• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some Woman Isnt Allowed to say the Pledge Of Allegience

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Im a little drunk and im not sure what this video is exactly but it seems to show 1 point of view and i thought Id share it here.

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Thank you for posting that.

I'm glad he did. Did you watch it all the way through?

NOPE. I literally could not give one shiny turd about the pledge of allegiance.

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I have just read at (yes) Breitbart that the Board of Trustees of Santa Barbara [a city here in California] City College will no longer recite the Pledge at board meetings.

The Board's president feels that the Pledge reflects something called "white nationalism," and he is also offended by the words "one nation under God."

I know from personal experience that many public schools here in California have stopped the Pledge each morning because many students simply refuse to recite it.

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NOPE. I literally could not give one shiny turd about the pledge of allegiance.

The point of the video wasn't about the Pledge of Allegiance. Since the title of the video gives the reason I'm sure you knew that. So, because you don't give "one shiny turd" about the pledge you also don't give "one shiny turd" that the woman was continually shouted down during her allotted time to speak at that meeting? For simply expressing her opinion on the Pledge? For expressing why she values the Pledge?

Is that really the world that you want to live in?

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The point of the video wasn't about the Pledge of Allegiance. Since the title of the video gives the reason I'm sure you knew that. So, because you don't give "one shiny turd" about the pledge you also don't give "one shiny turd" that the woman was continually shouted down during her allotted time to speak at that meeting? For simply expressing her opinion on the Pledge? For expressing why she values the Pledge?

Is that really the world that you want to live in?

Not really, and whoever was in charge of the meeting should have done something about it. Even if she really didn’t have anything to say, it was her time.

That said, I don’t see how this even merits a thread.

Kobie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have just read at (yes) Breitbart that the Board of Trustees of Santa Barbara [a city here in California] City College will no longer recite the Pledge at board meetings.

The Board's president feels that the Pledge reflects something called "white nationalism," and he is also offended by the words "one nation under God."

I know from personal experience that many public schools here in California have stopped the Pledge each morning because many students simply refuse to recite it.

Good. I’m not a huge fan of compulsory loyalty oaths administered to children.

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Good. I’m not a huge fan of compulsory loyalty oaths administered to children.

Yup. I stopped doing it; I just stood there. So did most kids. Glad I don't have to do that anymore.

Top Bottom