• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

So...you don't care if anyone who can't afford $55,000 for a car ends up being unable to drive the car they can afford?

"**** them.", you say? "**** them, their spouse and their children.", right?

Again...EV's are not ready for prime time.
Carvana has multiple listings for the Toyota Prius at under $25K.

Ah, many elderly people are naturally resistant to change, so this makes sense now.

Electric vehicles may not be right for you, but they're perfect for millions of Americans, and people will keep buying them at a greater and greater rate.

Times are changing, you might want to keep up.
I suspect there are some on the right who view EVs/Hybrids the same way they do masks - an attempt to emasculate them by the insidious Satanists of the Democratic Party.

It is a critical psychological issue for many of them.

With these Facebook memes, we have seen the dumbing down of America as complete.

Roughly 9% ('ish) of our power production comes from wind, you cannot ramp that up fast enough to power more battery powered cars fast enough to deal with supply side fault in oil. You cannot move people off their existing vehicles fast enough to deal with something like Russia invading Ukraine causing a new condition for world oil markets.

What you can do is temporary in oil by ramping up domestic extraction and production.

Using the current mess as a triple down on going more green does not happen near as fast as stupid IQ'less memes suggest. The actual economic climate and speed of change will never match fairy tail world modern liberalism political goals.

In the long term, perhaps and we should be going that direction. In the short term, that meme is as useless as it can be proving absolutely nothing and providing absolutely nothing for those feeling the economic impact right now.

You take power production from wind to even 18% by tomorrow, as in a complete pipedream driven by these stupid memes, and it does absolutely nothing for current transportation needs. I mean nothing.

This is why modern liberalism shoots themselves in the foot, pushing shit like this means caring not for those in economic pain right now. At least ramping up oil gives us a better fighting chance to beat Putin at his own game.

Ah, many elderly people are naturally resistant to change, so this makes sense now.

Electric vehicles may not be right for you, but they're perfect for millions of Americans, and people will keep buying them at a greater and greater rate.

Times are changing, you might want to keep up.
This has nothing to do with "elderly people" or being "resistant to change". Those are useless strawmen. Put them back in the cornfield where they belong.

I daresay electric vehicles are not right for more millions of Americans than the number you think they are perfect for.

EV's are not ready for prime time.

This has nothing to do with "elderly people" or being "resistant to change". Those are useless strawmen. Put them back in the cornfield where they belong.

I daresay electric vehicles are not right for more millions of Americans than the number you think they are perfect for.

Ships- https://electrek.co/2021/06/08/meet-the-worlds-first-electric-autonomous-container-ship/
"The Yara Birkeland, the world’s first net-zero, battery-powered autonomous container ship, was delivered to Norwegian fertilizer company Yara Norge AS in November 2020"

Planes- https://www.harbourair.com/corporate-responsibility/goingelectric/
"We are ‘buzzing’ to share that the first, history-making step towards our goal was successfully completed on December 10, 2019, when the world’s first fully electric commercial aircraft took flight in Richmond, BC."

Buses- https://globalnews.ca/news/7600410/...ansLink has awarded a $16,45 per cent by 2030.
"Translink has awarded a $16 million contract to Nova Bus to bring 15 more battery-electric buses to Vancouver by 2022."

Trucks- https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/semi
"Electric energy costs are half those of diesel. With fewer systems to maintain, the Tesla Semi provides $200,000+ in fuel savings and a two-year payback period."

But hey, cars can never replace horses. Who wants to always have to buy cans of fuel at the hardware and search for a smith who can repair them?

I'm sure there were plenty of old people in the early 1900s arguing for horses and claiming automobiles were "not ready for prime time.":ROFLMAO:

Have a lovely day.

But prime time is steadily approaching my friend.

I suspect there are some on the right who view EVs/Hybrids the same way they do masks - an attempt to emasculate them by the insidious Satanists of the Democratic Party.

It is a critical psychological issue for many of them.
Probably. I'm sure they consider things like renewable energy, electric cars, etc to be products of a "woke" movement, so they naturally oppose them.

