• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Something gun grabbers just don't get... LOGIC.

Hmm, considering I sometimes look into becoming a smith I have never found any information stating that "it's potential to kill" is a factor when designing the gun, All I can find is pressure and spacing to make it functional. Interesting, an anti-gunner constantly cornered on the issue and proven lacking on the subject states something the pros do not, hmmm, guess I'll go with the pro opinion.

Actually, the correct response to what she said is "so what"? Whether or not it was designed to kill is entirely irrelevant; it's an effective tool for doing what needed to be done, which is what you want IN a tool.

Hmm, considering I sometimes look into becoming a smith I have never found any information stating that "it's potential to kill" is a factor when designing the gun, All I can find is pressure and spacing to make it functional. Interesting, an anti-gunner constantly cornered on the issue and proven lacking on the subject states something the pros do not, hmmm, guess I'll go with the pro opinion.
Let alone the fact that cars kill far more people. I am a mechanic by training, and warning labels usually say. If you do stupid things bad things will happen. Or something to that effect.

There's nothing wrong with someone defending themselves and using a weapon that was designed to kill is much more reliable and effective than using a tool such as a pair of pliers or a screw driver.
Then why the adversion to us owning guns?

Let alone the fact that cars kill far more people. I am a mechanic by training, and warning labels usually say. If you do stupid things bad things will happen. Or something to that effect.

And still, guns only have one purpose and that is to kill. You can't say that about cars or screw drivers or baseball bats or matches or anything else for that matter.

Then why the adversion to us owning guns?

I don't care if you own a gun. What I hate is the attitude and the lies that surround your need to own one.

I don't care if you own a gun. What I hate is the attitude and the lies that surround your need to own one.

how about these examples:....the founders only intended you have a ball and power rifle.

you can have a firearm if you belong to a militia.

people were to have firearms to kill slaves only.

you are only allowed 1 firearm, and so many bullets.

you cannot have a military style firearm

the constitution is old fashion, and you dont need to have a firearm today, becuase we have the police.

So what you are saying is you hate that damn 2nd amendment and that people know about it.

Which would help with the definition of "tool" how?

A gun is not defined as a "tool" in any dictionary. Rather, it is consistently defined as a "weapon."

A gun is a not a "tool"...it's a weapon.

The dictionary is your friend. A weapon is always a tool. A tool is not always a weapon.

So what you are saying is you hate that damn 2nd amendment and that people know about it.

No, I'm saying I hate people who misuse and abuse the second amendment to beat people over the head with.

You really dont know me well enough to really know my "attitude". This is online, you really have to take it with a grain of salt.
I profess to be willing and ready to kill or die for my family. That dont mean I am looking forward to doing either.
Its just a worse case scenario. Its not a John Wayne mentality.
Otherwise I like guns like I like cars and many things mechanical.

The dictionary is your friend. A weapon is always a tool. A tool is not always a weapon.

Then you should have no problem looking up the definition of a gun.

I don't even think its a high percentage. Obviously I didn't think you meant everyone, but I don't even think its the norm

Going by what I see and the rabid attacks leveled at gun rights at the slightest provocation, I will disagree.

No, I'm saying I hate people who misuse and abuse the second amendment to beat people over the head with.

I'd ask for a more detailed explanation, but I'm guessing nobody want's to here some sort of Pelosian rant full of emotion and void of facts.

Moot, a gun by definition is a tool. Are you really going to argue this? Do you really want to end up looking retarded?

You really dont know me well enough to really know my "attitude". This is online, you really have to take it with a grain of salt.
I profess to be willing and ready to kill or die for my family. That dont mean I am looking forward to doing either.
Its just a worse case scenario. Its not a John Wayne mentality.
Otherwise I like guns like I like cars and many things mechanical.

I meant the general attitude of some gun owners, not you personally...so take it with a grain of salt.

Going by what I see and the rabid attacks leveled at gun rights at the slightest provocation, I will disagree.

People on the internet maybe. The really vocal ones. But the majority of people who support gun control, I don't think so. As far as I can tell everyone I've met in real life who supports it truly believes that gun control will actually control crime and lead to less violent death, rather than being dicks who just want to control people.

And still, guns only have one purpose and that is to kill. You can't say that about cars or screw drivers or baseball bats or matches or anything else for that matter.
Recreation. Sport. Hunting (animals), collecting.

What is in the definition of gun, that makes it not fit with the definition of tool?

gun:

a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

tool:

a device or implement, esp. one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.

Weapons are much more effective and reliable at killing than tools are.

A gun is not defined as a "tool" in any dictionary. Rather, it is consistently defined as a "weapon."

Weapons are tools.

Your refusal to accept that will not make it any less so.

Moot, a gun by definition is a tool. Are you really going to argue this? Do you really want to end up looking retarded?
Oh I guess the dictionary isn't your friend after all.

People on the internet maybe. The really vocal ones. But the majority of people who support gun control, I don't think so. As far as I can tell everyone I've met in real life who supports it truly believes that gun control will actually control crime and lead to less violent death, rather than being dicks who just want to control people.

I agree but you have to look deeper. Ask them if they like or dislike guns? Most will say no. They think if they don't like them, no one should have them. They think by restricting a law abiding citizens right, they will they will gain an added measure of safety they will not. Just look at how none of them, not one has addressed the facts in the video? What does this tell you about the honesty of the anti gun debate?

Back
Top Bottom