• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Something gun grabbers just don't get... LOGIC.

Black Dog

King Of The Dog Pound
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Firewall wont let me open it, 'splain please.

It talks about why we are discussing a tool (gun) used in violence rather than the causes of violence. If we actually look at the causes of violence and understand them, we can begin to really address it. Instead of talking about a tool.

It talks about why we are discussing a tool (gun) used in violence rather than the causes of violence. If we actually look at the causes of violence and understand them, we can begin to really address it. Instead of talking about a tool.
If you wish to talk about the people, instead of the tool. The left will call you mean, un feeling, un thinking and racist.
The country didnt come to a grinding halt when poor Alexis from Texas was hearing voices.
So his lashing out is now "our" fault.
Or, its the mean old white man that caused the poverty in Chicago to spill over in drug fueled violence on the streets. The hundreds of millions paid in taxes every year in IL was not enough to give jobs to or educations to people that want neither to begin with.
Logic from them is pandering and placating the gangs with hugs and ice cream. Take any way for good people to fight back or defend family, and turn a blind eye towards the ones opening fire in the direction of three year olds.

Notice the absence of the anti gun crowd? It's not because they are scared or any such nonsense. They know the cries for gun control to combat crime is a lie.

Notice the absence of the anti gun crowd? It's not because they are scared or any such nonsense. They know the cries for gun control to combat crime is a lie.
I think they know its about people control.
Crime by every standard is actually down.
They also buy into the myth that where no guns are, its some sort of utopia.
They think that its just fundamentally wrong to fight fire with fire in defense of home and family. Just give them what they want and they will go away. Sometimes they do, many times they dont. I am sure the doctors family in New England thought there were just going to be robbed and left alone, until the rapes started and the fires set.
I equate many of todays left as pacifists.
Fighting back would be futile in their Hollywood brain washed minds.

I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe some for people, but a lot of those I've met who believe in gun control, really do seem to believe it would decrease crime.

I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe some for people, but a lot of those I've met who believe in gun control, really do seem to believe it would decrease crime.

Believeing it and actually having any proof that it would are two different things.
They watch "Criminal Minds" and see people being tied up in their homes before being slaughtered. Really? Try tying me up, even with or without a gun one person is never going to be able to do it.
You can make the argument that what gun laws have been enacted have started some of the drop in crime. But without really leaning on the 2A? Going further would almost be immpossible. As evidenced earlier this year with another Obama failure.
I think most of the country is good with the laws that are in place, and thats about it. More would be just too much.

Believeing it and actually having any proof that it would are two different things.

Oh, I agree there's no proof of it. I just don't agree that everyone who does believe it, just wants to control people.

Taking a right away is controling people.

I don't think that's the motivation behind everyone who wants to do that though. You made it sound like they just get off on controlling people. I think there are people out there who actually does think it deters crime.

That makes sense. I mean, hell, I believe I'm going to win the Powerball and that's about as likely to happen as anything the gun grabbers have suggested stopping violence.

That makes sense. I mean, hell, I believe I'm going to win the Powerball and that's about as likely to happen as anything the gun grabbers have suggested stopping violence.

I didn't say they were right. But just because they're wrong doesn't mean they all have some sinister motivation behind them.

I didn't say they were right. But just because they're wrong doesn't mean they all have some sinister motivation behind them.

Can we please get back on topic. I was speaking figuratively as no one honestly think ALL of anything supports a single idea.

Common sense man.

Can we please get back on topic. I was speaking figuratively as no one honestly think ALL of anything supports a single idea.

Common sense man.

I don't even think its a high percentage. Obviously I didn't think you meant everyone, but I don't even think its the norm

A gun is a not a "tool"...it's a weapon.

Common sense man.
You asked for logic, I gave it to you. The logic for them is control. They are willing to be controlled.
They are willing to rely on Big Brother to control how and when they are protected and they want the same warm and fuzzy feeling from me.
Never going to happen.

So is a screw driver then. Plenty of people have been killed by one.

Can you use a gun to drive a screw like you can a screw driver?

Weapons are tools.

A gun is weapon that was designed for one purpose and that is to kill.

If you don't think so then why don't you go try to fix your car or do a little home repair with your gun?

A gun is weapon that was designed for one purpose and that is to kill.

If you don't think so then why don't you go try to fix your car or do a little home repair with your gun?
Try to defend your home and family with a hammer and nails.

Back
Top Bottom