• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Songs more memorable than their movie/tv show or tv music/movie music most epic

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Sometimes songs from television shows are more memorable than the movie shows they come from and sometimes songs are so great you cannot imagine that show or movie without the music used in that show

I will start with a song from a movie that I saw but did not make a great impression on me, unlike the song from that movie

This one is from one of my favorite tv shows back in the day, they used Brother's in Arms in Due South.

Our favorite RMCP officer lures a corrupt politician to the location of the police academy's graduation ceremony because he fears the criminals are too well armed for him and his cop friends. He as an RMCP officer is not allowed a gun and when the situation is at its most dire the cavalry comes to the rescue, great use of a song in a TV show

A so so movie but the song of Peter Cetera and the Glory of Love from karate kid 2 will always be a classic

One of the greatest intro songs of the last few years IMO Do you wanna taste it from Peacemaker

There are some great songs on the sound track of Grease but for me the intro and title song Grease is still the song that makes my heart flutter when I hear it

Not one of the greatest Bond movies (fine of course, it was still a James Bond movie) but the song for Live and Let Die from Paul McCartney and the Wings is epic

Tour of Duty uses one of the best songs ever (and one of the few songs of the Rolling Stones that I love, sorry, Beatles guy here)

Most Elvis movies are forgettable, the man should have never been making movies but music. But some of these movie songs are classic songs like this one

And this song might not be a big hit but I love this song, the movie was crap as he could not act to save his life, but man he was a singer of extraordinary class

Great use of a great song in a movie that I have seen but is not on my "watch again list"

Can you use a better song I doubt it

The following was from a Broadway show that was based on the work of Voltaire. The show stank and was a flop; however the OVERTURE to CANDIDE by Leonard Bernstein lives on and on and on ---- some may remember hearing a portion as the Dick Cavett Show theme:

Last edited:
This song stole the movie. From Deliverance 1972.

Delivernance was a great film. Therefore, I don't agree that dueling banjos was greater than the film itself.

Tour of Duty uses one of the best songs ever (and one of the few songs of the Rolling Stones that I love, sorry, Beatles guy here)

YES, I agree on this one! Lousy show, but great opening, and many great '60s rock and roll and Motown songs in scenes within each episode.

Later on after the series was mastered to DVD for home entertainment release in the US. The studio chose not to pay the additional publishing fees to the various music content owners for the US DVD versons. At the time I was working at a post producton facility in Hollywood, and I had to insert that lousy instramental music over the opening sequences--- and all of the various music parts within each of the vaulted variant masters used for home entertainment release.

The only good part of the original Hawaii 5-0 series was the opening. The show sucked, and Jack Lord one of the worst actors in Hollywood. But the opening song by the Ventures, and the editing done in the opening, was worth watching just that every week, before turning to something else.

The Pink Panther theme more memorable than ALL of the Pink Panther films

Some more of my favorite TV openings from shows I didn't particularly think were very good.

Back
Top Bottom