• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Soros Backed D.A: 'Looters who Need Stoken Items Should be Given Special Treatment'

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
And here we go again folks. Another District Attorney who swept into office off of George Soros' mega bucks is advocating for abandoning the law in favor of letting lawbreakers go free.

A California district attorney allegedly issued guidance to law enforcement in her county that required them to consider if looters needed their loot before the police charged them with a crime. Costa County District Attorney Diana Becton’s guidance reportedly also included consideration of whether “the target business open or closed” at the time of the looting and “what was the manner and means” by which the looter gained entry to the target business.

Becton is the same district attorney who charged a couple who painted over a message promoting Black Lives Matter on the street in front of the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse with a “hate crime,” as Djhjmedia pointed out. Becton coauthored an op-ed in Politico with district attorneys Kim Foxx of Chicago, St. Louis’ Kim Gardner and two other district attorneys, in which they wrote, “Our criminal legal system was constructed to control Black people and people of color. Its injustices are not new but are deeply rooted in our country’s shameful history of slavery and legacy of racial violence. The system is acting exactly as it was intended to, and that is the problem. We should know: We’re Black, we’re female, and we’re prosecutors. We work as the gatekeepers in this flawed system. And we have some ideas for how to fix it.”

Report: CA District Attorney Issues Guidance To Police: Consider Needs Of Looters Before Charging Them | The Daily Wire

Becton, Foxx, and Gardner were all treated to lavish spending privileges courtesy of George Soros.

Soros' quest to fill District Attorney offices with extreme left wing justice warriors has been so successful, because he simply gives his protégés 10 times the amount of money that their opponents are able to raise.

Billionaire Soros backs plagiarist in Contra Costa DA’s race: candidate of ‘integrity’

I've never seen a more powerful Jew.

You: "omg it's a conspiracy theory"
*Irrefutable proof is made public knowledge*
You: "so what if it's true? we need justice for fill in the blank!"

It's a trick.

Come now. Sheldon Adelson? If rumors are to be believed the only reason Americans are pro-Israel is because he apparently bribed everyone to be. :roll:

Come now. Sheldon Adelson? If rumors are to be believed the only reason Americans are pro-Israel is because he apparently bribed everyone to be. :roll:

I like how you're rocking the retro GOP think tank logic- 'you can say or do anything you want to the average American, but don't you dare insult our billionaires.'

You: "omg it's a conspiracy theory"
*Irrefutable proof is made public knowledge*
You: "so what if it's true? we need justice for fill in the blank!"

It's a trick.

he's like the Jew Superman. he's everywhere and in charge of everything.

whoa. that's a weird comparison.

george, the jew who is blamed for thousands of things.
sheldon, the guy who argued with Trump.

And here we go again folks. Another District Attorney who swept into office off of George Soros' mega bucks is advocating for abandoning the law in favor of letting lawbreakers go free.

Becton, Foxx, and Gardner were all treated to lavish spending privileges courtesy of George Soros.

Soros' quest to fill District Attorney offices with extreme left wing justice warriors has been so successful, because he simply gives his protégés 10 times the amount of money that their opponents are able to raise.

Billionaire Soros backs plagiarist in Contra Costa DA’s race: candidate of ‘integrity’

You love misrepresenting the truth don't you, because nowhere in her guidelines does it say that if a looter "needs" the item it will not get prosecuted.

Also why would Soros back her? Last election she ran unopposed so she did not need any backing.

You love misrepresenting the truth don't you, because nowhere in her guidelines does it say that if a looter "needs" the item it will not get prosecuted.

Also why would Soros back her? Last election she ran unopposed so she did not need any backing.

Soros dropped $2.7 million dollars into the California DA races, and $275,000 into Becton's race.

And she did say that she would make decisions on looting according to each situation.

DA's policy to consider looters' 'needs' before charging them

That kind of reasoning by the honorable district attorney is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to future law enforcement.

As this country continues its inexorable population change, certain groups will be excused for all kinds of behavior that are currently considered unlawful.

People (and business people in general) have a stark choice: Accept these changes or move to another country.

Soros dropped $2.7 million dollars into the California DA races, and $275,000 into Becton's race.

And she did say that she would make decisions on looting according to each situation.

DA's policy to consider looters' 'needs' before charging them

In an emailed statement, Becton’s spokesperson told Snopes:

“We evaluate all possible factors in reviewing whether or not to file criminal charges. We always have an ethical responsibility to ensure when filing a case we can meet the high burden of proving the case to a jury and prove the facts underlining the alleged criminal offense beyond a reasonable doubt. The factors outlined in the policy are similar for our review of [other] criminal offenses — examining the intent and reasons why a crime was committed along with all the other available evidence.”

Or as Snopes writes:

The function of Becton’s document was to provide her prosecutors with black-and-white guidelines in order to help them decide whether to charge an arrested person with looting, or charge them with the underlying burglary or theft offenses. It was simply not the case that the document required or even advised prosecutors not to go ahead with a looting charge if the suspect was found to have been motivated by “personal need.”