Probably. I'm sure they consider things like renewable energy, electric cars, etc to be products of a "woke" movement, so they naturally oppose them.
Damn left - wanting to take away combustion engines, meat, guns, Christianity, strict binary gender classifications, the right to make sexual advances on a woman after she says no - everything that makes a man a man!

Damn left - wanting to take away combustion engines, meat, guns, Christianity, strict binary gender classifications, the right to make sexual advances on a woman after she says no - everything that makes a man a man!
Don't forget burning used tires on Earth Day just to piss folks off!

With these Facebook memes, we have seen the dumbing down of America as complete.

Roughly 9% ('ish) of our power production comes from wind, you cannot ramp that up fast enough to power more battery powered cars fast enough to deal with supply side fault in oil. You cannot move people off their existing vehicles fast enough to deal with something like Russia invading Ukraine causing a new condition for world oil markets.
did not say otherwise
What you can do is temporary in oil by ramping up domestic extraction and production.
tell that to the companies who won't
Using the current mess as a triple down on going more green does not happen near as fast as stupid IQ'less memes suggest. The actual economic climate and speed of change will never match fairy tail world modern liberalism political goals.
it is talking about the long haul, not tomorrow. Why do trumpers have problems thinking ahead ???
You take power production from wind to even 18% by tomorrow, as in a complete pipedream driven by these stupid memes, and it does absolutely nothing for current transportation needs. I mean nothing.
never said otherwise
This is why modern liberalism shoots themselves in the foot, pushing shit like this means caring not for those in economic pain right now. At least ramping up oil gives us a better fighting chance to beat Putin at his own game.
libs tend to look at the long term----the correct solution

I'm sure there were plenty of old people in the early 1900s arguing for horses and claiming automobiles were "not ready for prime time.":ROFLMAO:

Have a lovely day.
Did the government back then artificially raise the price of hay to force people to move away from horses and start buying automobiles?

I don't think so.

People moved to automobiles because they liked them more than horses. Automobile's time had come.

But prime time is steadily approaching my friend.
In the meantime, we all get to suffer because the Biden pukes want to make it too expensive to use a gas powered vehicle.

In the meantime, we all get to suffer because the Biden pukes want to make it too expensive to use a gas powered vehicle.
The Biden administration doesn't want this. Why do you think they waited so long to ban Russian oil imports?

Democrats are trying to lay the groundwork for electric vehicles to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and reduce our impact on the environment, but they aren't making it too expensive to use gas powered vehicles. You still own one do you not?

The Biden administration doesn't want this. Why do you think they waited so long to ban Russian oil imports?

Democrats are trying to lay the groundwork for electric vehicles to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and reduce our impact on the environment, but they aren't making it too expensive to use gas powered vehicles. You still own one do you not?
The Biden pukes are trying to do the same thing to oil that the Obama pukes did to coal. And the purpose is to make oil so expensive that people will want to move toward electric vehicles.

The problem...what's going to screw them...is the fact that oil isn't just about gas powered vehicles. Oil is the basis for EVERYTHING. Increased prices for oil makes EVERYTHING more expensive. Americans are suffering because the Biden pukes want to move people off of gas powered vehicles.

And they don't care.

So...you don't care if anyone who can't afford $55,000 for a car ends up being unable to drive the car they can afford?

"**** them.", you say? "**** them, their spouse and their children.", right?
'Your words'^----not 'his' words. A sure FAIL every time you employ that childish, desperate, asinine debating tactic.

'Your words'^----not 'his' words. A sure FAIL every time you employ that childish, desperate, asinine debating tactic.
If there's one thing I've learned about politicians with an agenda, it's...don't believe their words. Look at their actions.

If there's one thing I've learned about politicians with an agenda, it's...don't believe their words. Look at their actions.
Then, not surprisingly, you haven't learned much at all, seeing as 45's words AND actions regarding the free and fair 2020 POTUS election are both acceptable in your distorted worldview---Words and actions which incited useful idiots to perpetrate an insurrection upon our U.S. Capitol as our elected officials were attempting to conduct the People's business of ratifying that free and fair 2020 POTUS election, and ensuring the peaceful transfer of power from a defeated POTUS to a POTUS-Elect.

Back
Top Bottom