• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sorry conservatives the IRS scandal is dead and gone.

Are you quoting Elmer Fudd (Ross Perot). That dog does hunt and the witch hunt has failed.

Why do you think the obvious corruption of this agency is not corruption?

I have my friend. The Scandal is over. Even Issa knows it.

Yeah, it's funny. As the facts came out and it became clear Russel George had colluded with Issa to make a fake report, things got complicated and suddenly, Issa didn't want to talk about the IRS scandal anymore. Looks like its been relegated to the ghetto of Fox News like the rest of Issa's investigations.

One more phony scandal from the arsonist car-thief.

You seem real anxious to stop the search before anything gets found.

This was pretty much the stance of Haldeman in 1972.

First of all Nixon ordered a criminal act and got caught redhanded. Obama has covered is tracks if he did anything at all. Tell me why progressive groups where targeted just like right wing groups. Tell me why the guy who approved it was a conservative. No scandal here.

First of all Nixon ordered a criminal act and got caught redhanded. Obama has covered is tracks if he did anything at all. Tell me why progressive groups where targeted just like right wing groups. Tell me why the guy who approved it was a conservative. No scandal here.

It took two years for the Watergate facts to surface, and if I'm not mistaken, count two of the impeachment indictment had to do with improper use of the IRS and other government agencies for political purposes...

Yeah, it's funny. As the facts came out and it became clear Russel George had colluded with Issa to make a fake report, things got complicated and suddenly, Issa didn't want to talk about the IRS scandal anymore.

One more phony scandal from the arsonist car-thief.

We are waisting our time here. The conservatives can't come to terms with the fact the majority of Americans think they are a bunch of far right wingnuts who want to return us to the not so good old days where they had back ally abortions,could beat up gays,throw pot smokers in prison and hunt down illegals with guns. Those days are gone forever and they know it so they hope they can get lucky with a witch hunt instead of changing their ways.

It took two years for the Watergate facts to surface, and if I'm not mistaken, count two of the impeachment indictment had to do with improper use of the IRS and other government agencies for political purposes...

I remember AP. I have seen nothing in the so called IRS scandal that is even close. You are right something bad could still come up but I would not hold my breath. I think polititions on both sides learned how to cover their tracks better than tricky Dickey did.

I remember AP. I have seen nothing in the so called IRS scandal that is even close. You are right something bad could still come up but I would not hold my breath. I think polititions on both sides learned how to cover their tracks better than tricky Dickey did.

There has not been a completed investigation, so we'll just have to be patient and not jump to conclusions...

The facts now point to collusion between Issa and George to make a fake report, so be careful what you wish for.

There has not been a completed investigation, so we'll just have to be patient and not jump to conclusions...

You're right: George and Issa need to be deposed under oath to determine the extent of their collusion to create a fake report that left out IRS targeting of progressive organizations. We also need to find out the full role of GOP operatives in the IRS in making this bogus scandal.

We have our work cut out.

I think Issa has already screwed it up and basically said he has nothing.

Now that a suit has been filed, I'm not sure it would be proper to do so...

Civil litigation doesn't preempt criminal investigation.

But here's the thing people never stop to realize. The judicial branch interprets the law, the legislative branch makes the law, and the executive branch enforces the law. It has already been shown that the Executive Branch is under no Constitutional obligation to enforce the law, only that should it decide to, that it holds the authority to do so.

What this means is the executive branch can allow for as much criminality as it wants. Obama is showing his administration IS above the law because it is the branch of government his Administration fall under which carries out the function of enforcement.

So long as Dems hold the Senate and the GOP worry more about pander and platitudes, Obama can do as he pleases.

Civil litigation doesn't preempt criminal investigation.

But here's the thing people never stop to realize. The judicial branch interprets the law, the legislative branch makes the law, and the executive branch enforces the law. It has already been shown that the Executive Branch is under no Constitutional obligation to enforce the law, only that should it decide to, that it holds the authority to do so.

What this means is the executive branch can allow for as much criminality as it wants. Obama is showing his administration IS above the law because it is the branch of government his Administration fall under which carries out the function of enforcement.

So long as Dems hold the Senate and the GOP worry more about pander and platitudes, Obama can do as he pleases.

I totally agree, but as long as the press is basically on his side, there is little that can be done as most think everything is normal...

Well, this is interesting.

