• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Song Lyrics that make you want to punch radio?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
What song lyrics make you want to lash out and punch the radio?

Not because of who is singing them, or how they're being sung, but just the combination of the words.

For example:

Miranda Lambert's new song "All Kinds Of Kinds".

There's something about that combination of words in her chorus that grate on my nerves really bad.

I know what she's saying, but those words strung together that way are irritating as all get out.

You got anything like that?

Not because of who is singing them, or how they're being sung, but just the combination of the words.

For example:

There's something about that combination of words in her chorus that grate on my nerves really bad.

I know what she's saying, but those words strung together that way are irritating as all get out.

"Bicycle, Bicylce
I want to ride my Bicycle."

Queen

"Hey.......Hey"

Gary Glitter.

"You're having My Baby"

It's not so much a case of my punching the radio so much as my vomiting on it until it is inoperable.

For example:

Pretty much any country music from the last 8 years.

Macarthur Park. Either the original...sung by Richard Harris(think original Dumbeldore in HP films), or the disco remake sung by Donna Summer.

"Someone left a cake out in the rain....I don't think that I can take it, cause it took too long to bake it...and I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaiiiin!"

Just stab me in the neck with a fork.

For example:

Umm . . . none? Ever hear of anger management? :lol: Then, there's always the choice of just not listening.

Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love (Only time will tell if we stand the test of time).

America - A Horse With No Name (There were plants and birds and rocks and things).

Rush - Xanadu (To stand within the Pleasure Dome/Decreed by Kubla Khan/To taste anew the fruits of life/The last immortal man/To find the sacred river Alph/To walk the caves of ice/Oh, I will dine on honeydew/And drink the milk of Paradise).

Jefferson Starship - We Built This City (Someone always playing corporation games/Who cares they’re always changing corporation names/We just want to dance here someone stole the stage/They call us irresponsible write us off the page).

Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love (Muskrat Susie/Muskrat Sam/Do the jitterbug out in muskrat land/And they shimmy/And Sammy's so skinny)

Akey Breaky Heart

That's precisely what I was NOT asking for.
Close. It's actually "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from U2. That makes me want to punch the radio.

Bono sux. The rest of the band is good but his voice is just annoying.

Macarthur Park. Either the original...sung by Richard Harris(think original Dumbeldore in HP films), or the disco remake sung by Donna Summer.

"Someone left a cake out in the rain....I don't think that I can take it, cause it took too long to bake it...and I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaiiiin!"

Just stab me in the neck with a fork.

ranked one of the worst songs to ever make the charts

UP there with "Billy don't be a hero" and "Seasons in the sun"

two that work for me for this topic

Back
Top Bottom