• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something for Conservatives to Ponder!

Yuleluder

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here is something for us conservatives to think about. This was sent to me in an email from one of my buddies!! Enjoy!!

Why hasn't the former spokesman for the Taliban matriculating at Yale been beaten even more senseless than he already is? According to Hollywood, this nation is a cauldron of ethnic hatreds positively brimming with violent skinheads. Where are the skinheads when you need them? What does a girl have to do to get an angry, club- and torch-wielding mob on its feet?

--Ann Coulter

Amen Ann. She's right.

Why is it that illegal aliens can march in our streets, waving their foreign rag in our faces, demanding, yes DEMANDING special priviledges....and no angry mob of Americans will confront them?

Even when we get angry enough to form a "citizen's" militia (as if there is any other kind) all we can manage is to send retiree's in lawnchairs armed with binoculars and cell phones to the border. Where are the angry young men armed with rifles and a willingness to use them?

Why can traitorous, sniveling little peaceniks hold noisey protests without having their heads stomped by righteous patriotic conservatives?

An American can't show his or her face in a muslim country, but self admitted jihadists can safely walk the streets of America and even give lectures in our schools.

A conservative speaker can't show his or her face on campus without inciting violent protests, but mealy-mouth subversive professors can safely spew their poison unmolested by society. No angry conservative is ever waiting off campus to waylay and beat one of these communists to a pulp.

Hateful, racist members of the "New Black Panthers" can carry assault rifles as they parade back and forth infront of the doors of the Republican convention in New Orleans back in 2003, but you can't organise a peaceful, unarmed protest by law abiding gun owners.

What is it about conservatives that we just can't seem to get as riled up as our opponants and enemies?
What would it take to get us fighting mad? Are we so obsessed with looking like the good guys that we've all spontaneously decided that whatever it is we believe in, it's not worth fighting for?

While flicking through the channels I happened upon some travel show in which the cameraman was asking an African tribeswoman what sort of husband she's seeking. Her answer was simple and to the point:
"A man without scars is a coward". Folks, modern conservatism doesn't have a mark on it's body.

Two things come to mind right away.

1. The young man that is wanted on the streets is busy watching the news on his TV as if he was being intertained by a movie and if there is thought to do something he thinks someone else will do it or doesn't want to do it alone.

2. To this youngman these people are his house cleaner, lawn mower, and car washer. He doesn't really want to piss them off or they will start doing their job awful, stealing form him, or worst of all quit altogether and he would have to do these things himself.

Seems that your goal for the conservative party is to manifest intolerance in our society, ignore the facts and go full steam ahead with whatever you believe, or rather, want to believe (e.g. only around 5% of American jobs are taken by immigrats), and advocate violence to silence opposition. Nice plan.

liberal1 said:
Seems that your goal for the conservative party is to manifest intolerance in our society, ignore the facts and go full steam ahead with whatever you believe, or rather, want to believe (e.g. only around 5% of American jobs are taken by immigrats), and advocate violence to silence opposition. Nice plan.

That seems to sum up the Conservative platform.

Yuleluder,

What is it about conservatives that we just can't seem to get as riled up as our opponants and enemies?
What would it take to get us fighting mad? Are we so obsessed with looking like the good guys that we've all spontaneously decided that whatever it is we believe in, it's not worth fighting for?

What we belive in is worth it. We just fight were it matters. In the Poll both... :2wave:

What we belive in is worth it. We just fight were it matters. In the Poll both...

No Doubt!

I just love how leftwingers come attacking with there negative jargon. It's too bad I have a job and a family to feed, or else I would be chilling with the protest warriors.

1. The young man that is wanted on the streets is busy watching the news on his TV as if he was being intertained by a movie and if there is thought to do something he thinks someone else will do it or doesn't want to do it alone.

2. To this youngman these people are his house cleaner, lawn mower, and car washer. He doesn't really want to piss them off or they will start doing their job awful, stealing form him, or worst of all quit altogether and he would have to do these things himself.

Total ignorance to the conservative movement! Do you really think that all of us are well off. I come from a military family, and work hard to take care of my two kids. I mow my own lawn, clean my own house, and wash my car, and I take pride in doing every single one of those tasks.

I also believe that most of the channels are left wing based, so I'm sure there are more left wingers glued to the biased media channels!

Yuleluder,

No Doubt!

I just love how leftwingers come attacking with there negative jargon. It's too bad I have a job and a family to feed, or else I would be chilling with the protest warriors.

Leftwingers abort babies and can't hold a job. They have so much free time on there hands. ;) (Just joking)

Really though... There's no point in an anti-anti Bush protest. It would only end in volance.

Originally Posted by liberal1

Yuleluder said:

Total ignorance to the conservative movement! Do you really think that all of us are well off. I come from a military family, and work hard to take care of my two kids. I mow my own lawn, clean my own house, and wash my car, and I take pride in doing every single one of those tasks.

