• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sometimes you just have to stand back and says 'thanks'

Fearandloathing

How long is now?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've lost a few wallets in my time, the first I recall was when I was ten. It's been a long time since the last loss, so Friday last, the 20th ended badly when I discovered I'd left my wallet behind.

It was easy to track I had used it to get on the bus so we have a starting place. It was late Friday but I got through to the bus company lost and found then made it into my bank with 1 minute on the clock to get a new debit card.

Monday I learned it takes two full working days for lost items to make it to the lost and found so this morning I called, it was there.
It was when I opened I got the shock I never expected....all the cards AND the $100 in cash were all there.

So, time to pause and ponder human nature, to realize the blessings we have and in this case just to be amazed at something one would never expect.

That is so cool! In this day and age, I would say that is a rarity but it does happen occasionally...

I have recurring nightmares of leaving my purse sitting somewhere and coming back to retrieve it and it's gone...the panic is indescribable...I seldom carry cash but it's such a headache calling and cancelling debit cards and credit cards, and then waiting for them to come in the mail, as well as renewing my driver's license...my thankful moment is when I awaken and realize...it's only a dream...whew!:2dancing:

Losing a wallet is much worse the older one is. There are doubts as to mental fitness and other insecure thoughts. Even the odd ‘misplacemnet’ brings a panic pang!

I've lost a few wallets in my time, the first I recall was when I was ten. It's been a long time since the last loss, so Friday last, the 20th ended badly when I discovered I'd left my wallet behind.

It was easy to track I had used it to get on the bus so we have a starting place. It was late Friday but I got through to the bus company lost and found then made it into my bank with 1 minute on the clock to get a new debit card.

Monday I learned it takes two full working days for lost items to make it to the lost and found so this morning I called, it was there.
It was when I opened I got the shock I never expected....all the cards AND the $100 in cash were all there.

So, time to pause and ponder human nature, to realize the blessings we have and in this case just to be amazed at something one would never expect.

People are still better than all the gloom and doom wants us to think.

People are still better than all the gloom and doom wants us to think.

I don't necessarily believe in karma, but I do believe what goes out from you comes back in similar form. I was called by an agent of the bus company this morning to tell me my wallet had been found. Further amazement, it allowed me to thank them again. Which also warms me and sets me up for a good day

I have discovered that people in public service tend to hear mostly negatives. One positive goes a long way and handing them out costs nothing

I don't necessarily believe in karma, but I do believe what goes out from you comes back in similar form. I was called by an agent of the bus company this morning to tell me my wallet had been found. Further amazement, it allowed me to thank them again. Which also warms me and sets me up for a good day

I have discovered that people in public service tend to hear mostly negatives. One positive goes a long way and handing them out costs nothing

On a tangent, I find that the older I’ve gotten, the less stingy I am in tipping above average service and in praising someone’s performance in service to me. I usually will praise the actions of the person and lastly add that I don’t hesitate to squawk if I’m not pleased, so I should let them know I’m happy/satisfied.

On a tangent, I find that the older I’ve gotten, the less stingy I am in tipping above average service and in praising someone’s performance in service to me. I usually will praise the actions of the person and lastly add that I don’t hesitate to squawk if I’m not pleased, so I should let them know I’m happy/satisfied.

In part it is a way of life for me as I am a recovered addict/alcoholic, however in recent years I have had to access our health system. I have not only found service often above and beyond the call, but that few in the profession get to hear compliments. The most dramatic of incidents being an ambulance rush to hospital and a gurney eye view of emergency responders going about the routine of saving a life.

In my declining years I have take up art, if you have a diagnosis of mental illness and old age they give you free art lessons and it turns out I'm pretty good drawing, who knew? For a few years now I have taken to giving away my drawings at Christmas to the people who serve my medical needs, pharmacists, receptionists through to the people who stick me with needles every three months.

I can easily say the greatest gift I have received are the smiles on the faces of those who receive an 'original'.

In part it is a way of life for me as I am a recovered addict/alcoholic, however in recent years I have had to access our health system. I have not only found service often above and beyond the call, but that few in the profession get to hear compliments. The most dramatic of incidents being an ambulance rush to hospital and a gurney eye view of emergency responders going about the routine of saving a life.

In my declining years I have take up art, if you have a diagnosis of mental illness and old age they give you free art lessons and it turns out I'm pretty good drawing, who knew? For a few years now I have taken to giving away my drawings at Christmas to the people who serve my medical needs, pharmacists, receptionists through to the people who stick me with needles every three months.

I can easily say the greatest gift I have received are the smiles on the faces of those who receive an 'original'.

The Tavern has a "Posters' Art Thread". If you ever decide to post some of your work, I look forward to seeing it!

My stepson just got a new job. Got his first paycheck a couple weeks ago. Cashed it where he worked. Dropped it in the parking lot apparently and it was gone, gone, gone. ID and every last cent of his first paycheck.

I hate to wish ill but I can't help but want the finder of the wallet have had a bad damn several days spending his money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom