• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some scientists are trying to create technology that would be used to read thoughts

Some scientists are trying to create technology that would be used to read thoughts

• Let them create it (what could possibly go wrong?)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Stop them

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Would you rather let them create it (what could possibly go wrong?) or stop them?

Re: Some scientists are trying to create technology that would be used to read though

Would you rather let them create it (what could possibly go wrong?) or stop them?

Allow a major tool of totalitarian control? No way in hell. :no:

Re: Some scientists are trying to create technology that would be used to read though

This a terrible idea that should not go forward.

Since it didn't say that there would be any mind "control" in the method, why stop them? It would be impossible to stop them anyway.

Since it didn't say that there would be any mind "control" in the method, why stop them? It would be impossible to stop them anyway.

Is your mind so pure you wouldn't mind other's access to reading it at will?

If you honestly think so...have the signs and portents presented us with your Second Coming? :shock:

Last edited:

Should I get a warning tattooed on my forehead? I can't be held responsible for the suffering incurred by technology.

We have several areas of Science that Society frowns upon.
I am not a big fan of political correctness, but the chances of some good coming
actual thought monitoring, seem to be far outweighed with the potential damage
to personal freedom.

My opinion of such a technology would depend on the specific details (is this thread based on something real or is it entirely hypothetical)?

Regardless, it’s not possible to prevent scientific progress. Even if you could stop the scientists doing it openly, you’d just leave it to other scientists doing it secretly (probably with fewer controls and safety measures). It’s what has happened with cloning to an extent.

I don’t want to get shot against my will either. Is that a reason to try to prevent further research in to firearms?

Doesn't surprise me. Scares me, but doesn't surprise me.

If it means the waitress finally understands me when I ask for the eggs not to be runny, then I'm all for it.

Day one after everybody acquires the ability to read each other's minds: every relationship and every marriage ends. Oh, and every employee in every job is fired.

If you honestly think so...have the signs and portents presented us with your Second Coming? :shock:

Not worried in the least...unpure thoughts and all. :)

Back
Top Bottom