Democrats have complained that George's investigation was one-sided. George's report, released in May, detailed IRS mistreatment of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status and was released days after the IRS acknowledged and apologized for those activities.

The report came out AFTER the IRS acknowledged the activities. So they admit it. And I couldn't agree more with this:

Werfel also came under Republican fire for his agency's request for a $1 billion budget increase next year, about 10 percent, with several lawmakers recounting revelations about costly agency conventions and videos some workers made.

"Until the IRS proves that it can responsibly manage its current funds, the IRS will not see one more dime in taxpayer funding," Camp said.

Yea!

I totally agree, but as long as the press is basically on his side, there is little that can be done as most think everything is normal...

and isn't convenient that while journalistic standards fall into the sewer that measures are being taken to prevent independent bloggers, citizen investigative journalism if you will, from enjoying the same 1st Amendment rights that are afforded a Free Press?

There were 292 Conservative groups targeted and stonewalled. Six Liberal groups were caught in the fishing net, released and approved when the mistake was discovered.

Who said anything about Obama?

When was Nixon proven complicit in the order to get the break in approved? I thought his crime was involved in the cover up.

We are waisting our time here. The conservatives can't come to terms with the fact the majority of Americans think they are a bunch of far right wingnuts who want to return us to the not so good old days where they had back ally abortions,could beat up gays,throw pot smokers in prison and hunt down illegals with guns. Those days are gone forever and they know it so they hope they can get lucky with a witch hunt instead of changing their ways.

The results of a pole from CNN show that you're not in touch with the reality of the very grave direction opinion is taking with regard to this scandal.

The public knows that what you are saying is empty and believable only with delusion. The administration is circling the drain and the wider knowledge of this combined with the upcoming outrage over the swindle of Obamacare will combine for some very interesting days in the west Wing.

It's difficult to measure whether this gang is more corrupt or more incompetent. Either way, it's obvious they are lying about everything they are doing and saying all the time in every way.

Another parallel to Nixon. "The Credibility Gap". Can't blame them, though, With the truth being what it is, how could you expect them to reveal it?

CNN Poll: Did White House order IRS targeting? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

<snip>
Last month only 37% of the public thought that the IRS controversy led to the White House, with 55% saying that agency officials acted on their own without direct orders from Washington. Now the number who say the White House directed that IRS program has increased 10 points, to 47%, virtually the same as the 49% who believe the IRS agents acted on their own.
<snip>

The facts now point to collusion between Issa and George to make a fake report, so be careful what you wish for.

Weren't you just last week crowing that George had exonerated the IRS of any wrong doing?

Yet another scandal.

It's very sad. I remember when the FBI was the Gold Standard for incorruptibility.

Now it's just another gang of bribed crooks.

As a country, we are just plain screwed. There is not a single part of anything in Washington DC government that I see as being run in an honest and fair manner.

Last edited:
The results of a pole from CNN show that you're not in touch with the reality of the very grave direction opinion is taking with regard to this scandal.

The public knows that what you are saying is empty and believable only with delusion. The administration is circling the drain and the wider knowledge of this combined with the upcoming outrage over the swindle of Obamacare will combine for some very interesting days in the west Wing.

It's difficult to measure whether this gang is more corrupt or more incompetent. Either way, it's obvious they are lying about everything they are doing and saying all the time in every way.

Another parallel to Nixon. "The Credibility Gap". Can't blame them, though, With the truth being what it is, how could you expect them to reveal it?

CNN Poll: Did White House order IRS targeting? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

<snip>
Last month only 37% of the public thought that the IRS controversy led to the White House, with 55% saying that agency officials acted on their own without direct orders from Washington. Now the number who say the White House directed that IRS program has increased 10 points, to 47%, virtually the same as the 49% who believe the IRS agents acted on their own.
<snip>

Really great post. I couldn't agree more, and I am disgusted by this scandal along with the other "mistakes" that have taken place under this administration. It is completely inexcusable, and anyone trying to excuse it is either a partisan hack or a complete and utter moron. It's quite obvious what was happening here.

Yet another scandal.

It's very sad. I remember when the FBI was the Gold Standard for incorruptibility.

Now it's just another gang of bribed crooks.

As a country, we are just plain screwed. There is not a single part of anything in Washington DC government that I see as being run in an honest and fair manner.

Well in all fairness the FBI is under the purview of the Justice Dept and its director is directly appointed by the POTUS and confirmed by the Senate.

Back
Top Bottom