• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Something to think about coming politics in the US

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
There is a long history of majorities abusing their power. The long history of how whites have treated black people is a leading example. It is filled with attempts of whites to JUSTIFY the actions and deny their harm, but they abused power. 'Slave owners CARED for their slaves, they were good to them!' 'Separate but equal'. Or for natives, 'it was self-defense and manifest destiny!'

My point is, that politics and culture have much more closely followed power and numbers, than principle, even if many are in denial about that. Show me where the power is, and I'll show you the policies favoring the powerful, and the myths they tell to deny they're abusing power. Did you know not letting women vote was for their own good? They're noble creatures who shouldn't be dirtied with the filthy world of politics.

And my point is, that as American demographics change, it could get a lot uglier for white people.

While people would suddenly, in that situation, like to appeal to great ideals. But when they had power, they often failed to live up to them. They could have; or they could do what they did a lot, and not, and have ugly discrimination.

And so, as the country changes, the same rule for people gaining power has no reason not to apply - that new groups as they win elections might do what groups who win elections have always done.

And whites will suddenly be very in touch with the injustice of it. They will be able to clearly complain about wrongs. And they will often be right. And it will matter as much as it did when people they wronged had valid complaints in the past. What whites won't have on their side is their history, mostly.

I'm not praising or defending such new injustices if they happen.

I am saying it's unfortunate white people didn't set a better example, and that it seems quite possible for history to repeat, to a point, in reverse. It's not coming a lot soon; the demographics are gradual, and power won't lie with people of color any time soon, but it will increase. Many white people might be shocked if reverse injustices appear more and more. But their history can explain it. It's why liberals have been right.

You should consider separating politics from culture. There's no real connection there. Sure, we're on DP, so it seems like politics are important. But they're not important enough to influence culture.

There is a long history of majorities abusing their power. The long history of how whites have treated black people is a leading example. It is filled with attempts of whites to JUSTIFY the actions and deny their harm, but they abused power. 'Slave owners CARED for their slaves, they were good to them!' 'Separate but equal'. Or for natives, 'it was self-defense and manifest destiny!'

My point is, that politics and culture have much more closely followed power and numbers, than principle, even if many are in denial about that. Show me where the power is, and I'll show you the policies favoring the powerful, and the myths they tell to deny they're abusing power. Did you know not letting women vote was for their own good? They're noble creatures who shouldn't be dirtied with the filthy world of politics.

And my point is, that as American demographics change, it could get a lot uglier for white people.

While people would suddenly, in that situation, like to appeal to great ideals. But when they had power, they often failed to live up to them. They could have; or they could do what they did a lot, and not, and have ugly discrimination.

And so, as the country changes, the same rule for people gaining power has no reason not to apply - that new groups as they win elections might do what groups who win elections have always done.

And whites will suddenly be very in touch with the injustice of it. They will be able to clearly complain about wrongs. And they will often be right. And it will matter as much as it did when people they wronged had valid complaints in the past. What whites won't have on their side is their history, mostly.

I'm not praising or defending such new injustices if they happen.

I am saying it's unfortunate white people didn't set a better example, and that it seems quite possible for history to repeat, to a point, in reverse. It's not coming a lot soon; the demographics are gradual, and power won't lie with people of color any time soon, but it will increase. Many white people might be shocked if reverse injustices appear more and more. But their history can explain it. It's why liberals have been right.
I think most of us are aware of this.

Progressives are already persecuting and destroying lives of those that disagree whenever they can. It will only increase if they get more power.

Did you know not letting women vote was for their own good? They're noble creatures who shouldn't be dirtied with the filthy world of politics.

:rofl

But of course. Why allow women any power to decide who controls their bodies?

Back
Top Bottom