• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sopranos/Big Love

getinvolved

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
anyone have any plans for the HBO premieres tonight?? My buddy has a bar doentoen and he is having a big Sopranos party. Can't wait to see what happens in the first five minutes. I'm pretty anxious to see Big Love right afterwards, heard its kind of edgy. We'll see...so whats everyone else's deal??

getinvolved said:
anyone have any plans for the HBO premieres tonight?? My buddy has a bar doentoen and he is having a big Sopranos party. Can't wait to see what happens in the first five minutes. I'm pretty anxious to see Big Love right afterwards, heard its kind of edgy. We'll see...so whats everyone else's deal??

I opt not to pay for HBO for one show. I instead use "Kazaa" and download certain shows after they have aired. I will get to see it in a couple days.

Ah Gysgt, you probably have about a thousand things of spyware on your computer. I used to use KAzaa but I stopped when I found like 400 adware **** on my computer.

GySgt said:
I opt not to pay for HBO for one show. I instead use "Kazaa" and download certain shows after they have aired. I will get to see it in a couple days.
*cough* Limewire *cough*

FinnMacCool said:
Ah Gysgt, you probably have about a thousand things of spyware on your computer. I used to use KAzaa but I stopped when I found like 400 adware **** on my computer.

A college professor that teaches computer applications told me about "Ad-Aware." It is free and downloadable on download.com (I went ahead a payed for the full version). It searches my registry and produces any terrorist spyware programs that have infiltrated my perimeter. It then removes it to a folder I call Guantanomo and then I zap them off. I'm good.

Yeah, Limewire has worked well for me...I mean..for my friend...So, whatever you used- did anyone watch regardless? I thought they were both incredible. The preshow was pretty sweet too. sunday is my new funday.

Uncle Jr. capped Tony! WTF?:shock:

I imagine the Morman's are gonna be pretty angry at Big Love. Look for more complaints to arise on that horizon.

<cough> limewire <cough>

I know nothing!

My DVR (or HBO) cut off the last minutes of the Sopranos when I was watching it, but I also recorded Big Love but haven't watched it yet (so maybe the last minutes are on that). I'm definitely going to have to re-watch it as there was so much going on.

As for cable, I complained a lot to Comcast and managed to get 6 months of HBO and Starz free (which is part of their new subscriber specials, but I've had 'em for years).

By the way, you guys are stagnating the worlds economy by downloading free music and movies from kazaa and limewire. . .I am shocked and ashamed.

FinnMacCool said:
By the way, you guys are stagnating the worlds economy by downloading free music and movies from kazaa and limewire. . .I am shocked and ashamed.

It's what they get for overcharging for a CD and for overcharging popcorn and soda at the concession stand.

GySgt said:
It's what they get for overcharging for a CD and for overcharging popcorn and soda at the concession stand.

Wow Gysgt. I never thought me and you would actually be agreeable to something.

Yeah I agree. Stuff like that is just a way of not getting yourself ripped off. I also like hurting the music industry cause they're a bunch of ****ing pricks.

FinnMacCool said:
Wow Gysgt. I never thought me and you would actually be agreeable to something.

Yeah I agree. Stuff like that is just a way of not getting yourself ripped off. I also like hurting the music industry cause they're a bunch of ****ing pricks.

People always agree with me sooner or later.

Sopranos - still the best TV on TV. Everytime this show comes back on after being away for a while I am reminded of the quality of the writing of this show. There really is nothing on network TV that comes close to the quality of the Sopranos.

Big Love - on the other hand, major disappointment. If the pilot is any indication of the rest of the program it is headed for a big crash and burn.
This is certainly no "Six feet Under". The characters were so poorly written and the writing was so unbelievable that I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying this show....but then again, I am surprized by what a lot of people like.

HBO really needs a series like "Sex & the city". Since that program left the air, HBO has been lacking a clever and humorous program. Even the last season of Curb your enthusiasm was not very good.

disneydude said:
Big Love - on the other hand, major disappointment. If the pilot is any indication of the rest of the program it is headed for a big crash and burn.
This is certainly no "Six feet Under". The characters were so poorly written and the writing was so unbelievable that I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying this show....but then again, I am surprized by what a lot of people like.

Booo, on that. did you check out the second episode? I think it jsut takes a bit to get into all of the charcters as they continue to build them up the family dynamic. I like it more and more each episode. Here's a good article I found on it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/reviews/review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002155333

I'm continuing to be increasingly addicted to these shows. I love this back to back pairing. Anyone else still watching?

If so you might want to swing by the website. Pretty nice, and updated weekly if not daily. Interviews with the characters and all those goodies. Just somethign to do when you want the boss to think you're working on that big report.

http://www.hbo.com/biglove/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category0_show1

I am extremely disappointed in the Soprano's this season. I mean.....come on, what the hell is going on with this gay love affair this gangster is having, first it's not at all believable, and second, it's a distraction from the show entirely. I mean, does this Hollywood P.C have to enter every single form of entertainment, I just feel I am being taught a lesson on the show recently, and I don't need one. Next, Tony will have to have a Captain who is black, one who is Asian, another from Mexico, it's getting ridiculous. It would not bother me so much, had they not continued to follow his "love life" from one episode to the next, now we had to see the fat pig making out in some picturesque field, with his new fireman, give me a break. What a way to screw up a great show, thanks HBO.:roll:

I completely agree. It seems unnecessary and rather forced. If there's a marriage at the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised. Blah.

I guess Soprano's just has me wrapped around its finger...there is a do no worng factor me. But it certinally is a different type of story then I'm used to. I will say tho that i never thought I's say it, but Big Love is my new favorite. The storyline gets better every week.

Back
Top Bottom