• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something that has puzzled me for a long time..

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Why do Liberals like Senators Kennedy, Kerry, Michael Moore and Ward Churchill hate the U.S. military? The very military that is putting their lives on the line so they can make their hateful comments.........

I have never been able to figure that one out.......Maybe one of you Liberals in the forum can enlighten me.....

Thanks

And this little bit of baiting whine is in the Today's News forum instead of the Basement because...why?

Simon W. Moon said:
And this little bit of baiting whine is in the Today's News forum instead of the Basement because...why?

Instead of the usual smoke and mirrors why don't you answer my question if you can..............

Navy Pride said:
Why do Liberals like Senators Kennedy, Kerry, Michael Moore and Ward Churchill hate the U.S. military? The very military that is putting their lives on the line so they can make their hateful comments.........

I have never been able to figure that one out.......Maybe one of you Liberals in the forum can enlighten me.....

Thanks

It has to be the schools. As you probably know, the teachers that they turn out now are often illiterate themselves. They just teach enough to get a paycheck and go home. If they teach nonsense, who would know it? It seems that most of the money goes into the sports programs and real education takes a backseat to everything. In our day, the teachers came from the WWII era. They learned their lessons from the school of hard knocks. Today's teachers are neither the brightest, nor the most informed and their sense of history comes from the propaganda churned out the by the left that didn't really come into its own until during and after the Vietnam era. That was the "feel good" generation. The "anything goes" generation. The pot, the LSD, and all of that nonsense. The idea of education, true education, today in our public schools is really a misnomer. It is no accident that the home schooled children consistently score better than the public school children. School today is just somewhere to send the children to get out of the parent's hair. The schools really ought to be shut down, boarded up and abandoned. They are a total and absolute failure.

Missouri Mule said:
It has to be the schools. As you probably know, the teachers that they turn out now are often illiterate themselves. They just teach enough to get a paycheck and go home. If they teach nonsense, who would know it? It seems that most of the money goes into the sports programs and real education takes a backseat to everything. In our day, the teachers came from the WWII era. They learned their lessons from the school of hard knocks. Today's teachers are neither the brightest, nor the most informed and their sense of history comes from the propaganda churned out the by the left that didn't really come into its own until during and after the Vietnam era. That was the "feel good" generation. The "anything goes" generation. The pot, the LSD, and all of that nonsense. The idea of education, true education, today in our public schools is really a misnomer. It is no accident that the home schooled children consistently score better than the public school children. School today is just somewhere to send the children to get out of the parent's hair. The schools really ought to be shut down, boarded up and abandoned. They are a total and absolute failure.

It is really sad.............I have met kids that have graduated from high school and can neither rea or write.....

Navy Pride said:
It is really sad.............I have met kids that have graduated from high school and can neither read or write.....

It is truly pathetic, isn't it? In reality the schools of today are glorified nursery schools; day care centers for the delinquents and criminals of tomorrow.

So do all the homeschoolers go on to the top Universities? and all the public school kids end up religious nuts ,hicks and crackheads...:lol:

Simon W. Moon said:

Moved it to the US Politics forum - really wasn't Today's news - your right. It's not over the top to be considered for basement topics (yet).

It seems you are not paying attention. It's not the military that liberals normally "hate" it is the administration.

Kenedy and the other big government supporters, would much rather take all the defense funding and put it into social programs, relying on thier ability to make friends with the U/n and France

Missouri Mule said:
It is truly pathetic, isn't it? In reality the schools of today are glorified nursery schools; day care centers for the delinquents and criminals of tomorrow.

As a recent graduate of public high school (4 short years ago), I believe you either willfully ignore the intelligent people that come out of our school system, or intentionally seek out the failures. In my graduating class of 400+, 95% went on to higher education. Do you think that colleges will allow people that don't read to attend their school? Because they don't. Why don't you put up some stats of the number of illiterate people to graduate from high school?

vauge said:
Moved it to the US Politics forum - really wasn't Today's news - your right. It's not over the top to be considered for basement topics (yet).

It seems you are not paying attention. It's not the military that liberals normally "hate" it is the administration.

Well they sure seem to take it out on the military.......

Kerry: Vietnam Veterans are murderers, rapists, and baby killers..

Kennedy: Our troops in Iraq are the problem rather then the solution..

Durbin: The military in GITMO are like a Gulag..

Churchill: Enlisted people should kill their officers..

Moore: Our military are the insurgents..

I am paraphrasing what they said but you get my gist.........

Navy Pride said:
Instead of the usual smoke and mirrors why don't you answer my question if you can..............
Demonstrate the validity of of your premises and perhaps I will. You've offered no support for the givens in you argument. I remained unconvinced that you have accurately assessed the situation. W/o these premises your question is moot.

