• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sometimes, guns are fun.

You really believe that? The history of jurisprudence in this country makes your statement obviously untrue.

So you support the Constitutionality of limiting abortions to six weeks after conception?
No it doesnt. You simply dont understand how the laws work. If a law is currently in place and is not overturned it is presumed constitutional

That is not opinion ......it is fact.

As of today the law in texas on abortions is presumed constitutional

You dont get to determine what is unconstitutional and you dont speak for America
Considering the volume of firearm sales in recent years, his views are more reflective of the constitution and Americans at large than yours.

And no individual speaks for the whole of the country anyway. Biden could, but he's too mentally diminished to fulfill that role.

Considering the volume of firearm sales in recent years, his views are more reflective of the constitution and Americans at large than yours.

And no individual speaks for the whole of the country anyway. Biden could, but he's too mentally diminished to fulfill that role.
I am not claiming a opinion

I am stating a fact

Still upset you lost an election? Lol

Speaking as a liberal...yes. And it is fun.

In fact, quite a few liberals indulge in the fun. Ask Rachael Madow: she likes to hunt...

That's not the issue liberals have: we are concerned about crime and safety concerning firearms. Not how much fun it is.
We have laws for that?

Nothing's wrong with that. The thing is that firearm crimes are mostly done by folks with guns against other folks with guns, with a dose of those who randomly start shooting people.

While there are stories of someone defending themselves with a firearm (good for them), that is not the majority of how gun crimes go down. When you live in rural Midwest, the odds of you needing that protection is low. When you are in a city like Baltimore...as an average citizen who is not a criminal...it actually isn't that much higher. If you have to use your firearm in Baltimore for self-protection its because you are in a place where you are buying or selling and are defending yourself from other drug dealers. NOT because you happen to be walking down the Inner Harbor.

Honestly, I personally don't mind CCW. But there comes a point when you are going to get laughed at by the criminals, the cops and the locals because you feel the need for protection when you go to the aquarium. It really is silly.
Most liberals I know feel similarly. Liberals arent the problem...the problem is leftists. Most liberals understand that firearms dont walk around looking for the opportunity to kill humans...but that the culprit is invariably...of the human variety. Trageting guns is foolish. Demonizing firearms is ineffective in preventing violent crime. The answer is no different than the solution found most effective to fight organized crime...RICO statutes for gang members and mandatory minimum sentencing for violent criminals.

Most liberals I know feel similarly. Liberals arent the problem...the problem is leftists. Most liberals understand that firearms dont walk around looking for the opportunity to kill humans...but that the culprit is invariably...of the human variety. Trageting guns is foolish. Demonizing firearms is ineffective in preventing violent crime. The answer is no different than the solution found most effective to fight organized crime...RICO statutes for gang members and mandatory minimum sentencing for violent criminals.
The problem is no state is willing to pay for that

Its massively expensive

I am not claiming a opinion

I am stating a fact

Still upset you lost an election? Lol
The fact is that legal gun sales prove you wrong. Of course, you'd have to understand the nature of governance here in the US for that to be meaningful, and the tenor of your post proves you don't. Sometimes the squeeky wheel just gets replaced.

And I have never desired political office, and have no interest in campaigning for one, so I've lost nothing on that front.

The fact is that legal gun sales prove you wrong. Of course, you'd have to understand the nature of governance here in the US for that to be meaningful, and the tenor of your post proves you don't. Sometimes the squeeky wheel just gets replaced.

And I have never desired political office, and have no interest in campaigning for one, so I've lost nothing on that front.
Prove what wrong exactly? Quote exactly what I said and show me how it is proven wrong

The fact is only a third of households own guns

Prove what wrong exactly? Quote exactly what I said and show me how it is proven wrong

The fact is only a third of households own guns
I already proved your statement in error. That you expressed your opinion while attempting to deny the validity of another opinion was sufficient.

That perhaps a third of the population owns legally registered fire arms is only a portion of those owning fire arms - an inconvenient reality.

I already proved your statement in error. That you expressed your opinion while attempting to deny the validity of another opinion was sufficient.

That perhaps a third of the population owns legally registered fire arms is only a portion of those owning fire arms - an inconvenient reality.
Nope. You presented no facts

Dismissed

The most fun my friends had when we were all young was throwing M80s in the peoples backyards.

What’s wrong with defending yourself on the street from violent attacks? Is submission the answer?
Do you need to do that? Gawd, I hope my country never gets like that.

I agree that Canada hasn't experienced a failed diversity experiment like America has.

Speaking as a liberal...yes. And it is fun.

In fact, quite a few liberals indulge in the fun. Ask Rachael Madow: she likes to hunt...

That's not the issue liberals have: we are concerned about crime and safety concerning firearms. Not how much fun it is.

It's not as fun if you have to comply with a bunch of extra regulations, or you can't use certain types of firearms or magazines.

