• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

exactly---------that's why people with an IQ use electric cars
So...you don't care if anyone who can't afford $55,000 for a car ends up being unable to drive the car they can afford?

"**** them.", you say? "**** them, their spouse and their children.", right?

Again...EV's are not ready for prime time.

So just magically lower the price of gas? Why didn't anyone else think of that? :rolleyes:
Don't say it...don't mention a "magic wand".

Trump slapped the last guy to say that upside the head.

And electric vehicles are definitely getting there.

LOL!! Two million in 10 years.

There are 287 million vehicles in the US right now. At that rate, it'll take hundreds of years to replace gas powered vehicles.

So...you don't care if anyone who can't afford $55,000 for a car ends up being unable to drive the car they can afford?

They are a lot cheaper than that.......as I said, those with an IQ have 'em now. Grab one

They are a lot cheaper than that.......as I said, those with an IQ have 'em now. Grab one
I know people who can't afford a postage stamp. Not sure of their IQ, but their lot in life was such that they have to struggle. Dumb lugs they are. Down with them.

Anyone know how many windmills it would take to keep an average electric vehicle running on a day with just a light breeze? Asking for a green energy skeptic friend.

A 2022 Nissan Leaf starts at under $28000.

Last edited:
Don't say it...don't mention a "magic wand".

Trump slapped the last guy to say that upside the head.

LOL!! Two million in 10 years.

There are 287 million vehicles in the US right now. At that rate, it'll take hundreds of years to replace gas powered vehicles.
Nope, by 2033, the majority of new cars sold will be electric. 11 years.

How many people struggle for their bus fair? Have you ever invited a shopper waiting for the bus, carrying several shopping bags, struggling to even move, for a ride home?
I find a lot of hypocrisy in the fact that we praise alternative energy at the cost of those who don't have a pot to pee in.

A Leaf???

LOL!!

Not so good in my neck of the woods. (I'm in Colorado where it gets to minus degrees F in the winter and a hundred in the summer.

Whatever car you drive, whether powered by fossil fuels or electricity, range will vary depending on weather conditions.

Typically, the average gasoline or diesel vehicle will be more economical in warmer weather, and less so when it's cold, where the dense air is matched by larger quantities of fuel.

Electric cars vary too, but a difference of ten miles is rather important when you only have 80-odd to play with anyway. That's what Nissan Leaf owners are finding in Arizona as their batteries struggle in the heat, and it's what owners in colder climates are finding too.

Fleetcarma has compiled data from more than 5,400 trips of Leaf owners throughout North America, to see what effect temperature has on range.

(see the link)

From a daily range capability of around 65 miles at 86 Fahrenheit, range drops as low as 36-37 miles at extreme lows of -13 F--temperatures recently experienced in Canada and some of the U.S. north east. Beyond temperatures in the mid-80s, range begins to fall again.

And that doesn't even consider loading it up with camping gear and driving a hundred miles into the mountains for a week long camping trip. (I do that three or four times a year with my 2010 Subaru...that I paid $10,000 for in 2012.)

Like I said...not ready for prime time.

How many people struggle for their bus fair? Have you ever invited a shopper waiting for the bus, carrying several shopping bags, struggling to even move, for a ride home?
I find a lot of hypocrisy in the fact that we praise alternative energy at the cost of those who don't have a pot to pee in.
So what does someone not being able to afford bus fare, have to do with the price of electric cars? If they can't afford bus fare, they can't afford a traditional, gas operated care either.

So what does someone not being able to afford bus fare, have to do with the price of electric cars? If they can't afford bus fare, they can't afford a traditional, gas operated care either.
Really? Privileged comes to mind. Most people struggle to survive and have little time to think about gas vs electric. Like I mentioned earlier, and thanks for the 'like', baby steps.

A Leaf???

LOL!!

Not so good in my neck of the woods. (I'm in Colorado where it gets to minus degrees F in the winter and a hundred in the summer.

Whatever car you drive, whether powered by fossil fuels or electricity, range will vary depending on weather conditions.​
Typically, the average gasoline or diesel vehicle will be more economical in warmer weather, and less so when it's cold, where the dense air is matched by larger quantities of fuel.​
Electric cars vary too, but a difference of ten miles is rather important when you only have 80-odd to play with anyway. That's what Nissan Leaf owners are finding in Arizona as their batteries struggle in the heat, and it's what owners in colder climates are finding too.​
Fleetcarma has compiled data from more than 5,400 trips of Leaf owners throughout North America, to see what effect temperature has on range.​
(see the link)
From a daily range capability of around 65 miles at 86 Fahrenheit, range drops as low as 36-37 miles at extreme lows of -13 F--temperatures recently experienced in Canada and some of the U.S. north east. Beyond temperatures in the mid-80s, range begins to fall again.​

And that doesn't even consider loading it up with camping gear and driving a hundred miles into the mountains for a week long camping trip. (I do that three or four times a year with my 2010 Subaru...that I paid $10,000 for in 2012.)

Like I said...not ready for prime time.
I mean, if you want to live in the middle of nowhere, where it drops to temperatures below zero, you have your own challenges. The vast majority of people do not live like this. And the Leaf is simply the cheapest electric vehicle. Others are much better and the quality is improving. The e-mach Mustang GT gets 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. That's definitely prime time and much better than a 2010 Subaru. :ROFLMAO:

I mean, if you want to live in the middle of nowhere, where it drops to temperatures below zero, you have your own challenges. The vast majority of people do not live like this. And the Leaf is simply the cheapest electric vehicle. Others are much better and the quality is improving. The e-mach Mustang GT gets 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. That's definitely prime time and much better than a 2010 Subaru. :ROFLMAO:
I don't live "in the middle of nowhere. Colorado Springs. Big town. But I DO like to GET to the middle of nowhere at times. An EV is useless for me. Hell, WORSE than useless. It'll leave me stranded.

And dude...I'm an old guy. I've outgrown my need for speed. I had my 130 mph Firebird when I was in my 20's. Now, I need something that'll get me from point A to point B...and back home...on a tank of gas/one charge. An EV just won't cut it.

Not ready for prime time.

And that's a great reason to be moving on from vehicles powered by fossil fuels.

Yeah, all we have to do is suck up to Russia's best buddy China to get all the lithium we need.

Anyone know how many windmills it would take to keep an average electric vehicle running on a day with just a light breeze? Asking for a green energy skeptic friend.

It depends on the size of the turbine.
The new turbines destined for an offshore farm in the UK generates enough power with a single turn of the turbine to power a single house for 2 days.

I have a wind farm within walking distance from my house where the turbines aren't as large and with just 10 turbines but that generates more than enough for my town.

I don't know enough about electric cars to say how that compares to car usage though.

I don't live "in the middle of nowhere. Colorado Springs. Big town. But I DO like to GET to the middle of nowhere at times. An EV is useless for me. Hell, WORSE than useless. It'll leave me stranded.

And dude...I'm an old guy. I've outgrown my need for speed. I had my 130 mph Firebird when I was in my 20's. Now, I need something that'll get me from point A to point B...and back home...on a tank of gas/one charge. An EV just won't cut it.

Not ready for prime time.
Ah, many elderly people are naturally resistant to change, so this makes sense now.

Electric vehicles may not be right for you, but they're perfect for millions of Americans, and people will keep buying them at a greater and greater rate.

Times are changing, you might want to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom