• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something You'll Never Expect !

WiseRufus

New member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Aleem said:
I want you to do the following in this order :

First. Read this article .

Second. Visit this Web site .


Thank you .
:roll: Okay, so I read the entire article, then with my hopes really high, I went to the web site. I'll be honest I didn't read everything in the "Miracles of the Quran" website. I clicked on the Scientific Miracles of the Quran prompt, then clicked on the first option The Coming of the Universe into Existence.

Hmmm...So the only "evidence" that The Coming of the Universe into Existence is at all directly related to the Quran, and is a Miracle of the Quran, was summed up with this one verse: He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. (Qur'an, 6:101).
You know...that really doesn't (How should I say this?)...ah yes, It doesn't do it for me. How can this website say that The Coming of the Universe into Existence is a Miracle of the Quran by simply quoting this line: He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. (Qur'an, 6:101)?

-WiseRufus
 
Last edited:

Aleem

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
112
Reaction score
7
Location
Egypt
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
WiseRufus said:
:roll: Okay, so I read the entire article, then with my hopes really high, I went to the web site. I'll be honest I didn't read everything in the "Miracles of the Quran" website. I clicked on the Scientific Miracles of the Quran prompt, then clicked on the first option The Coming of the Universe into Existence.

Hmmm...So the only "evidence" that The Coming of the Universe into Existence is at all directly related to the Quran, and is a Miracle of the Quran, was summed up with this one verse: He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. (Qur'an, 6:101).
You know...that really doesn't (How should I say this?)...ah yes, It doesn't do it for me. How can this website say that The Coming of the Universe into Existence is a Miracle of the Quran by simply quoting this line: He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. (Qur'an, 6:101)?

-WiseRufus
The Web site mentioned this paragraph :

".1. modern physics has proven that the universe did indeed have a beginning, that .2. it came into being from nothing in a single moment in a huge explosion. Furthermore, it has been established that the universe is not fixed and static, as materialists still stubbornly maintain. On the contrary,.3. it is undergoing a constant process of movement, change and expansion."

The verse he mentioned proves only the first point of the paragraph which refutes the claims saying that the universe is infinite and without a begining, The verse mentioned the word "the originator" which means "the starter" which means that the universe has a begining and there was a time when the universe was not present and The God brought it into existence .

In regard to the second point, Here is its link

In regard to the third point, Here is its link

Please, Read as much as you can in that Web site .
 
Last edited:

WiseRufus

New member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Aleem said:
The Web site mentioned this paragraph :

".1. modern physics has proven that the universe did indeed have a beginning, that .2. it came into being from nothing in a single moment in a huge explosion. Furthermore, it has been established that the universe is not fixed and static, as materialists still stubbornly maintain. On the contrary,.3. it is undergoing a constant process of movement, change and expansion."
I agree with all of this. Every word.

Aleem said:
The verse he mentioned proves only the first point of the paragraph which refutes the claims saying that the universe is infinite and without a begining, The verse mentioned the word "the originator" which means "the starter" which means that the universe has a begining and there was a time when the universe was not present and The God brought it into existence .
Okay, so the universe is finite and had a beginning. Just because the verse mentions "originator" doesn't prove that the Quran is the irrefutable word of God. It just means the Quran had the idea of a creator. The link and the website you provided implied that the Quran was providing irrefutable revelations that do not exist elsewhere. This was not a new idea, when the Quran came along. The idea of a "universe starter" had been around forever (or however long the universe had been around).



Aleem said:
Please, Read as much as you can in that Web site .
Why? What point are you trying to make? That the Quran is perfect? That the Quran has ideas in it that havent been seen before? That the Quran has proven miracles?

I read that whole article about how the Quran has been unaltered from conception. So is that the proof that everything in the Quran is irrefutable? Because it supposedly hasn't changed one word over the years, that makes it perfect and the true word of God?

What message are you trying to convey?
 

Aleem

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
112
Reaction score
7
Location
Egypt
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
WiseRufus said:
What message are you trying to convey?
If Quran has never been altered, And It had mentioned facts - discovered recently - 1400 years ago when people were still fighting by swords. Does not this mean anything ?

I think it means that the only possible source of Quran is The God .

I think it proves the prophecy of Muhammed especially when you know that he was illiterate . How could an illiterate man tell these facts unless he had recieved the revelation from The God ?
 

nkgupta80

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
1,720
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It's not the Quran mentioning theses facts. It's people trying to take these scientific facts/theories and then interpreting the Quran's statements in far-fetched ways hoping to conform it to modern science. If the Quran did give insight into these miracles of science. and did mention facts, then people back then would have a comprehensive knowledge of our universe.





Just for the hell of it, here's some quotes from the site and then what the interpreter's understand from these quotes.

We did not create the heavens and earth and everything between them, except with truth. The Hour is certainly coming, so turn away graciously. (Qur'an, 15:85)

Everything in the heavens and everything on the earth and everything in between them and everything under the ground belongs to Him. (Qur'an, 20:6)

We did not create heaven and earth and everything in between them as a game. (Qur'an, 21:16)


The site claims that these quotes explain the existence of interstellar particles...It's ridiculous.
 

Urethra Franklin

Folle
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
3,579
Reaction score
979
Location
European Union
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Aleem said:
I want you to do the following in this order :

First. Read this article .

Second. Visit this Web site .


Thank you .
When people have so little faith in their religion that they have to push sites like this, they're really scraping the barrel. Aleem babe, you're displaying your insecurities about Islam here. Can't say I blame you, but I thlought you had stronger beliefs than that.
 
Top Bottom