• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Somebody please answer: What is Joe going to do differently on the Virus that Trump is not always doing?

Even more annoying than hearing Trump call covid19 "The China virus" with an in your face smirk was hearing Peter Navarro call it, repeatedly, "the virus from Communist China" today. I guess he thought he could really stick it to the liberals. If they didn't like the racist "Chinese virus" epithet, now he could get them doubly worked up by also linking the virus (and the liberals who defended Chinese Americans who were being attacked) to communism. Peter Navarro is repellent.

Here, let me break out the world's smallest violin to play my heart bleeds for you. anti-mask wearers DESERVE to be in jail. If we shut down the entire country, save for essential workers wearing masks, we would have shut this virus DOWN. Instead anti-mask wearers such as yourself are the reason this virus is still here.
That type of thinking, Praxis, is EXACTLY why I'm voting for Trump.

That type of thinking, Praxis, is EXACTLY why I'm voting for Trump.

Of course you are, because you love watching 200,000+ die from COVID, you cheer it on because you sure in the hell don't want to stop it by wearing masks. We know how sick Trump supporters think. You Trump supporters continue to prove me 100% right about Trump supporters and why I celebrate Trump supporters passing away when they do.

He's gonna make everyone isolate himself (masking has proven monumentally unsuccessful because too many people ignore it) Possible arm-twist governors to close down their states and force cops to enforce mask "laws or forfeit federal aid. Of course since Joe supports reduced funding for cops that probably won't be successful.

BIden will destroy more of the middle class competitors of the super rich on a national level, rather than just at a state level in Democratic run states continue to do for their wealthy employers and Xi Jinping.
Watch FOX much?

First, let's all admit some things to ourselves no matter where we are on the political spectrum.
A lot of other countries, like South Korea, New Zealand, Japan, did the kinds of things WE USED to do during pandemics.
Second, countries like South Korea are NOT as different from us as some think because they have dozens of very large and densely populated major cities just like ours.
Third, WE TAUGHT these countries a lot of what they do because we used to be participants in global coordinating efforts on issues like pandemics and other emergency preparedness.
Fourth, none of the countries that are handling this better ever LIED to their people about it, or sloughed off responsibility to the provinces or states, they did a NATIONAL response, a UNIFORM NATIONAL response.
TESTING on a national level, everyone gets tested for FREE. CONTACT TRACING on a national level, everyone gets contact traced for epidemiological purposes.

But most important, now that we've dragged our feet and split ourselves into warring factions by politicizing a virus, some of what would be proposed at this late stage will not work anymore. Some of what we want to do would have worked EARLY ON, like in the first few weeks.

But this much I can say is likely to happen:
1. A NATIONAL RESPONSE.
Putting the Defense Production Act into action in earnest, not for vents but for things like gloves, masks, alcohol and other sanitizers. Don't be surprised if we see a move to providing every single person in this country with a supply for the duration.

2. Consistent reliance on science, from the best epidemiological experts in the country, and in the world.
EXAMPLE: In order to avoid doing national lockdowns on the economy, guess what we can use (which we haven't) to track hotspots and outbreaks? Sewers! Sewage contains ELEVATED levels of virus just prior to an outbreak.
By tracking sewage output we can focus the most resources on areas where an outbreak is being signaled.

3. Consistent enforcement in outbreak areas where hotspots have been detected. These areas MUST have citizen cooperation on masks, hand washing and social distancing. We enforced these things heavily in 1918 which is why we only lost 675 thousand compared to FIFTY MILLION to the Spanish Flu H1N1 pandemic of 1918.
675 thousand in a national population of 103 million is still high but we did not have vaccines, antiviral meds or much of the science we have now, but it is still a tiny fraction compared to fifty million.

They weren't kidding around about masks in 1918:

View attachment 67302160

Trump keeps talking about Operation Warp Speed but a lot of it has been just talk, and more lies.
I think that if we win enough in both POTUS and Congress, we will see some real effort behind the "talking" with regard to not just development but also with distribution. If we make these medications unaffordable, not enough people will get them, and I am not just talking about vaccines, I am also talking about antiviral medications.

4. I think we will see real moves to straightening out healthcare but with regard to the current situation, I think we will see aggressive action to marshall resources on a national level to help the medical community take an empowered stance on treating COVID patients.

5. Last but not least, I think we will see restored paycheck protection and help for small businesses.
Biden has consistently said over and over, that we will NOT get the economy back on track UNTIL WE HANDLE this pandemic to the best of our ability. If we don't, you can forget economic recovery, because the virus will just keep hitting us between the eyes again and again. It is not going to just "go away" all by itself.

This was a really excellent posting. I love the photo, too. One of my grandmothers lost two children to that epidemic before she went on to have the three children of whom my father was one.
The family history is a little unclear about that time. One of the children may have been hers and the other the child of her sister who also died and for whom she was caring. I always thought it was sad and interesting that my father had a sibling that died before he was even born. He was born in 1920. He was the youngest of three who lived, so perhaps his older sister or brother was born before the death of the sibling who died from swine 'flu.

Of course you are, because you love watching 200,000+ die from COVID, you cheer it on because you sure in the hell don't want to stop it by wearing masks. We know how sick Trump supporters think. You Trump supporters continue to prove me 100% right about Trump supporters and why I celebrate Trump supporters passing away when they do.
I'm pretty sure my back would hurt if I was twisted as far left as you are? Is that what's happening? Is it the pain that makes you so angry?