Simon W. Moon said:
Demonstrate the validity of of your premises and perhaps I will. You've offered no support for the givens in you argument. I remained unconvinced that you have accurately assessed the situation. W/o these premises your question is moot.

Navy (anal sex obsessive) Pride has never yet backed up his comments. Do you really think he will now?

I think the problem is that conservatives mistake a lack of support for this war as meaning a lack of support for the troops. Whereas I see it as the opposite - if you're so willing to let good men and women die in an unjustified, unnecessary conflict, your compassion for the soldiers and their families obviously doesn't extend very far.

vergiss said:
I think the problem is that conservatives mistake a lack of support for this war as meaning a lack of support for the troops. Whereas I see it as the opposite - if you're so willing to let good men and women die in an unjustified, unnecessary conflict, your compassion for the soldiers and their families obviously doesn't extend very far. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
yeah, I was really too rough in the basement. You're dead on right here.

vergiss said:
I think the problem is that conservatives mistake a lack of support for this war as meaning a lack of support for the troops. Whereas I see it as the opposite - if you're so willing to let good men and women die in an unjustified, unnecessary conflict, your compassion for the soldiers and their families obviously doesn't extend very far.

It is opinion on whether the war in Iraq is justified and you know what opinions are like.........Since your candidate lost in 2004 it does not matter much.......

You would be the first one whinning if we had not taken Saddam out and he gave terrorists a bilogical or chemical weapon and they used it here in the U.S. When it comes to people like you its a no win situation.........

I am just grateful to President Bush that we are fighting terrorists in the streets of Baghdad and not in the streets of New York..............

Navy Pride said:
It is opinion on whether the war in Iraq is justified and you know what opinions are like.........Since your candidate lost in 2004 it does not matter much.......

You would be the first one whinning if we had not taken Saddam out and he gave terrorists a bilogical or chemical weapon and they used it here in the U.S. When it comes to people like you its a no win situation.........

I am just grateful to President Bush that we are fighting terrorists in the streets of Baghdad and not in the streets of New York..............

Erm. I'm an Australian. I didn't have a candidate in the last US election.

Yes. These hypothetical nukes and biological weapons he didn't have. :roll: OMG, guess what?! He had hamburgers infested with the plague that he was planning to put into McDonald's restaurants, too!

I doubt the innocents of Baghdad are terribly grateful.

vergiss said:
Erm. I'm an Australian. I didn't have a candidate in the last US election.

Yes. These hypothetical nukes and biological weapons he didn't have. :roll: OMG, guess what?! He had hamburgers infested with the plague that he was planning to put into McDonald's restaurants, too!

I doubt the innocents of Baghdad are terribly grateful.

Well Australia is one of our best allies.......I guess you are just out of the loop......

As far as WOMD go, Iraq is the size of California and those WOMD could be buried anywhere or shipped to Syria.........Just because we did not dind them does not mean they did not exist.................

As far as the Iraqis go polls show that the majority are grateful for what we have done there.......

Navy Pride, direct question here, where do the liberals that you have named directly say that they "hate the U.S. Military"?

Navy Pride said:
Well Australia is one of our best allies.......I guess you are just out of the loop......

As far as WOMD go, Iraq is the size of California and those WOMD could be buried anywhere or shipped to Syria.........Just because we did not dind them does not mean they did not exist.................

As far as the Iraqis go polls show that the majority are grateful for what we have done there.......
According to a new poll from teh occupation authority (part of the government) 80% of Iraqis hold a lack of confidence in the coalition, and 82% disapprove of the US and allied forces in Iraq.
And 57% said in this poll, along with CNN, Gallup, and USA Today polls, that they want American forces to leave IMMIDIATELY.
Soooo grateful, obviously.

shuamort said:
Navy Pride, direct question here, where do the liberals that you have named directly say that they "hate the U.S. Military"?

You need to try and read all the posts in this thread..........I paraphrased their comments in and earlier post..........

galenrox said:
According to a new poll from teh occupation authority (part of the government) 80% of Iraqis hold a lack of confidence in the coalition, and 82% disapprove of the US and allied forces in Iraq.
And 57% said in this poll, along with CNN, Gallup, and USA Today polls, that they want American forces to leave IMMIDIATELY.
Soooo grateful, obviously.

Let me give you a little democracy 101 education free of charge........The people of Iraq voted for a government to represent them..........The government they elected wants us to stay until the country is stable........Under this president that is what we will do.......

Get use to it............

Navy Pride said:
You need to try and read all the posts in this thread..........I paraphrased their comments in and earlier post..........
And if I were to paraphrase you... "Liberals hate everything that's good". Of course, I'm not looking for a paraphrase, I'm looking for actual quotes.

Why do Liberals like Senators Kennedy, Kerry, Michael Moore and Ward Churchill hate the U.S. military? The very military that is putting their lives on the line so they can make their hateful comments.......

They are scum who hate America,our troops and our might.

Back
Top Bottom