• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Songs that were old, when I was young. For some reason, I liked them.

This is the first 'oldest' song I remember hearing and loving. One of the nuns at school taught "music class" which basically consisted of her playing George Gershwin on the accordian.

"Summertime" was her favorite and mine too.

That was painful to hear but gets points for the pure chutzpah of doing it.
This was popular freshman year:

Have to stay to the end......

I love this song, but it's a tough listen for me...my grandfather had an incredible voice, and would sing at church fundraisers. I know, sounds a little cringey, but he could have gone places if he'd wanted to. His son, my uncle, inherited his voice and went on to be an opera singer. But that wasn't for my grandfather, he was a tough guy. ;) But he could sing, total crooner, could imitate Bing Crosby perfectly. I remember him singing this, and it being my favorite. He and I were really close...he was probably more of a dad than my own for a big part of my growing up....but still a grandpa, who always made time for me, showing me stuff, bushwacking across northern Ontario or exploring Georgian Bay in his boat. Damn, I miss that guy. Wish my son could have known him. He was one of a kind.

Anyway...here's a song that was old when I was young, but I liked it anyway.

Last edited:
This came out before my parents were even born. I started listening to it because Im doing research for a historical novel, but now I just cant stop listening to it. Pretty awesome.

(First time I actually heard of this song was when Daffy Duck sang it lol)

These fellows were a comedy song double act in the forties The bearded one sang from a wheelchair while the other one played piano. None of which I knew at the time form hearing them on Children's radio slot on Saturday morning.

The first two, I do not remember where I first heard them. Likely one of my parents records, but it could be from a movie. Perhaps both.
They both have an 'Old West' feel to them

Tumbling Tumbleweeds

Cool Clear Water

When I was younger I only listened to old songs. It didn't seem right to have new rock blasting from the speakers in my old cars.

Now the '80s music is old enough for me to listen to, and it isn't half bad.

many of my favorite albums were recorded before i was born. perhaps i'm an old soul, or maybe i just like cool albums.

And WWI version of this song:

Back
Top Bottom