our history is written by the Islamists that Obama supports, they will credit the control of the press for the largest part of the success he enjoys in dismantling the hope of mankind.

Yeah, it also upsets me when conservative republicans and Bush appointees in the IRS run rogue operations against people.

Crimes only seem to offend you when they are committed by those with whom you disagree.

Do you think that if an Obama supporter commits a crime, you will insulated from the effects of that crime simply because it was committed by another Liberal?

The Obama Administration has decided to just put i in the show windows and posts a sign that says, "yeah! We're doing it. What do you think you can do to stop us?

This is precisely what he is doing.

We are waisting our time here. The conservatives can't come to terms with the fact the majority of Americans think they are a bunch of far right wingnuts who want to return us to the not so good old days where they had back ally abortions,could beat up gays,throw pot smokers in prison and hunt down illegals with guns. Those days are gone forever and they know it so they hope they can get lucky with a witch hunt instead of changing their ways.

I am observing, on various forums around the internetz, that some far right wingnuts, that ARE starting to come to terms with modern American reality, are threatening violent revolution.

Perhap's it's time for them to all get on a boat and go find another Plymouth Rock? That's what I would do. If I was in a country, that was going away from what I consider to be an unacceptable society, I would wipe the dust from my feet and find another place to be surrounded with like minded people.

Nixon went through 4 AG's. The current AG is more crooked than a dog's leg.

That is one parallel that even you should be able to see.

Do dogs have crooked legs?

I am observing, on various forums around the internetz, that some far right wingnuts, that ARE starting to come to terms with modern American reality, are threatening violent revolution.

Perhap's it's time for them to all get on a boat and go find another Plymouth Rock? That's what I would do. If I was in a country, that was going away from what I consider to be an unacceptable society, I would wipe the dust from my feet and find another place to be surrounded with like minded people.

I would love to see all the Louie Gohmets and Michele Bachmanns move to Antartica and start a new life.

There were 292 Conservative groups targeted and stonewalled. Six Liberal groups were caught in the fishing net, released and approved when the mistake was discovered.

Who said anything about Obama?

When was Nixon proven complicit in the order to get the break in approved? I thought his crime was involved in the cover up.

That is just because Tea Party groups where coming out of the woodwork because Obama was in office. I am sure it would have been the other way around if we had a far right president.

The results of a pole from CNN show that you're not in touch with the reality of the very grave direction opinion is taking with regard to this scandal.

The public knows that what you are saying is empty and believable only with delusion. The administration is circling the drain and the wider knowledge of this combined with the upcoming outrage over the swindle of Obamacare will combine for some very interesting days in the west Wing.

It's difficult to measure whether this gang is more corrupt or more incompetent. Either way, it's obvious they are lying about everything they are doing and saying all the time in every way.

Another parallel to Nixon. "The Credibility Gap". Can't blame them, though, With the truth being what it is, how could you expect them to reveal it?

CNN Poll: Did White House order IRS targeting? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

<snip>
Last month only 37% of the public thought that the IRS controversy led to the White House, with 55% saying that agency officials acted on their own without direct orders from Washington. Now the number who say the White House directed that IRS program has increased 10 points, to 47%, virtually the same as the 49% who believe the IRS agents acted on their own.
<snip>

It is too late my friend. Obama is here to stay and Hillary is next. The right wing is being drug down by the crazies in their own party and they have ticked off every group in the country that is not white and 50+ males. If that does not change the GOP will not win the whitehouse and you know it as well as I do.

I totally agree, but as long as the press is basically on his side, there is little that can be done as most think everything is normal...

Bingo AP. As long as the press is on the side of the left there is little chance of ruining a Dem in the Whitehouse. As a liberal do you like Obama AP? I think he is doing a good job in spite of divided government and the mudslinging campain by the right.

It is too late my friend. Obama is here to stay and Hillary is next. The right wing is being drug down by the crazies in their own party and they have ticked off every group in the country that is not white and 50+ males. If that does not change the GOP will not win the whitehouse and you know it as well as I do.

I don't think that this will be taken down Obama. I also don't think hillary will make it through the Dem primaries when the Benghazi questions start to fly in earnest. The rest of the world and the Obama foreign policy as enacted by Hillary from the re-set with Russia to the assassination of the ambassador was an unmitigated disaster that has led to a flood of hatred from all corners of the gloge and has astonishingly made us hated by all of the factions in Egypt. That is almost impossible, but obamma and hillary teamed up to make it happen.

The only thing on the planet that is run more poorly than the Obama foreign policy is the GOP.

Time to quote the Queen song "Another one bites the dust". The IRS was looking at progressive groups too and the head of the Ohio branch of the IRS was ran by a Conservative. Boehner and Issa both look like a couple of idiots. Nice try GOP. I guess you will have to change your redneck ways after all to beat Hillary next time.

Logical Fallacy: Tu Quoque

Just because they also wrongfully targeted progressives does not render the scandal dead nor does it render an investigation and remedy to the politicization of the IRS unwarranted.

Just because they aren't (only) targeting me doesn't mean I shouldn't be opposed to it. So spare me the "nothing to see here" tripe.

Last edited:
is there evidence that liberal groups applications got shelved for years and were forced to answer the same intrusive questions that conservative groups were forced to answer?

Time to quote the Queen song "Another one bites the dust". The IRS was looking at progressive groups too and the head of the Ohio branch of the IRS was ran by a Conservative. Boehner and Issa both look like a couple of idiots. Nice try GOP. I guess you will have to change your redneck ways after all to beat Hillary next time.

If true, this expands the severity of the IRS scandal, not make it go away. Put down the joint and stop by for a visit in the real world.

Back
Top Bottom