It was also not the case that suspects would go free entirely if a prosecutor decided not to charge an individual with looting, after considering the five factors set out in the guidelines. In that scenario, the individual would still be charged with the underlying offense of burglary or theft, just not the upgraded charge of looting.

Thus the Daily Wire erred in claiming that Becton’s guidelines required law enforcement “to consider if looters needed their loot before the police charged them with a crime.” Similarly, the blog USSA News falsely claimed that Becton had “openly admitted that she’s going to look the other way at looting in her jurisdiction as long as the people involved can prove they needed the Louis Vuitton purse and weren’t stealing it for personal gain.”

Did a California DA Say Looting Is 'Okay' If Suspects 'Need' What They Steal?

he's like the Jew Superman. he's everywhere and in charge of everything.

Actually he pays others to run his organizations. He's 90 now, so he's probably not involved in the day to operations of Open Society as he once was. It's funny how the only defense you can muster for Gyorgy is that he's Jewish, therefore any criticism of him is faux pas. I don't have to do much work with guys like you around.

..help them decide whether to charge an arrested person with looting, or charge them with the underlying burglary or theft offenses.

I've edited your quote down to just the description that illustrates the deception in your posts, and in the Snopes article. By choosing to charge a looter with simple theft, she is reducing severity of the crime from a felony to a misdemeanor. I live in California Peter; most misdemeanors are essentially not punished to any real extent. The trend of mislabeling felonies as misdemeanor crimes is a big problem in California, as serious criminals are allowed to get away with crime while serving no jail time, and the legitimacy of our crime statistics are then altered by counting serious crimes as minor crimes.

I've edited your quote down to just the description that illustrates the deception in your posts, and in the Snopes article. By choosing to charge a looter with simple theft, she is reducing severity of the crime from a felony to a misdemeanor. I live in California Peter; most misdemeanors are essentially not punished to any real extent. The trend of mislabeling felonies as misdemeanor crimes is a big problem in California, as serious criminals are allowed to get away with crime while serving no jail time, and the legitimacy of our crime statistics are then altered by counting serious crimes as minor crimes.

No, the issue is that when you shoplift/steal from a shop during an state of emergency, even if there is looting going on less than 1 mile away, it would be wrong to prosecute that person as a looter. Making generalized decisions about how to prosecute someone might lead to people being found not guilty because they were being charged under the wrong criminal statute. That is what this prosecutor was warning her staff of. Not what the story claimed she was doing with her directions as to how to prosecute.

It must really chap your ass that a tiny tiny fraction of the world's population rules and dominates your life.

No, the issue is that when you shoplift/steal from a shop during an state of emergency, even if there is looting going on less than 1 mile away, it would be wrong to prosecute that person as a looter. Making generalized decisions about how to prosecute someone might lead to people being found not guilty because they were being charged under the wrong criminal statute. That is what this prosecutor was warning her staff of. Not what the story claimed she was doing with her directions as to how to prosecute.

No one mistakes a shoplifter with a looter Peter. The typical shoplifter steals a few items from a convenience store, and isn't prosecuted anyway under current California law. In the area of CA where I live, shop keepers do not bother calling the police on shoplifters, because they simply won't respond unless the theft amounted to $950 or more in lost goods. You expecting me to believe that Soros' hand picked district attorney found it necessary to write new guidelines, when she knows damn well that shoplifters are rarely ever punished to begin with.

It must really chap your ass that a tiny tiny fraction of the world's population rules and dominates your life.

At least you're no longer lying about Soros' quest to manipulate local District Attorney office's by buying elections.
Someone pegged some sense into you. I'd like to think it was my threads that did it.

At least you're no longer lying about Soros' quest to manipulate local District Attorney office's by buying elections.
Someone pegged some sense into you. I'd like to think it was my threads that did it.
Yeah, I bet you would.:lamo:lamo

No one mistakes a shoplifter with a looter Peter. The typical shoplifter steals a few items from a convenience store, and isn't prosecuted anyway under current California law. In the area of CA where I live, shop keepers do not bother calling the police on shoplifters, because they simply won't respond unless the theft amounted to $950 or more in lost goods. You expecting me to believe that Soros' hand picked district attorney found it necessary to write new guidelines, when she knows damn well that shoplifters are rarely ever punished to begin with.

Except there are more than shoplifters here, and again, this was an explanation about a prosecution advice from a DA to DA's that work for her or are under her. Not a weird or strange thing as most likely this situation had not happened before.

And hand picked district attorney, your Soros obsession rears it's ugly head again.

I don't understand.

You guys let unlimited money flow into politics and then you start moaning when someone throws a ton of money into politics?
Soros can spend his money how he likes and it's not like the Republicans are exactly poor impoverished orphans begging for scraps, they have megabucks donors as well.

If you want money out of politics by all means go down the same route as the UK and have strict rules about political funding and how much can be spent on advertising otherwise stop complaining when someone with a different political opinion to you decides to make it rain on causes they think are worth spending money on.

Actually, it looks like she wants to keep the official stats on 'looting' low. It doesn't look good when the number of arrests for looting is so high.

Back
Top Bottom