Well said!

liberal1 said:
There is no "Conservative party". You can have Conservative Republicans and Conservative Democrats just as you can have Liberal Republicans and Liberal Democrats.

Basically, Conservative-Liberal is the X axis, Republican-Democrat is the Y axis.

Ivan and Yuleluder, great posts.

Yuleluder said:
Here is something for us conservatives to think about. This was sent to me in an email from one of my buddies!! Enjoy!!
Is he a liberal? This idea of conservatives seems like a liberal's caricature.

Based solely on my experience, conservatives are law abiding folks who have much better things to do than engage in Brown Shirt style mob vigilantism. Admitedly, this merely anecdotal evidence.

Why is the question, "Why don't conservatives engage in these illegal, violent acts?" The question is why would we?

Of the beauties of democracy is that power changes hands w/o violence. The arena of ideas allows for the freedom of folks to be stupid. That's punishment enough. Why should we also, in addition to rightfully mocking morons, go through the trouble (and dry cleaning bills) of enaging in bloody, illegal and unAmerican activity of trying solve political differences through violence? If we're going to rely on violence to solve our political differences, why bother with democracy?

Why have a first ammendment that guarantees the right for folks to express their stupid ideas in public if we don't have the guts to actually allow it? The electorate can think for ourselves.

Yuleluder said:
Because we ostensibly control all three branches of govt, so why bother getting riled when we should be able to just get things done?

Yuleluder said:
Folks, modern conservatism doesn't have a mark on it's body.
Perhaps you're a young'un if you believe this.

Is he a liberal? This idea of conservatives seems like a liberal's caricature.

Actually I would categproze him as a radical conservative, but definitely he is a Republican.

Originally Posted by Yuleluder
Folks, modern conservatism doesn't have a mark on it's body

Perhaps you're a young'un if you believe this.

Actually this man is nearly 60 years old, hardly a young'un! What marks do you see modern conservatism having?

Jerry,

There is no "Conservative party". You can have Conservative Republicans and Conservative Democrats just as you can have Liberal Republicans and Liberal Democrats.

Basically, Conservative-Liberal is the X axis, Republican-Democrat is the Y axis

Well said.

Jerry said:

Not to mention those who follow minor parties (like the Constitution Party) and Independents who identify themselves as conservative.

Living humbly for our causes

Yuleluder said:
Actually I would categproze him as a radical conservative, but definitely he is a Republican.
Actually this man is nearly 60 years old, hardly a young'un! What marks do you see modern conservatism having?

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
The Reagan Revolution and the Contract w/ America etc were not just handed to conservatives, nor were they the result of mere chance. Thousands of folks worked long and hard for these things to happen. These efforts are costs that are borne by conservatives. They're not as flashy nor as drama laden as the public actions of some groups, this is true. But to denigrate these efforts by refusing to count them is shameful. Every hour spent working on organizing or on a campaign is an hour that wasn't spent with one's family. Not the kind of stuff that makes the evening news the way taking a single day out your schedule to wave a banner can, but it's the kind of stuff that actually makes things happen. Conservative agendas don't make it to the legislative floor w/o these sorts of sacrifices.

So, IMHO, to ask why American conservatives aren't more like the Brown Shirts w/ their mob vigilantism or more like the liberals with their weekend rallies and flag burning really misses the point.

If you want the violent confrontations of mobs to settle political differences instead of reasoned debate in the arena of ideas, then be a nazi.

If you want weekend warriors to hold drum circles and dance around waving banners w/ non-sensical sentiments, then be a liberal.

If you want real people engaging in the hard, tedious work necessary to make actual changes, then accept the fact that sometimes conservatism isn't about Hollywood drama.

Simon W. Moon

If you want weekend warriors to hold drum circles and dance around waving banners w/ non-sensical sentiments, then be a liberal.

Nice! Sorry for all the bad things I said about you.:2wave:

Ivan The Terrible said:
Simon W. Moon

Nice! Sorry for all the bad things I said about you.:2wave:

You usually don't hear of conservatives organizing boycotts or protests marches against some liberal speaker on campus. Conservatives rightfully so object to professors or politicians or anybody else in a position of authority who uses that authority inappropriately; i.e. to squelch free speech or indoctrinate with the person's personal ideology.

From what I've seen in today's sociopolitical environment, it seems that the conservatives are the more tolerant group even as they express their conservative views on how they think their society should be structured. Ann Coulter uses extreme satire to make the point, but all but the ignorant understand that her satire is just that: satire. She gets her point across no matter how outrageously it is expressed.

Skinheads are unfortunately one of those ugly extremist groups loosely categorized in the right wing, but they are not 'conservative' by any definition of conservative I consider valid any more than some of the left wing idiot fringe are 'liberal' by any definition of liberal I consider valid.

It is unfortunate that some on either side of the sociopolitical spectrum see need to demonize the other on those issues in which there is room for honest differences of opinion. Evenso, I think conservatism is the superior ideology when presented accurately. Of course that's why I am a conservative.

Back
Top Bottom