I agree that Canada hasn't experienced a failed diversity experiment like America has.
No idea what you mean by 'diversity experiment'. I just know I wouldn't raise a family somewhere where I need to be armed to be safe from the people around me. The day I found myself deciding to take a handgun with me downtown I'd put the house on the market and get the family packing up for a road trip.

You have been paying attention to the Democrats, right? According to them we're in a epidemic of gun violence. Wouldn't you want to be able to defend yourself if this is true?

No, seriously, they are. Have you ever chased a can or shot targets that react? No, not live targets, commie 🤦‍♂️ .Jesus. Shooting is fun. You need some instruction, and the right circumstance, but I'd be willing to bet I could get even AOC to like shooting.

So let's let everyone to share in the "fun".

You have been paying attention to the Democrats, right? According to them we're in a epidemic of gun violence. Wouldn't you want to be able to defend yourself if this is true?
Strange post.
Is there an epidemic of gun violence where you live or not? I don't need to be reminded of your opinion of Democrats.
Like I said elsewhere, I wouldn't raise a family in such a place. I don't care how good the place is considering other things, if my family isn't safe doing ordinary stuff outside the home It's not a fit place to live.
Do you feel like you need a gun when you go out? How could you allow your kids to live like that? I'd move somewhere else.

Strange post.
Is there an epidemic of gun violence where you live or not?
I don't think so, but that doesn't guarantee perfect safety, either. I've noticed criminals are mobile.

In areas where there might be considered to be an epidemic of gun violence, say in Los Angeles or Houston, would it be prudent to be prepared to defend oneself?

I don't need to be reminded of your opinion of Democrats.
Like I said elsewhere, I wouldn't raise a family in such a place. I don't care how good the place is considering other things, if my family isn't safe doing ordinary stuff outside the home It's not a fit place to live.
According to the Democrats, the entire US is suffering from an epidemic of gun violence. Should all citizens who think like you simply emigrate?

Do you feel like you need a gun when you go out? How could you allow your kids to live like that? I'd move somewhere else.
You never really need a gun until you really need a gun. My kids are in much more danger driving, and my youngest is about to get his license. I shouldn't let him drive, though, since driving in traffic is much more dangerous to the average teenager than a gun armed criminal element is. Now where can I move without traffic?

Is there anything dumber than gun propenent logic?

Ha. Neither did you. You offered an opinion who's expressed purpose was to deny the opinion of another. Your post was childish banality.
No i presented what determines the constitutionality of a law

You are dismissed

This thread was started early this morning. The subway shooting was after that.

Sometimes threads just have bad timing.

I don't think so, but that doesn't guarantee perfect safety, either. I've noticed criminals are mobile.

In areas where there might be considered to be an epidemic of gun violence, say in Los Angeles or Houston, would it be prudent to be prepared to defend oneself?
Told you. I wouldn't live there if I thought I needed to be armed.
If, for some reason, I had to be in such a place yeah, I'd learn to use a handgun and be armed but be damned if I would live in such a place. It's no fit place to raise a family.
According to the Democrats, the entire US is suffering from an epidemic of gun violence. Should all citizens who think like you simply emigrate?
Why do you keep quoting Democrats? Tell me what you think.
I don't care what other people would do. Maybe if the situation deteriorates slowly and gradually enough it all seems acceptable. Maybe you take your pistol with you like I dress for the cold, just the way it has to be, but I wouldn't live in such a violent society any more than someone who grew up in Louisiana would live in the Yukon.
You never really need a gun until you really need a gun. My kids are in much more danger driving, and my youngest is about to get his license. I shouldn't let him drive, though, since driving in traffic is much more dangerous to the average teenager than a gun armed criminal element is. Now where can I move without traffic?
Gawd, you guys just can't resist equating cars and guns. You either need a gun or you don't. If you do, so does everyone else, right?

Told you. I wouldn't live there if I thought I needed to be armed.
If, for some reason, I had to be in such a place yeah, I'd learn to use a handgun and be armed but be damned if I would live in such a place. It's no fit place to raise a family.
I don't carry a gun at home, and sometimes the bad guys come to you.
Why do you keep quoting Democrats? Tell me what you think.
I think that the change of being attacked is low but non-zero.

I don't care what other people would do. Maybe if the situation deteriorates slowly and gradually enough it all seems acceptable. Maybe you take your pistol with you like I dress for the cold, just the way it has to be, but I wouldn't live in such a violent society any more than someone who grew up in Louisiana would live in the Yukon.
I'm from Alabama. I live in Colorado.
Gawd, you guys just can't resist equating cars and guns.
They aren't equal. Driving is a much more risky activity for my children than the risk of being shot in our town, although my older son was less than a mile away from the shooting in Boulder King Soopers shooting. Should he switch colleges?
You either need a gun or you don't. If you do, so does everyone else, right?
No, carrying a firearm is a personal choice. Likely it will never matter what you choose, but if it ever does, IMO, it would better to be armed.

Back
Top Bottom