This was a really excellent posting. I love the photo, too. One of my grandmothers lost two children to that epidemic before she went on to have the three children of whom my father was one.
The family history is a little unclear about that time. One of the children may have been hers and the other the child of her sister who also died and for whom she was caring. I always thought it was sad and interesting that my father had a sibling that died before he was even born. He was born in 1920. He was the youngest of three who lived, so perhaps his older sister or brother was born before the death of the sibling who died from swine 'flu.

I really wish I could attach ALL of the 1918 pandemic photos I have saved up, because the parallels between then and now are disturbing, with one difference.
The difference was, at some point Uncle Sam had enough, and in state after state after state, authorities finally began cracking down in earnest. And just like now in 2020, there was backlash.
Thing is, the authorities had reached the "Zero ****s Given" stage and they cracked down even harder when there was backlash.
Eventually the "slackers" (mask refuseniks) began to comply, thus we finally began to wind things down.

But there were schools, theaters, restaurants, even churches, CLOSED DOWN for a while.
It took drastic steps because it was a drastic problem in a drastic time, with little to no scientific innovation available.
We only had the most basic tools to fight the pandemic, we didn't even HAVE a flu vaccine of any kind yet.

I'm pretty sure my back would hurt if I was twisted as far left as you are? Is that what's happening? Is it the pain that makes you so angry?

Has nothing to do with left and most lefties here disagree with my celebrating Trump supporters passing away. It has to do with Trump supporters which are not the same as Republicans.

It's funny you are so ignorant of my views that you have no clue to them. It's actually quite funny.

I hope that there's a national mask mandate with teeth to it. Enough of this shit.

Yep, and be as rigorously enforced as our federal immigration laws are. ;)

Joe Biden has said he will be different on the Virus. Then he said Trump didn't do anything. Recently he said if he is elected the virus isn't going to suddenly go away. So what is Joe going to do that is different from Trump?
PPE, done. Ventilators, done. Masks, done. Pharmaceuticals working at record pace on a vaccine, done. Rapid testing drive through locations, done. Hospitals erected by military, done. Sent a hospital ship to NYC, done. Contract tracing, done. Social distancing, done. Covid Relief, Signed 4 separate bills in which Congress has authorized roughly $3 trillion in coronavirus relief in four separate measures. These bills attempt to protect the American economy from long-term harm caused by stay-at-home orders and respond to the overall impact of the virus. Business relief, Biden plans to raise taxes by 4 trillion dollars on business and individuals making $400,000 or more.
He will stricktly enforce wearing a mask, right after reducing the police force and jail capacity by 50%.

Last edited:

It matters where you start from. You'd have to go slowly to unwind the pretzels.

Riiiiight, right, right, right....what *specific* federal authority allows him to do it?

Pretzeldential authority, just like the precious.

Yep, and be as rigorously enforced as our federal immigration laws are. ;)

I'd support significant fines, like if someone fired up a Marlboro at a nursery school.

Joe Biden has said he will be different on the Virus. Then he said Trump didn't do anything. Recently he said if he is elected the virus isn't going to suddenly go away. So what is Joe going to do that is different from Trump?
PPE, done. Ventilators, done. Masks, done. Pharmaceuticals working at record pace on a vaccine, done. Rapid testing drive through locations, done. Hospitals erected by military, done. Sent a hospital ship to NYC, done. Contract tracing, done. Social distancing, done. Covid Relief, Signed 4 separate bills in which Congress has authorized roughly $3 trillion in coronavirus relief in four separate measures. These bills attempt to protect the American economy from long-term harm caused by stay-at-home orders and respond to the overall impact of the virus. Business relief, Biden plans to raise taxes by 4 trillion dollars on business and individuals making $400,000 or more.

Decomposing Joe is going to scrap this Trump vaccination and start all over and do it the way it is supposed to be done.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

I'd support significant fines, like if someone fired up a Marlboro at a nursery school.

That (bolded above) would be extremely unlikely to result in any FBI or DHS response. Keep in mind the number of ‘sanctuary’ cities (and states?) as well as states that simply ignored (overrode?) the federal marijuana “ban” without any consequences.

That is the problem with Biden’s desire to no longer have red or blue states, placing everything (anything?) under federal control.

Wear a mask, not calling epidemiologists idiots, avoid packing maskless people together like sardines, stop blaming it on china and Dem govs., .....
You do realize that even the democrats have broken those rules, correct?

Joes TV ads say he is going to do what has already been done by the Trump administration, + increase government bureaucracy, and protect Obamacare.

Thats his plan to end the COVID pandemic.

First Biden will tell Americans the truth about the virus. Unfortunately half of Americans have been indoctrinated with Trumpism. They will not participate in any Biden plan. They will continue to be superspreaders.

There are plenty of models around the world that show what works to control the spread of coronavirus. Most is just common sense. Wear a mask, social distancing, washing hands, avoiding crowds. If Americans would just do these simple things the spread would be greatly reduced.

Without trump trumpeting that coronavirus is nothing to worry about maybe even his followers will see the light.

Deaths per million population

America 709
France 560
Britain 680
Sweden 587
Germany 125
Korea 9

Why couldn't we have done as well as Germany? Or even South Korea?

If we got people to wear masks, that would've saved over 100,000 or about as many who died in WWI.

It's not rocket science.

I hope that there's a national mask mandate with teeth to it. Enough of this shit.

You make me so proud to be an American

*sigh*

Deaths per million population

America 709
France 560
Britain 680
Sweden 587
Germany 125
Korea 9

Why couldn't we have done as well as Germany? Or even South Korea?

If we got people to wear masks, that would've saved over 100,000 or about as many who died in WWI.

It's not rocket science.

America 709

Britain 680

Did you say "deaths per Million" swinger?

Back
Top Bottom